/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim son accused of Hiring fellow Muslim classmate to kill mom

//-Asif-\\
01-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Paradise lies under the feet of the mother. This spoiled rotten boy didn't think so.:raging:

Link:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6801520.html

Son accused of hiring classmate to kill mom
By BRIAN ROGERS
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:10PM

The teen accused of hiring a friend to kill his mother, and the friend accused of killing the mother appeared in court. Video by Jason Witmer. Jan. 7, 2010.Police charge son in moms death, , Danish Minhas, son of a woman found dead in her southwest Houston home last month has been accused of hiring a classmate to kill her because she was too strict. Video James Nielsen. Dec. 6, 2010.

From the beginning, Houston police say, they doubted 17-year-old Danish Moazzam Minhas' story about finding his mother's bloody body in their apartment.

The Lee High School student told investigators he'd spent the entire night out and came upon the crime scene when he returned home that morning in late November. The attacker, Minhas told detectives, must have surprised 43-year-old Tabassum Khan while she was counting money she planned to spend on bills and the traditional Muslim feast of Eid.

Evidence inside the apartment convinced police that Khan hadn't gone down without a fight. Stabbed dozens of times, she still managed to put up enough resistance to wreck her home.

Six weeks later, authorities announced Wednesday that a fingerprint discovered at the scene led them to one of Minhas' classmates, who told police Minhas promised him $4,000 to kill his mother.

He is now charged with solicitation of capital murder, authorities said, and has confessed to arranging the killing because he felt his mother was too strict. Prosecutors have charged Nur J. Mohamed with capital murder in the Nov. 24 stabbing.

“They knew we had them,” Houston Police Sgt. Brian Harris said. “They knew they left too much evidence at the scene.”

The break in the case came weeks after the killing when a Houston ISD police officer caught Mohamed, an 18-year-old native of Somalia, with drugs on the Lee campus, Harris said. His fingerprints matched those left at the crime scene, Harris said.

Mohamed said Minhas promised him $4,000. He got only $1,000 from the apartment, Harris said.

Menhas and Mohamed were seen leaving school together on the day of the killing and Minhas acted as a lookout while Mohamad went into the apartment, Harris said.

Khan “was a fighter. She fought for her life. She fought and fought and fought,” Harris said of the slain woman. “That's why the scene was as gruesome as it was.”

Minhas' cousin said the family was devastated by Khan's death and by the accusations that Minhas had hired her killer.

“We did not expect any of this,” said Atif Iqbal. “He was my brother. He was our son. He was everything. We put all of our efforts into nurturing him and his education. Never in my wildest dreams did we ever think about him like this. He's 17 years old, for crying out loud.”

Said mom was too strict

Iqbal said Khan and Minhas came from Lahore, Pakistan, about 10 years ago. Minhas' father is not in contact with anyone in the family, his cousin said.

Minhas and Mohamad displayed no emotion about the crime and tried to charm investigators, Harris said.

“He's very manipulative, very cunning,” the detective said of Minhas, “and he was trying to put his spin on it.”

Dealing with Khan's son, Harris said, was a “cat-and-mouse game” until he was confronted with Mohamad's statement,

Then Minhas told police he “loved his mother to death” but she was too strict, Harris said. “I don't think he realized how that sounded. … She gave him a curfew, chores and other things a responsible parent does.”

Investigators also reviewed the teens' social networking Web pages on Facebook and MySpace.

“There's a whole narrative where he writes that he likes to be in charge and in control,” Harris said.

Saw himself as ‘a hero'

A week before his mother was killed, Minhas posted as his MySpace status, “It's all good ... waiting for things to happen.”

He wrote that he considers a hero to be “Anyone that can save the day, or come clean out of an embarrasing (sic) situation, then Hey, that person is a hero. . Wait that's me!”

Iqbal said his aunt wasn't too strict.

“She's a mom. He's a teenager, and he was getting in to the wrong things,” Iqbal said.

He also said Khan provided her son with new clothes, cell phones and a new car while she drove an older model.

“We fed him with a spoon made out of gold,” Iqbal said. “She worked 14 hours a day to support him.”

Chronicle reporters Mike Glenn, Dale Lezon and Ericka Mellon contributed to this story.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
:sl:

Subhanallah :raging: What kind of human being kills his own mother. :raging:

AlHoda
01-08-2010, 01:10 AM
He's a muslim also? :skeleton:

Grofica
01-08-2010, 02:23 AM
see i cant... wow i just dont know what to say i dont even know how something like that happens.

i raised my voice at my mother (in anger) once and only once... and she let me have it good. i relized that day my mom is like superman. i am full grown and out on my own for years but let me tell you i still dont mess with my mom...

maybe being spoiled was a portion of the problem??????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
01-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Thats so sad. May his mother reap the benifits of heaven . Amen

This was one sick+o( individual:raging:

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
see i cant... wow i just dont know what to say i dont even know how something like that happens.

i raised my voice at my mother (in anger) once and only once... and she let me have it good. i relized that day my mom is like superman. i am full grown and out on my own for years but let me tell you i still dont mess with my mom...

maybe being spoiled was a portion of the problem??????
Yeah really! I am too afraid of my mother to even talk back:phew and shes 2 feet shorter than me;D

My mother actualyy spanked me once when i was 24! ......It still hurts:p

Donia
01-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Evidence inside the apartment convinced police that Khan hadn't gone down without a fight. Stabbed dozens of times, she still managed to put up enough resistance to wreck her home.
imsad

SubhanAllah... That made me sad... and angry. :raging:

It's one thing when someone passes away instantly or quick but this doesn't seem to be the case in this story.
I really don't know what's wrong with some people. May Allah protect us from EVER becoming or coming into contact with anyone like this.. Ameen.

imsad

The_Prince
01-08-2010, 03:54 AM
i doubt he is Muslim, and by Muslim i mean a real Muslim with true faith. he tells his friend to murder his mom for being too strict, his friend has drugs etc etc, this guy seems to be messed in the head.

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
i doubt he is Muslim, and by Muslim i mean a real Muslim with true faith. he tells his friend to murder his mom for being too strict, his friend has drugs etc etc, this guy seems to be messed in the head.
I think your right on that one. No God fearing man could do this to his motherimsad

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-08-2010, 04:00 AM
^^ I agree. I cant believe he did that. imsad

Here u have it tho... Muslim in the title :p If its not a muslim, no religious affiliation :x

OurIslamic
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
That's utterly repulsive, for lack of better words.

Snowflake
01-08-2010, 04:12 AM
^exactly!@sis Light

I'm speechless tbh.. I've heard of a muslim kill his mother before. He slit her throat when she refused to give him money for drugs. :cry:

Another man killed his father with the help of his son. May Allah forgive all the deceased. Ameen.

syilla
01-08-2010, 04:18 AM
this one kill both his parents. and the father was beheaded

GRUESOME FIND: Police carrying the severed head after finding it buried in a makeshift grave

PETALING JAYA: What possessed the mind of a 34-year-old odd job worker to attack and kill his own family and run away with the severed head of his father before burying it in a makeshift grave some 120km away?

The Malay Mail was told this morning that the suspect informed police that the act of severing the head of one victim and the fingers of another was an "order by a divine power" and that they would be raised from the dead as pious people.

The suspect also said he killed his victims after being "instructed by the divine power" to kill the four victims as they were "devils in disguise".

It is believed the suspect is expected to be sent to the Seremban Hospital for a medical check-up to determine his mental condition.

He was taken back to Seremban last night after he led a police team to the Seksyen 21 Muslim cemetery in Shah Alam where they recovered a severed head in a plastic bag buried 60cm deep.

The discovery capped a 48-hour frantic search for the suspect after the gruesome murders of 87-year-old Atan Daud, his 80-year-old wife Sufiah Katas, their son-in-law Ismail Awang, 76, and Ismail's daughter Siti Khadijah, 22, at Kg Batang Rokan in Gemencheh, Negri Sembilan on Tuesday.

Ismail's headless body was found in Atan and Sufiah's house, while Siti Khadijah's was found in her family home 20m away. Their bodies were found by Ismail's other daughter, Siti Mariam, 19.

The suspect was arrested yesterday afternoon near an overhead bridge at the Masjid Jamek LRT station in Kuala Lumpur after a short scuffle with an auxiliary policeman. In the scuffle, the suspect slashed the policeman who, however, managed to overpower him.

After the murders, the suspect was believed to have fled on a motorcycle belonging to Ismail to Taman Gunung Emas, about 25km from the village before boarding a bus to Kuala Lumpur.

The suspect's relative was reported as describing him as a quiet person who got along well with his siblings and friends. He was reportedly working in the Klang Valley for several years but could not hold on to jobs.

The man had studied at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in Skudai, Johor, but dropped out for unknown reasons. He was working as a restaurant helper in the city prior to the incident.

http://mmail.com.my/content/23978-suspect-took-bus-kl

OurIslamic
01-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Ugh...is it really necessary to post more nasty stuff? :(

//-Asif-\\
01-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I live in Houston, Texas and this was on the front page of our local newspaper and has gone national. What's the most shocking about it is that he hinted about the killing on facebook and was excited about it. Classic case of an immigrant that got caught up in living the dunya driven American life of money, cars, clothes and girls while Islam and family took a back seat.

His mom was basically a roadblock in his way so he had to take her out by hiring a wannabe gangster classmate that was Muslim, by name at least, to do the deed. Absolutely shameful.

“She's a mom. He's a teenager, and he was getting in to the wrong things,” Iqbal said.

He also said Khan provided her son with new clothes, cell phones and a new car while she drove an older model.

“We fed him with a spoon made out of gold,” Iqbal said. “She worked 14 hours a day to support him.”
That takes the cake. Spoiled beyond repair and still gave mom the axe.

aadil77
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
that is a disgusting and sick crime, thats one gate of jannah closed for him and I hope he burns in hell, whilst his mother who made soo many sacrifices for that peice of **** gets elevated to the highest part of jannah

Supreme
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Respecting parents anyone?

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Respecting parents anyone?
As it is said "Honor thy mother and father".

//-Asif-\\
01-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Not only is this another case of Muslims in the news negatively but it really brings about the need to really take a hard look at the Muslim youth and how effective the parenting and implementation of Islamic morals and values is.

The story was mentioned after today's khutbah and the brother said that we really need to ask ourselves about our children and the Muslim teens living in the west who are bombarded with materialistic things and the need of being independent and how we can sway them away from that mindset.

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by //-Asif-\\
Not only is this another case of Muslims in the news negatively but it really brings about the need to really take a hard look at the Muslim youth and how effective the parenting and implementation of Islamic morals and values is.

The story was mentioned after today's khutbah and the brother said that we really need to ask ourselves about our children and the Muslim teens living in the west who are bombarded with materialistic things and the need of being independent and how we can sway them away from that mindset.
I think that pertains to children of all faiths. Children are the products of their parents and what they are taught by their elders. You are right in saying this "live free and do what you want" attitude is infecting our youngimsad but it is our duty as the parents to teach these children the right way.

God bless, and God be with our children.Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
01-09-2010, 09:21 AM
that is soooooo wrong :heated: imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.