/* */

PDA

View Full Version : deleting history

Ummu Sufyaan
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
:sl:
you know when you type something into Google there is a range of titles you have previously typed in. yes, how do i delete them so that whatever thing you type in, they dont reappear?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
01-08-2010, 09:27 AM
:wasalamex

You can just highlight them and press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Insaanah
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM

^ I tried that and it didn't work for me. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

The only way I know how to do it, is if you have the Google toolbar installed, if you click on the drop down arrow next to the search space, everything you've searched recently will appear. At the bottom right, it will say "delete history." Click on that and everything you've searched will disappear.

It would be nice if you could delete certain searches, wihout having to delete the whole lot. I wonder if there's a way to do that....

'Abd-al Latif
01-14-2010, 08:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
you know when you type something into Google there is a range of titles you have previously typed in. yes, how do i delete them so that whatever thing you type in, they dont reappear?
:salamext:

On the internet explorer go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete files -> delete search history

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 08:26 AM
if you're keeping it real and you're using mozilla :)

then sister all you do is go to tools and click clear recent history

or if you want there's software that do it for you

http://www.historycleaner.net/
http://www.deletehistoryfree.com/

but the best way is to use ur explorer and do it from there

peace

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
thanks you all, i did manage to figure it out a few days ago...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.