/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian churches fire-bombed as 'Allah' row escalates

JoshuaD
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Three churches have been attacked in Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, ahead of protests by Muslim groups.

The administrative offices of one church were destroyed by a firebomb attack and one of the other two churches attacked was slightly damaged.

Some Muslim groups are angry at a court decision allowing non-Muslims to use the word Allah to refer to God.

The government of the mainly Muslim nation has condemned the attacks on the churches and vowed to take action.

About 60% of Malaysians are Malay Muslims and the government relies on their vote.

There also significant Chinese and Indian minorities, who are mainly Christians, Hindus and Buddhists.

The controversy stems from a ban on a Catholic newspaper, The Herald, using the word Allah.

The Kuala Lumpur High Court struck down the three-year old ban on non-Muslims using of the word Allah.

Some major Muslim organisations, including the Islamic political party, PAS, have agreed with the court, saying other Abrahamic religions - Christinaity and Judiasm - may use the word.

But some vocal groups, including the Muslim Youth Movement, Abim, have cast the use of the word Allah as a surreptitious effort on the part of Christians to try to seduce Muslims away from Islam.

Church officials say that although the word Allah originated in Arabic, Malays have used it for centuries to refer generally to God, and Arabic-speaking Christians used it before Islam was founded, reports the BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott.

Molotov cocktails

The argument has continued in the media and the courts for months but had not become violent - until assailants on motorbikes were seen smashing the windows of the Metro Tabernacle Church, a Protestant church in Kuala Lumpur on Friday.

The ground floor office of the three-storey church was destroyed in a blaze a little after midnight, said Kevin Ang, a church spokesman.
Most of Malaysia's population is Muslim

Kuala Lumpur police Chief Mohamad Sabtu Osman said police had found a wrench, an empty petrol tin and two scorched motorbikes at the scene.

Separately, Molotov cocktails were thrown into the compounds of two other churches before dawn, causing minor damage in one and none in the other, church officials said.

Prime Minister Najib Razak condemned the attacks, saying such actions would "destroy our country's harmony".

"The government will take whatever steps it can to prevent such acts," he said.

There was tight security at all churches in Malaysia and at several mosques where protests against the court's ruling took place, says the BBC's Jennifer Pak in Kuala Lumpur.

Mass nationwide demonstrations failed to materialise on Friday, but protesters at mosques in Kuala Lumpur carried placards reading "Allah is only for us" and "Heresy arises from words wrongly used".

"I hope the court will understand the feeling of the majority Muslims of Malaysia," said Ahmad Johari, at the National Mosque.

"We can fight to the death over this issue," he told Associated Press news agency.

The government has appealed against the court verdict and the High Court has suspended the decision's implementation until the appeal is heard.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8447450.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
How utterly ridiculous and appalling. My prayers are with the Christians in Malaysia suffering from such unjust persecution.

Samiun
01-09-2010, 03:45 AM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters.

On last Thursday something bad has happened to the Churches in Malaysia.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...allah-dispute/

I am really angry towards the people who have done that to the Church. That doesn't show peace but rather that shows that Muslims are indeed rebellious and dangerous but the truth is we're not that type of religion.Haven't they still learn on the 9/11 case? Sorry to bring that up but this people have really cross the line.

Are you guys assuming that extremists have done this? I think so too

Blackpool
01-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Why aren't there any responses to this? This is awful! Is it only that that muslims matter?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Edited post, this thread has been merged.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Brothers and Sisters.

On last Thursday something bad has happened to the Churches in Malaysia.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...allah-dispute/

I am really angry towards the people who have done that to the Church. That doesn't show peace but rather that shows that Muslims are indeed rebellious and dangerous but the truth is we're not that type of religion.Haven't they still learn on the 9/11 case? Sorry to bring that up but this people have really cross the line.

Are you guys assuming that extremists have done this? I think so too
Aslamu.alaaykum..
i think its people who lack knowledge of Islaam...and do what theyre brainwashed to do "kill all the jewss and christians" this is what they do, they take the verses there wayss..and do what they think is okay..
THinking they will enter Jannah by calling the Christians and jews, like that.
They have indeed crossed the line..

And about 9/11 nobody has proven it was actually the muslims who caused that attack to happen!!!!.. its only the media who say that,, i say Allahu alam. why believe what the media says, they have already said enough about Muslims. isnt that still enough for you "NOT" to believe the media. SubhanAllaah people believe everything that is said on a big black box,, but questionn in Islaam soo much, like they need the proof, but the media hardly gives any proof but they believe.. People are getting brainwashedd its disgusting and pathethic, Insha`Allaah may Allaah guide such people.. Ameen

forgive me if i had said anyhing badimsad, just my view InshaAllaah.:statisfie
wa alaykum salaam

Uthman
01-09-2010, 02:44 PM

The_Prince
01-09-2010, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Why aren't there any responses to this? This is awful! Is it only that that muslims matter?
were is your outrage when your 'heroes' bomb Muslim Mosques? lol its amazing that a hypocrite like you dares to even open his mouth after all the Mosques your country has destroyed.

The_Prince
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
the government should allow the Malaysians to decide on this, if the majority of Malaysians do not want Christians using the name Allah, then thats their right and that should be passed into law. just like how the swiss banned minarets, they put it to a vote, and the result came out, the same should be done here.

Raaina
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
were is your outrage when your 'heroes' bomb Muslim Mosques? lol its amazing that a hypocrite like you dares to even open his mouth after all the Mosques your country has destroyed.
How many muslim mosques get bombed in the uk? or by people in the uk? ^o)

Supreme
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
the government should allow the Malaysians to decide on this, if the majority of Malaysians do not want Christians using the name Allah, then thats their right and that should be passed into law. just like how the swiss banned minarets, they put it to a vote, and the result came out, the same should be done here.
I agree. It's probably just a minority of Muslims in Malaysia, and it's not like the Muslim population of Malaysia could overwhelm the non Muslim population easily, with only 60% being Muslim. Even so, it does highlight the stupidity of humanity. Humanity has a potential to be so smart, yet people, like these Malaysians, act so stupid.

Supreme
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Do you have any articles/statisitics of non Muslims bombing mosques? It'd be interesting to know.

PersiaBeFree
01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Aslamu.alaaykum..
i think its people who lack knowledge of Islaam...and do what theyre brainwashed to do "kill all the jewss and christians" this is what they do, they take the verses there wayss..and do what they think is okay..

And about 9/11 nobody has proven it was actually the muslims who caused that attack to happen!!!!.. its only the media who say that,, i say Allahu alam. why believe what the media says, they have already said enough about Muslims. isnt that still enough for you "NOT" to believe the media. SubhanAllaah people believe everything that is said on a big black box,, but questionn in Islaam soo much, like they need the proof, but the media hardly gives any proof but they believe.. People are getting brainwashedd its disgusting and pathethic, Insha`Allaah may Allaah guide such people.. Ameen

wa alaykum salaam
There sure are some strange people in the world. Violence to prohibit a word! May Allah give them what they diserve. As for 9/11, Bin Laden took credit for it on tape more than once.

Cabdullahi
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Settlers attack West Bank mosque and burn holy Muslim books

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6953281.ece

both ways its absolutely shocking the clear message is no place of worship should be destroyed and those who do will get their punishment

m102313
01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
How many muslim mosques get bombed in the uk? or by people in the uk? ^o)
That's just ridiculous you even ask that. The whole infrastructure has been destroyed in places like Iraq and Afghanistan killing thousands of Innocent muslims and destroying their places of worship. It does not only have to affect a mosque local to you for you to condemn such things.

Having said that, in no way am I saying that what has been done in Malaysia is right too. I fully condemn it. Maybe they're just a bunch of ignorant Muslims.

Supreme
01-09-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Settlers attack West Bank mosque and burn holy Muslim books

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6953281.ece

both ways its absolutely shocking the clear message is no place of worship should be destroyed and those who do will get their punishment
Thanks for that link, I'd heard about it. I too agree that any holy place should never be desecrated or destroyed, and that includes converted into a place of worship for another religion. Even my church, which was only built ten years ago and houses about 200 worshippers with modern, youth based worship is too sacred to be damaged.

glo
01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
What is the Malaysian word for God?
Is there a reason why Christians use the word Allah? Could they use an alternative word?

glo
01-09-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I too agree that any holy place should never be desecrated or destroyed, and that includes converted into a place of worship for another religion.
Amen to that, Supreme.

Hopefully we can all agree to that statement and strongly speak against such actions - regardless of the religion they are carried out against!

thetruth2009
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Assalam aleykoum,

Allah SWT is the translation of GOD, is it hard to understand that ?

Jews, christian or any body in this world can say Allah SWT, what is the matter.

Do you mean Muslims have their god, what I understand there is only one god call him with the best name, only one.

Peace be upon to you all, god, Allah SWT bless you .

glo
01-10-2010, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009
Assalam aleykoum,

Allah SWT is the translation of GOD, is it hard to understand that ?

Jews, christian or any body in this world can say Allah SWT, what is the matter.
That's what I thought.

My question is, if the word for God is indeed Allah, then what alternative word for God are Malaysian non-Muslims supposed to use?

Do you mean Muslims have their god, what I understand there is only one god call him with the best name, only one.
Well said.
Obviously many people in Malaysia disagree. I would love to understand their reasoning behind this.

Peace be upon to you all, god, Allah SWT bless you .
Amen to that. :)

Muezzin
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I hate it when religious people behave idiotically, especially when those religious people are Muslim.

As was suggested earlier in the thread, if this issue is so sensitive, it would be best to put it to a vote, not attack other people's places of worship.

Samiun
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Woah, where is that brother from Penang when I needed him. It seems that another terror has attack the churches in Malaysia as both east and west churches are attacked today. The west being sprinkled by some paint(black) and in the east(I forgot, I don't watch the news seriously).

Anyways, I will inform you guys when I get the right detail about this. I didn't quite catch what was going on the news just now so I'll give my reports tomorrow. Good night

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersiaBeFree
There sure are some strange people in the world. Violence to prohibit a word! May Allah give them what they diserve. As for 9/11, Bin Laden took credit for it on tape more than once.

Ameen to the dua.
Do you have a link to Bin aden admitting he caused the 9/11 attacks Insha`Allaah? or any other proof?..
:)

Chuck
01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Aslamu.alaaykum..

wa alaykum salaam
I think there is growth of clash culture among muslims. For example, an year or 2 ago launch (boat) was bring Egyptians from Saudia, but the launch was old and not well maintained, it drowned on the way. It was Egyptian launch. What people did, they burned and trashed the port in Egypt.

But I think there is a lack of leadership that is promoting this trend. For example, in a village I was there it had tribes. And people of tribes were arguing and fighting each other. One of the tribes elder leader was out of the village. He basically moved out of the village and he was respected person. So when people heard he is coming they started to argue that he will fight too. But when he came there, his approach was calm in handling the issues. Then most people released that they were wrong when they were fighting. Good leadership helps.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
I think there is growth of clash culture among muslims. For example, an year or 2 ago launch (boat) was bring Egyptians from Saudia, but the launch was old and not well maintained, it drowned on the way. It was Egyptian launch. What people did, they burned and trashed the port in Egypt.

But I think there is a lack of leadership that is promoting this trend. For example, in a village I was there it had tribes. And people of tribes were arguing and fighting each other. One of the tribes elder leader was out of the village. He basically moved out of the village and he was respected person. So when people heard he is coming they started to argue that he will fight too. But when he came there, his approach was calm in handling the issues. Then most people released that they were wrong when they were fighting. Good leadership helps.
Yes Alhamdulilah indeed Good Leadeership does help, today we dont have many of those i guess. Bush 4 example..i dont know how these types of people are put in that status.

Chuck
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes Alhamdulilah indeed Good Leadeership does help, today we dont have many of those i guess. Bush 4 example..i dont know how these types of people are put in that status.
Well that is there too, but I was talking about leadership among muslims.

malayloveislam
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
It's not really serious here.... I believe that political dirty hands too being involved but we can't accuse anybody since we have no proves and it's only a suspicion... those people who demonstrates on teh road are just culprits. I'll bring you the updates, insha'Allah....

malayloveislam
01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
The problem happened here since 2008 about the usage of Allah in referring the Christian God. It was used in Herald Catholic Bulletin which they said only being circulated in the church and not to the Muslim.

Many 'Ulamas in Malaysia are using the Fiqhi Waqe' method in solving the method since the Malay community are not open to any other religion although they had been living with non-Muslims of different ethnicity for ages. They are just like the Italians who traditionally living with Catholicism surrounding although they're not really religious.

Those people who vandalized the churches and christian schools are just a bunch of culprits. police didn't track them down yet and actually most Muslims are very angry when they heard about churches being set on fire. First church being set ablazed however is not Catholic church, but a Protestant church... weird... many of us are demanding those culprits being caught and charged for causing problems in the public :raging:

malayloveislam
01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Among the reasons, those people especially malay muslim community feared is that it is based from their suspicion to the mission because during colonialism, the Dutch and Portuguese had tried to Christianize them while they had already being Muslims.

They were traditionally converted from Hindu-Buddhism to Islamic religion around the 10th C in the Northern part while the Southern part in 14th C and their kings whom previously served as their gods later became the patrons of Islam in each state except those directly administrated under British like Northern Borneo (Sabah n Serawak), Malacca and Pulau Pinang (Penang) because they were actually separate entity from the Malayan Peninsula when British hold the administration.

Their history of conversion themselves varied and different from each other and actually quite complex.

malayloveislam
01-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Malaysian church fire-bombed ahead of Muslim protests

By M. Jegathesan (AFP) – 3 hours ago

KUALA LUMPUR β€” A church in Malaysia has been fire-bombed in an attack that gutted its ground floor, church officials said Friday, escalating a dispute over the use of the word "Allah" by non-Muslims.

A fire department official said all stations were on alert for more blazes at religious buildings, ahead of planned nationwide protests Friday by Muslim groups angry over the use of the word as a translation for the Christian "God."

The three-storey Metro Tabernacle church in sub-urban Kuala Lumpur was set ablaze in the attack which took place around midnight, said church leader Peter Yeow, 62.

"Witnesses saw four people smash the glass and throw incendiaries into the church building. They came on two motorcycles," he told AFP at the scene as fire department forensic officers picked through the wreckage.

There were no casualties in the attack on the church, which occupies the corner lot of a row of shop houses and which Yeow said draws some 1,500 people weekly.

"The fire destroyed the administrative part of the church. We do not know if the prayer hall on the third floor suffered any damage," he said, warning all other churches to "double their guard" against any attacks.

Anuar Harun, who headed the fire department operation, said that forensic experts were working with the police and a canine unit to probe the blaze.

"We are investigating the cause of fire. We cannot provide any more details. It is a sensitive issue," he said when asked if it was a case of arson.

"We have asked all our fire stations to be on alert for such fires on religious premises," he said.

The High Court last week ruled in favour of the Catholic "Herald" newspaper which has used "Allah" as a translation for "God" in its Malay-language section. The government has said the word should be used only by Muslims.

The ruling was suspended on Wednesday pending an appeal, after the government argued the decision could cause racial conflict in multicultural Malaysia, where Muslim Malays make up 60 percent of the population.

The security guard at the Metro Tabernacle church, 65-year-old V. Mariappan, said he had just walked away from the main entrance of the building to use the bathroom when the building erupted in flames.

"When I came back, there was a huge fire inside the church building. There was a few loud explosions like bombs exploding," he said, adding he saw two motorcycle helmets lying on the road in flames.

Religion and language are sensitive issues in multiracial Malaysia, which experienced deadly race riots in 1969.

malayloveislam
01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
we just suspect that some people are doing that to stir racial problem in the country and they might have hidden agendas which only they know... few years ago, there were problems like this too like Hindu temple demolition issue and the pig head in the university's musalla for examples...

syilla
01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
I always believe there are someone out there...not muslims not non-muslims not pas or not umno...just someone who likes to like to disunite the people.

Italianguy
01-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Ugggggg:heated: This is really bad. I don't condone the destruction of any holy place, wether it be a Mosque, a temple or a church. Nobody should think that this is the veiw and practice of all Muslims...or Christians.

question:

The big deal here was the fact that Christians were calling God Allah. Why is that so bad? Arab Christians have been saying that forever. I personally know many Christians who say Allah. So am I not supposed to call God, Allah? If not than how do Muslims claim that Christians worship the same God? If it's ok than...nevermind, all is well.

God be with those who are done injustice.Ameen

Italianguy
01-11-2010, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I always believe there are someone out there...not muslims not non-muslims not pas or not umno...just someone who likes to like to disunite the people.
Yup.....unbelievers and those who just downright hate the fact that we worship God at all.imsad

Italianguy
01-11-2010, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
we just suspect that some people are doing that to stir racial problem in the country and they might have hidden agendas which only they know... few years ago, there were problems like this too like Hindu temple demolition issue and the pig head in the university's musalla for examples...

Pig heads? ewwwwwwwwww+o( Pork is baddddddd!

Who has to clean that up+o(?

malayloveislam
01-11-2010, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Pig heads? ewwwwwwwwww+o( Pork is baddddddd!

Who has to clean that up+o(?
this happened few years ago... I guess, this is ignorance, but pigs weren't those who should be blamed... it's just an animal and a creation of G-d. I guess they had managed to cleaned the musalla up without disrespecting the pig's head. actually this is a mystery, nobody knows who had put those pig heads in the musalla, the same things happened in churches blasting. hope they could be tracked down and charged as soon as possible...

Italianguy
01-11-2010, 05:47 AM
this happened few years ago... I guess, this is ignorance, but pigs weren't those who should be blamed... it's just an animal and a creation of G-d. I guess they had managed to cleaned the musalla up without disrespecting the pig's head. actually this is a mystery, nobody knows who had put those pig heads in the musalla, the same things happened in churches blasting. hope they could be tracked down and charged as soon as possible...
AMEN to that!:D

Samiun
01-11-2010, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Ugggggg:heated: This is really bad. I don't condone the destruction of any holy place, wether it be a Mosque, a temple or a church. Nobody should think that this is the veiw and practice of all Muslims...or Christians.

question:

The big deal here was the fact that Christians were calling God Allah. Why is that so bad? Arab Christians have been saying that forever. I personally know many Christians who say Allah. So am I not supposed to call God, Allah? If not than how do Muslims claim that Christians worship the same God? If it's ok than...nevermind, all is well.

God be with those who are done injustice.Ameen
Well it's okay to use Allah in language terms but you can't use it on the articles. As for now, I have just received news that they are afraid that they will misuse the word "Allah" in their articles. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the people who wrote these articles are writing about christian knowledge and they may be using the word "Allah" in one of their articles. If they misuse them, it will only makes the Muslims even angrier than ever.

If you need more answers just ask me and brother 'malayloveislam', finally a Malaysian!!

Link to christian articles http://www.heraldmalaysia.com/

Supreme
01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Yep, there will always be bad eggs. People who are dissatisfied until they've spread their hatred of a group of people to others.

north_malaysian
01-12-2010, 07:56 AM
currently there are 8 churches and 1 musalla (chapel mosque?) being attacked in 5 states. I dont think it's the work of Muslims or Christians... but by people who dont want to see stability in Malaysia...

north_malaysian
01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
you should mention about the flag and what's written on it...

north_malaysian
01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
i've heard rumours that these acts are done to discredit the Prime Minister... but it's not done by the opposition...

that's why many people are confused... it's not done by UMNO or PAS or PKR... who did it?

north_malaysian
01-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Those people who vandalized the churches and christian schools are just a bunch of culprits. police didn't track them down yet and actually most Muslims are very angry when they heard about churches being set on fire. First church being set ablazed however is not Catholic church, but a Protestant church... weird... many of us are demanding those culprits being caught and charged for causing problems in the public :raging:
Malaysian Muslims from both sides, those opposing and supporting "Allah" to be used by the Catholics are really upset with the incidents... it's not part of our culture to fire-bomb any kind of religious buildings.

But there were some interesting things need to be highlighted here:

1) Non-Muslims refused to say those attacks were done by Muslims in order to chill down everyone ... it's done via facebook and twitter... in fact they said that the culprits are irreligious people who want to create problems between 60% Muslims and 10% Christians.

2) Muslims helped in cleaning the churches.

3) Malaysian Muslim Consumer Association suggested that Muslims should guard all churches in Malaysia as there are not enough police.

north_malaysian
01-12-2010, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What is the Malaysian word for God?
Is there a reason why Christians use the word Allah? Could they use an alternative word?
Malaysia can be divided into two regions:

1) Peninsula Malaysia (West Malaysia)
2) Borneo Malaysia (East Malaysia)

In west Malaysia, Allah is only used by Muslims and the non-Muslims used the word "Tuhan" for God.

In East Malaysia, the natives have been using "Allah" since the 18th century regardless whether they are Muslims or Christians.

"The Herald" is a newsletter published by Catholic Church in Malaysia for 800,000 faithfuls nationwide... 60% of Catholics are natives of East Malaysia (formerly Pagans) who dont understand English but can understand Malay language. As they refer to God as "Allah" that's why "The Herald" want to put Allah for its Malay language articles.

In Malaysia, four words are forbidden to be used by non-Islamic publications :- Allah, Baitullah, Kaabah and I forgot another one.

Samiun
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I feel very sad you know, one of my class-mates which is a Muslim overheard something from a non-muslim saying that some 'Muslims' has bombed the church?People don't have eyes these days it just makes me sad

malayloveislam
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
I feel very sad you know, one of my class-mates which is a Muslim overheard something from a non-muslim saying that some 'Muslims' has bombed the church? People don't have eyes these days it just makes me sad
Is it already declared by the authority in their PC and confirmed that muslims were those who bombed or throwing molotov cokctails to the churches ^o)?

We should refrain from making assumptions before those culprits being seized by the authority. It is easy if we just draw a conclusion with our mouth and spreading hate but what happened if we're wrong?

well, there always bad apples in a basket, and if a person calling themslevs a Muslim, that doesn't mean that he or she is a practising Muslim and a believer. the same things happened to anyone.

north_malaysian
01-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Wednesday January 13, 2010

Cops warn student over hoax

By M. KUMAR

PETALING JAYA: A college student learnt a painful lesson for a hoax concerning national security when police hauled him up for interrogation.

Police detained the youth who made a claim on the popular social networking website Facebook that he witnessed the making of explosives used in one of the church arson attacks.

The 19-year-old student claimed he was around with some other people when the explosives were being made, but was not involved in the attacks.

He was picked up by police at his residence at Sunway Men tari Court around 7.30pm on Monday.

After a few hours of interrogation, the youth confessed that the claim was a hoax, said Selangor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar.

β€œThe youth was released after he was sternly warned over his actions,” he said, adding that police would be monitoring all blogs and social networking websites.

He added that police took such claims seriously and would take action against anyone trying to create racial tension.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...572&sec=nation

north_malaysian
01-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Stones thrown at Sikh temple in Sentul

Jan 12, 10 12:12am

The attacks on places of worships in Malaysia escalated with yet another attack - this time against a Sikh temple in Sentul where stones were thrown damaging a glass door.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/121808

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.