/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Unused Clothes Thrown Away..

Donia
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Did anyone else see this?
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...-goods-562909/

:hmm:

With all the people in need, I just wonder what people must be thinking when they do stuff like this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
01-09-2010, 03:58 AM
No I didn't see that.
I find it sad though, that they're just throwing away clothes like that when obviously people out there need it . Tsk..

Donia
01-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I actually found it sad too.

Not only that the clothes were thrown away, but that they were *damaged* so noone could find them and sell them or use them.

To make the effort to damage them and not just give them to charity is just.. not using common sense in my humble opinion.

Vito
01-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Wow that is ****** up on so many levels. I'm gonna see if the local wal-mart does that. I don't care, I'll teach myself how to sew and give all that stuff to the masjid. I'm surprised it hasn't been on the news.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-11-2010, 02:21 AM
:sl:

There are so many used clothes donated to charities that Islamic Relief practically begged people to not donate clothes but rather money with which food and medical supplies can be bought.

As for the Wal-mart, they simply can't stand the thought of someone benefiting from freebies. I can see their worry. If people find and resell those items online, or from the 'back of a van' so to speak then fewer people would buy from wal-mart. The business isn't really hurting anyone. It's actually their own loss for not having sold those things in the first place.

Vito
01-11-2010, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

There are so many used clothes donated to charities that Islamic Relief practically begged people to not donate clothes but rather money with which food and medical supplies can be bought.

As for the Wal-mart, they simply can't stand the thought of someone benefiting from freebies. I can see their worry. If people find and resell those items online, or from the 'back of a van' so to speak then fewer people would buy from wal-mart. The business isn't really hurting anyone. It's actually their own loss for not having sold those things in the first place.
They wouldn't know what a loss feels like even if it hit them in the face. They make too much money. Wal-mart is still expanding so its only going to get better for them.

Snowflake
01-11-2010, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
They wouldn't know what a loss feels like even if it hit them in the face. They make too much money. Wal-mart is still expanding so its only going to get better for them.
:sl: Maybe. Allahu alam. I'm not saying they are right. They should sell them at a low price and donate the money to charity. Sadly not everyone can see past their own nose.

Donia
01-11-2010, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

:wa:

Sis, I can see your point. From a business *perspective*, I guess Wal-mart would not want anyone to profit off clothes that they could not sell themselves.
The only thing that I disagree with is that they should have just donated these clothes to charities. If one is overwhelmed by clothes and cannot accept anymore at the moment, there are others. There are so many people who are just poor and struggling right now. It would have been nice to have something new for free. So many people are probably used to buying used or getting donations that are used and barely hanging on. Would have been nice and a blessing to get something brand new. Just don't understand making the effort to destroy the clothes instead of using that energy to do something positive.
Allahu alam.

Thanks for another perspective. :) It's always good to look at things in different ways.

Cabdullahi
01-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Why dont they give them to me :(

Life_Is_Short
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't understand why people do that? It's like they don't know what poverty is.

mohammed_alim
01-12-2010, 12:51 AM
i work for a very big online retailer they have a huge warehouse near me am not gnna say who but they are very well known. they destory everything that is damged, say like its just the packaging that is damaged they will throw it away. the actual product wont be damaged for them to throw it away it can be just the packaging. mad!

-Elle-
01-12-2010, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I don't understand why people do that? It's like they don't know what poverty is.
No, I suppose multi-million dollar companies don't know what poverty is; or pretend like it doesn't exist.

For some reason this doesn't surprise me, we've already studied Walt-Mart's corporation back in high school, they've done worse things, so that's probably why I'm not in shock.

Nothing more to add...all has been said, it's immoral and flat out wrong, and until they know what it feels like to walk outside on a rainy day with wet socks and shoes because you can't afford a new pair, and the one you have is quite damaged; well, they won't change.

Allahu 3alam though.

Thanks for sharing :) , interesting article

:wa:

S_87
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
oh this is very sad, if they are trashin them they should atleast not slash them so people finding them can have some use? after all they are trashing it, not like they WANT it anyway

Raaina
01-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I saw that in the paper. It said there were winter coats slashed across the back and arms and gloves with the fingers cut off and there have been an influx of homeless people in New York because of the recession and this winter has been extremely cold.

Some people are just heartless, really.

Donia
01-13-2010, 04:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Why dont they give them to me :(
Ummm.. lol.
Good question.

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 04:49 AM
These giant companies think they can do whatever they want and no one will hold them accountable. These clothes could have easily been given to an non-profit organization. This makes me angry. I think we need to step up and not buy goods from these corporations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!