/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fist fighting!

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I was just wondering to myself....."self,.... what is Islams veiw of fighting"?

Now i'm not speaking of Holy wars or land battles or even religious battles.

I'm talking about down and dirty fist fights between friends or foes. Let me give an example;

When I was in high school my younger brother was at the same school (2 grades below me). He had a big mouth and always got himself in trouble......Maybe a Napoleon complex...I don't know?(he's short, only 5'6'') ......no offense to the verticaly challenged.

MOst of the time he would just use me, saying, "go ahead hit me i will just get my brother after you" ......uggggimsad

So it was pretty common for me to have a bunch of people , usually around 5-10 greeting me at the exit of the school after school....and no it wasn't to say hello!

Now keep in mind i am a ....large dude. I am 6'2'' 244 pounds...and a very low fat content...if you get my drift. in school i was about that same size. So i told my brother one time "you started this, you get yourself out of this" and walked away.....Then i remembered that i am my brothers keeper, and went back. Well they were pushing him around and so I asked them to stop....nicely...once. They didn't seem to care. So I told him to run, and he did. I told them that it was a little unfair, 8 on 1 or 6 on 1 I can't remember? One of the tried to swing at me..i dodged it and another jumped on my back, 2 more knocked me down and they started to kick me. Now i know as a Christian I am supposed to turn my cheek and give them the other in this situation.......butttttt.....it didn't go down like that...I was able to get one in a choke hold, and kicked another down. After i was able to get up iwas able too ......lets just say .....box with them.:embarrass

End of story is I got the belt...they heard the bells ringing. I am by the way a trained boxer, and the worst part is...I told them that and they still wanted to fight.

I was suspended indefinelty pending an investigation to see if my training negated being labeled "A trained weapon" ......seriously! I was let back to school after 1 month. my suspension was titled "excessive brute force" and they called the police as well to determine wether I needed to transfer to another school.

Their justification was said as this; "your training makes the fight that took place deemed excessice brute force unneeded, the fight was unfair because of your training and deemed not self defense" ....I was like, WHAT? there were 6 of them and one of me? They said i came out with no injuries and 3 of them were hospitalized.....oops:hmm: and that my size was also an unfair advantage:hmm:
Whatever....

It's funny some times. Being the size I am you would think people would run away or just avoid confrontation at all costs? ......Although my wife and Zainab, including her husband say i look intimidating? Her husband said "If I saw you comming towards me i would walk away too, especially if I didn't know you" ....but it's amazing how many wan't to test big dudes....i guess it's the Nepoleon complex thing again??.... You know, little dude, big attitude;D

I am the most peaceful guy you will ever meet, I always avoid confrontation if possible......especialy my wife:phew that little 5'2'' 100 pound Indian woman is the only person that will stand her ground with me;D ......well my mother too.

Do you, or have you found yourself in a predicament that couldn't be avoided? If so what happened, or better yet....how did you get away from it?

sorry so long. God be with you all.......and keep the Nepoleon complex people away from you. Amen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
01-07-2010, 09:59 PM
I play fist fights with my brother, although he get stronger every second, most of the time I win. ;D

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I play fist fights with my brother, although he get stronger every second, most of the time I win. ;D
lol, there you go... a strong Muslim sister:D

I have fought more with my brother than anybody(playfully) believe it or not he's like half my size....and has kicked my *** a couple of times:embarrass

Güven
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
You are boasting too much. :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
01-07-2010, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
You are boasting too much. :exhausted
No sir, sorry if it came off that way. I am asking what others did as a salution to this. Or how Islam says to treat a situation such as the example i told? Trust me I am not boasting, I do not take any pride for what I have done to others even if they were at faultimsad. I ahve since quit boxing and only train for physical fitness.

I'm 30 now, sounds young but I am worn out. I would probably get bested by kids half my age now anyway. It's just a boxers mentality to fight hard, but it comes from humillity,and discipline.

Sorry if it came off as boastingimsad I will delete it at your request?

God be with you.

ardianto
01-08-2010, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I was just wondering to myself....."self,.... what is Islams veiw of fighting"?
Rasulallah Muhammad (saw) said
"If any one of you has a fight with his brother, let him avoid the face"
(Al-Bukhaari 2560, Muslim 2612)

Sport fighting and martial art is allowed but Muslim must avoid hit the opponent face/head. This a reason why many Ulama issued fatwa haram for boxing, because in boxing a boxer always and only hit the opponent face/head.

But actually this fatwa is only for boxing match in real match or training match with sparing partner. Boxing as self defense or boxing that hit sand bag is allowed. Fist fight that not targeting head is also allowed.

And Ulama never issued fatwa haram for other martial arts, because in karate, kungfu, or other martial art sport, opponent head is not the main and only target.

I am 6'2'' 244 pounds...
Around 186 centimeters, 110 kilograms. Hey, you are big !

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Rasulallah Muhammad (saw) said
"If any one of you has a fight with his brother, let him avoid the face"
(Al-Bukhaari 2560, Muslim 2612)

Sport fighting and martial art is allowed but Muslim must avoid hit the opponent face/head. This a reason why many Ulama issued fatwa haram for boxing, because in boxing a boxer always and only hit the opponent face/head.

But actually this fatwa is only for boxing match in real match or training match with sparing partner. Boxing as self defense or boxing that hit sand bag is allowed. Fist fight that not targeting head is also allowed.

And Ulama never issued fatwa haram for other martial arts, because in karate, kungfu, or other martial art sport, opponent head is not the main and only target.

Around 186 centimeters, 110 kilograms. Hey, you are big !
Awesome! thanks for the info:D

And yes....I'm a rather large fellow;D Get in the gym and work out on a extreme regement. Do this for 10 years constantly and it does something to you.;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.