/* */

PDA

View Full Version : George Galloway MP deported from Egypt

JoshuaD
01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
British MP George Galloway has been deported from Egypt.

The Bow and Bethnal Green MP has been in the Middle East with international activists trying to take 200 aid trucks into the blockaded Gaza Strip.

Egypt had refused some of the vehicles access and there have been protests and clashes on the Egypt-Gaza border.

A spokeswoman for the activists said Mr Galloway had been driven off by police after trying to return to Gaza to help colleagues who had been arrested.

The incident began when Respect MP Mr Galloway and colleague Ron McKay arrived at the Rafah crossing from Gaza to Egypt.

Police convoy

The spokeswoman said: "As soon as they emerged on to Egyptian soil, both men were forcibly pushed into a van, refused exit and told that they were leaving the country. They were then driven off in a police convoy."

She said Mr Galloway had been put on a plane bound for London.

On Wednesday an Egyptian soldier was killed and several Palestinians hurt during clashes over the delayed aid convoy, which involves 550 people from 17 countries. Dozens of activists had been hurt on Tuesday.

Egypt and Israel impose a strict blockade on the Gaza Strip, which Israel says is aimed at weakening Hamas.

The Viva Palestina aid convoy, which is carrying items including heart monitors, clothing and dental equipment, aims to break the blockade.

Mr Galloway spent the night in a cell in Egypt in 2006 after attending an anti-war event.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8447847.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Egypt is just another puppet govt, too cowardly to even let in some aid for fellow palestinians all because they fear a few words from the zionist regime.

May Allah curse those 'soldiers' and their govt

Souljette
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Subhanallah.. a muslim country doesn't want to help their own brothers and this man is helping ..what will happen to these muslims only allah knows

Ramadhan
01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I find it very hard to understand this.

A muslim country blockading entry to muslims brothers and sisters who are suffering at the hand of the zionist state, and arrested non muslim internationals who provided aid to those oppressed brothers and sisters??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
:sl:

I feel it shows who Egypt are really afraid of. Allah or other governments?

:( sad really

Chuck
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Egypt is just another puppet govt, too cowardly to even let in some aid for fellow palestinians all because they fear a few words from the zionist regime.

May Allah curse those 'soldiers' and their govt
Egypt has to follow international rules. UN needs to interfere and make them pass aid. If they still don't do then it is Egypt's fault.

The_Prince
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
with rulers like these, who needs enemies.

Supreme
01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm not keen on Galloway myself, what, after his Big Brother performance (by that I mean 'ridicule'), but he was merely trying to provide aid to the Palestinians, and his will was good. Since when has trying to help people been illegal?

Chuck
01-08-2010, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I'm not keen on Galloway myself, what, after his Big Brother performance (by that I mean 'ridicule'), but he was merely trying to provide aid to the Palestinians, and his will was good. Since when has trying to help people been illegal?
Well it is a complicated issue, since they have treaty with Israel. If they allow to pass then Israel will make a fuss that Egypt broke the treaty. But UN can come in and help in this situation.

bewildred
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Yikes, very complicated indeed. At least, now, everyone can see that Egypt has chosen its team. It's plain sad. I just heard Adel Imam comment in Al Arabyah that Egypt has all the rights to "secure" its borders and that Hamas is the only one to blame to the destruction of Ghaza. He also can't understand all the fatwas done against the Egyptian wall. Well, well, all I can't understand is the Egyptian mutism. all the Egyptian people was so very furious over a soccer match.....

Chuck
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
The Treaty of Hudaybiyyah was not easy: http://www.halaltube.com/he-treaty-o...ce-to-our-time

Hamza Asadullah
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Well it is a complicated issue, since they have treaty with Israel. If they allow to pass then Israel will make a fuss that Egypt broke the treaty. But UN can come in and help in this situation.

Husni Mubarak is one of the biggest Muslim sellouts of all time. He has basically sold himself to Israel and is an aide to Israel. He does not care for Palestinian lives!

There is no justification for his actions at all. You talk about treatys? Israel has broken more treaties, agreements and laws than any other country on earth!

Husni Mubarak will answer to Allah on the day of recompanse and it won't be a pretty site!

heavenlyspot
01-12-2010, 05:10 AM

:ooh:

This is quite surprising, what move will Egypt pull next? The Egyptian government is literally becoming friends with Israel. The defenseless Palestinians have no where to turn to as of now, especially with those walls being built soon.

This is why I find it more and more difficult to conceal my anger towards those *Muslims for Obama*. The Western world has never been sypathetic towards Muslims. All these new policies- walls in Palestine, body scanners, 300 000 more toops sent to Afghanistan, and, the broken promise to close Guantanamo Bay prison, is all stellar proof that Obama has no interest to assist us with aiding our defenseless Muslim brothers and sisters, either here or in the Middle East.

... Political science is overrated. Although I'm taking it at school I wonder if people like us (activists) can really change the world? Would they 'let' us?

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.