/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
:sl:

My friend told me a story about his Aunty's friend who is a Muslim. It happened a few weeks. Well, it was her friends funeral. When she had gone to the Muslim funeral and they started to bury the body, her friends husband mobile had dropped into the coffin accidently. When they had the shut the door on the coffin, the husband then decided to take the phone out because he told the Imam that it may 'disturb' her as the phone may start to call and what not. So, the funeral directors thought okay. Then when they had opened the coffin to get the phone out, they noticed that his Aunty's friend had her tounge tied round her neck and nailed into her. Everyone was shocked.

What does this mean? My friend told me that it maybe the punishment of the grave? But I wanted to make sure.

Jazak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-08-2010, 04:52 PM

It is entirely possible, but Allah knows best what it means, and if it is punishment of the grave.

I have also heard of the case of an 18 year old boy who died suddenly from a short illness. He was buried quickly, but then there was some problem so three hours after burial they had to exhume his body. The state of the body was shocking (I cannot describe it here), and his father took pictures to show people so that people may learn a lesson (his son did not pray, despite being repeatedly advised and told to). And that was just in three hours.

However if we hear of such things we should seek refuge in Allah and seek Allah's forgiveness, and use it as a means of assessing our lives so far, and seeing what we can do to avoid anything similar happening to us, inshaAllah.

Allah knows best, and anything I have said wrong is entirely from me.

Edit: I must add that it is Allah that judges the dead, and it is not for us to judge them on the basis of what we see or hear.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-08-2010, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
lol dont believe that story. Your friend is playing games with you.
Who would dare joke about something like that? :omg:
Especially when someone has died? You would have to be a real nutcase to say that as a joke :hmm:

cat eyes
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
my grand mother may Allah forgive her and grant her jannah use to wash the dead bodies and she saw many things. i don't want to get to deep in to it now because i think its unfair to talk about the dead but i would not be surprised. pretty scary

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM

A link on some of the different types of punishments of the grave:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/8829/...%20the%20grave

May Allah save us. Ameen.

Donia
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
A link on some of the different types of punishments of the grave:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/8829/...%20the%20grave

May Allah save us. Ameen.
Ameen.
SubhanAllah.. I did not even read it all and it was disturbing.

my grand mother may Allah forgive her and grant her jannah use to wash the dead bodies and she saw many things. i don't want to get to deep in to it now because i think its unfair to talk about the dead but i would not be surprised. pretty scary
I can only imagine..

I don't know why this topic is interesting to me...
It also scares me.

:hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
punishments of the grave is a reality

i wouldnt be surprised if i opened up a grave and found disgustingly freaky stuff..

جوري
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM

I don't believe the story.. as for who makes up stories about dead people, well folks do it all the time and I think it is just wrong to do so on multiple levels, amongst other things you are casting doubt on other Muslims ones who are deceased nonetheless, you are violating the dignity of the dead and most importantly dead bodies have no sensation, punishment in the grave befalls the soul (and Allah swt knows best) the body is but a carcass, else perhaps someone can explain to me how punishment befalls the cremated bodies? I have no doubt of punishment in the grave, I just think it is way beyond the realm of our conception!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Alpha Dude
01-08-2010, 08:03 PM
:sl: I don't think it's real either. Sounds like something a kid would say to entertain his mates.

How old is your friend?

Insaanah
01-08-2010, 08:12 PM

You have a good point about violating the dignity of the dead. May Allah forgive me.

This link provides information on both the soul and the body undergoing punishent of the grave - its point no 4:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10547...t%20of%20grave

This link has very brief info on those burnt or drowned, second paragraph from the end:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9381/grave%20%20cremated

Allah knows best, and may He forgive me my errors. Ameen.

Insaanah
01-08-2010, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl: I don't think it's real either. Sounds like something a kid would say to entertain his mates.
How old is your friend?

Punishment of the grave is a reality, and should Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala wish to give us a glimpse, that is not beyond His Almighty power. Allah knows best.

Muezzin
01-08-2010, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

My friend told me a story about his Aunty's friend who is a Muslim. It happened a few weeks. Well, it was her friends funeral. When she had gone to the Muslim funeral and they started to bury the body, her friends husband mobile had dropped into the coffin accidently.
Rubbish.

I've been to (more than) my fair share of Muslim funerals. When the coffin is in the process of being buried, it is nailed shut.

Don't believe everything you hear from a friend of a friend of an aunty's friend's husband's second roommate.

cat eyes
01-08-2010, 08:43 PM
then i don't know how anybody can lie about something so serious, i believe they would want to have some type of sickness in there heart. of course the punishment happens to the soul but that dosen mean to say Allah is not going to show his signs just because we already have everything written down for us whats going to happen being warned through hadith and Qur'an and so many imaams is not always going to open up somebodies eyes to this painful reality. i mean thats why we attend funerals in the first place so we will feel some fear in our hearts

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry if it upset some people. I was shocked myself, I just wanted to make sure if this was correct. Thank you all for correcting the statement.

Muezzin
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I apologise if my post upset anyone. It was quite... snappy. Sorry.

The part about the phone falling into the coffin is nonsense. The punishment of the grave exists, but we do not need fictional stories which are passed off as fact, like the one told to the first poster, to scare us into believing it.

Donia
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
The punishment of the grave exists, but we do not need fictional stories which are passed off as fact, like the one told to the first poster, to scare us into believing it.
I agree with you there, brother.

I am seeing that fear is being used as a tactic more and more... and I don't particularly like that.

I don't believe the story.. as for who makes up stories about dead people, well folks do it all the time and I think it is just wrong to do so on multiple levels, amongst other things you are casting doubt on other Muslims ones who are deceased nonetheless, you are violating the dignity of the dead and most importantly dead bodies have no sensation, punishment in the grave befalls the soul (and Allah swt knows best) the body is but a carcass, else perhaps someone can explain to me how punishment befalls the cremated bodies? I have no doubt of punishment in the grave, I just think it is way beyond the realm of our conception!

and Allah swt knows best
Wa alaikum asalaam rahmatullah.

JazakAllahu khayrun, sis! Thank you so much for this post. I found this thread a little disturbing, although I know punishment in the grave is real... It really freaked me out to think it could manifest itself on a dead body physically...

Alpha Dude
01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Punishment of the grave is a reality, and should Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala wish to give us a glimpse, that is not beyond His Almighty power. Allah knows best.

:wa:
Of course it's a reality, no sane muslim can dispute that, but it doesn't mean we take every little story told to be true. Like I said, it sounds very much like something a kid would make-up to impress his friends or something. Allahu Alam.

zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM

I also believe its a lie because i have heard a similiar story ( somebodies ring fell and
they again dug to see what was in it ). I guess it is made up.If not may Allah forgive me.

Ok this thread is officially scary.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!