/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a problem?

AnonymousPoster
01-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Salaam Brothers and Sisters..

Recently, when I go to the mosque and the Athan comes on.. I start to shiver and sometimes I feel to cry but I hold it back.

I know it sounds silly but I wanted to know if this was bad?

Jazak..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't think it is a problem, unless it prevents you from doing your daily activity.. any emotion that overtakes you, just let it overtake you and don't resist it unless it is a bad emotion and you are acting it out in a negative fashion (like anger)

and Allah swt knows best..

:w:

OurIslamic
01-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm sure you'd know better than any of us, since you know what's going through your mind. Are there very few people in the Masjid while you are there? Also, I noticed that the Masjid I go to has the A/C on a lot, maybe it's colder in your Masjid too, and the sound vibrations cause you to realize it?

I can't explain the crying though, since there are two types of crying:

1) Crying for joy

2) Crying for sadness

Either, you're in awe of the Athan, or you're afraid of it.

Snowflake
01-07-2010, 11:02 PM
:sl: Go and see a Raki inshaAllah. (Person who does ruqyah).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I can't explain the crying though, since there are two types of crying:

1) Crying for joy
This is good

2) Crying for sadness
This is also good if you are scared of future or some other religious reasonns. If none of these contact an elder :)

tw009
01-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Its not a problem. I feel like that too sometimes especially when I read the translation of the Qur'an, it gives me shivers and sometimes tears fill my eyes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.