PDA

View Full Version : Twitter...



Raaina
01-08-2010, 08:34 AM
If I remember correctly, Twitter was launched just after facebook, but it never really took off as a social networking thing.

Facebook seems to be used for keeping in touch with friends and relatives, twitter seems to have taken on a celebrity status, where mosts Tv actors & hosts/people in the public eye use it.

So, do you twitter?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
I opened twitter account 2 years ago, but never really used it as no one in Indonesia was not really using it back then.
But lately many more people here started using it, and it becomes very popular after some celebrities posted really ridiculous and controversial comments on it.
Some people I know are on it 24 hrs, they tweet every 5 minutes I am not joking.
I see it as a peversion and clearly exhibitionist in nature.
Else why would you want to broadcast where you are, what you are doing, what you are thinking about ANY random thing constantly.
And it shows how voyeuristic society have become because people get excited from reading those tweets and wanting to know what others are doing, thinking and where they are at any given time.
Reply

AlHoda
01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by naidamar
I opened twitter account 2 years ago, but never really used it as no one in Indonesia was not really using it back then.
But lately many more people here started using it, and it becomes very popular after some celebrities posted really ridiculous and controversial comments on it.
Some people I know are on it 24 hrs, they tweet every 5 minutes I am not joking.
I see it as a peversion and clearly exhibitionist in nature.
Else why would you want to broadcast where you are, what you are doing, what you are thinking about ANY random thing constantly.
And it shows how voyeuristic society have become because people get excited from reading those tweets and wanting to know what others are doing, thinking and where they are at any given time.
Apparantly have they forgotten something called 'privacy'.
;D
Reply

cat eyes
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
my sis is mad about that thing because of the celebrities on it. Sheruk khan the bollywood actor joined it 3days ago..thatz what i heard
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Raaina
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by cat eyes
my sis is mad about that thing because of the celebrities on it. Sheruk khan the bollywood actor joined it 3days ago..thatz what i heard
Clearly i'm not "in" with the kids these days.... Who is Sheruk Khan :p
Reply

cat eyes
01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
lol hes born pakistani indian actor
http://www.filmregister.com/pics/act...ahrukhKhan.jpg
Reply

Raaina
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I still like Aamir Khan :wub:
Reply

cat eyes
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I still like Aamir Khan :wub:
lol yeah hes okay :p but shahrukh is good actor. his new movie will be releasing soon :p
Reply

Raaina
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by cat eyes
lol yeah hes okay :p but shahrukh is good actor. his new movie will be releasing soon :p
Ohh I could do with a new bollywood film, what is his new movie?
Reply

Allaah Knows
01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
nup

I'm sad like that
Reply

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-08-2010, 03:11 PM
No, I never signed up for twitter. And I'm :statisfie I dont give a **** about celebrities...;D
Reply

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 06:12 AM
:sl:

I just signed up for an account, but I don't understand the purpose of it :confused:
They all seem to be tweeting facts and stuff, but what is the real purpose.
Reply

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Oooo I like twitter. There are a lot of muslims on there, alhumdillah. For me the purpose of twitter is to pass on information in real time. It's a tool to get an idea on what's going on in countries where there is no media access, like Iran or Palestine.
Reply

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by zaira
Oooo I like twitter. There are a lot of muslims on there, alhumdillah. For me the purpose of twitter is to pass on information in real time. It's a tool to get an idea on what's going on in countries where there is no media access, like Iran or Palestine.
:sl:
The first time I heard about twitter was when the protest against Ahmeddinjad *please correct me if I am wrong* started.
:heated:
Reply

syilla
01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
can i know who is the owner of twitter?

sometimes it is easy to have this kind of thing...when you need to share documents or articles or videos with your relatives of friends...

And yes i don't have twitter...and yes i think facebook has taken up alot of my time. But yes... i'm not really hooked to it...actually it has be 5 months i've not activate my fb.
Reply

Raaina
01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Jack Dorsey and Evan Williams co-founded Twitter.

I've never really understand the purpose for it. However I did read people were using twitter to update about the Haiti earthquake which happend today. So, (I think someone else said this also) I guessed its used to spread news where media coverage is currently available.
Reply

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by AlHoda
:sl:
The first time I heard about twitter was when the protest against Ahmeddinjad *please correct me if I am wrong* started.
:heated:
Your right, that's when I got into twitter was after the Iranian election last summer. Still a very sad situation. So many brothers and sisters have been killed, tortured and imprisoned for protesting election results. The protests and the killings are still going on today :(
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by zaira
Your right, that's when I got into twitter was after the Iranian election last summer. Still a very sad situation. So many brothers and sisters have been killed, tortured and imprisoned for protesting election results. The protests and the killings are still going on today :(
Iran was attacked from inside...the people might have protested but other entities were present causing mayhem to build a revolution to overthrow the current government because its not Israel compatible
Reply

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Iran was attacked from inside...the people might have protested but other entities were present causing mayhem to build a revolution to overthrow the current government because its not Israel compatible
While I'm sure there were other entities involved from the West there is no way you can point the finger that them. Iran has horrible human rights and the people there are sick of it.
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by zaira
While I'm sure there were other entities involved from the West there is no way you can point the finger that them. Iran has horrible human rights and the people there are sick of it.
Iran has its flaws i agree with you but i couldn't help but point the finger at the entities that claim democratic perfection but still run torture camps and meddle in other countries affairs those deserve fingers pointed at them preferably into their eyes with the dollar signs
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by zaira
While I'm sure there were other entities involved from the West there is no way you can point the finger that them. Iran has horrible human rights and the people there are sick of it.
Are you talking from a sympathetic attitude from Western perspective for Iran? As far as I know, most criticizers of current Iranian regime are secular in nature. They want, whatever Islam there is, to be abolished and replaced by secular laws. I do not support anyone. Neither did I find it intellectually worth it to participate in all those protests in Toronto organized by Iranians. I have my own life to live, my own goals, than to care about those being killed in Iran by protestors. I feel sad for a Muslim who dies innocently and I pray for him. Should I, however, feel sad and pray for Muslims who hold protests and support another democratic leader who will only bring Shiism.. I dont know, Mousavi in this case. By the way, most of Iranians are Toronto, or Canada, are tired of Islam, or at least Islam in politics. You would realize if you talk to them.
Reply

Asiyaah
01-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Are you talking from a sympathetic attitude from Western perspective for Iran? As far as I know, most criticizers of current Iranian regime are secular in nature. They want, whatever Islam there is, to be abolished and replaced by secular laws. I do not support anyone. Neither did I find it intellectually worth it to participate in all those protests in Toronto organized by Iranians. I have my own life to live, my own goals, than to care about those being killed in Iran by protestors. I feel sad for a Muslim who dies innocently and I pray for him. Should I, however, feel sad and pray for Muslims who hold protests and support another democratic leader who will only bring Shiism.. I dont know, Mousavi in this case. By the way, most of Iranians are Toronto, or Canada, are tired of Islam, or at least Islam in politics. You would realize if you talk to them.
I understand your point of view. I don't agree with mixing church and state or I suppose in this case mosque and state. If someone is muslim because the law forces them to be, what is the point of that?
Reply

OurIslamic
01-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Twitter is actually mostly used for promoting business now. I tweet all the time to promote http://OurIslamic.com
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:16 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!