/* */

PDA

View Full Version : weird thing happen to me please help

Alphadude
01-09-2010, 04:45 AM
:sl:

today at 8 am i have received a phone call and i was a sleep from police officer and he said that something happend that i was renting an apprtment in birmingham and i took 1200 pounds from them blah blah blah i was half a sleep couldnt understand a word and he knew my full name weird no one knows my full name but he knew then he said that your the owner of the apprtment i said to him that no i dont own any appartments and i dont know what your talking about he said can u come to birmingham and say all this on a tape i said i cant come there and i told him maybe some 1 is playing a prank on me and then i switched off the phone.

i dont understand why this is happening with me i mean all the weird things how did the officer new my full name and got my mobile number? and was that a bad or good thing i switched off the mobile phone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-09-2010, 05:00 AM
walaikum assalam,
this is weird. Never talk to the cops. Always get a lawyer.

Alphadude
01-09-2010, 05:00 AM
forgot to ad the number i recieved a call from this is the number that i recieved a call from 01212657000

and i have searched google this is what i get
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=012...ient=firefox-a

Afg
01-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Lucky you googled it! I don't think you should give them any details. Maybe if it gets too much you could go the station and ask about this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alphadude
01-09-2010, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
Lucky you googled it! I don't think you should give them any details. Maybe if it gets too much you could go the station and ask about this?
ya i know but the weird thing is he knew my full name and no one knows my full name and he knew alot about me and one thing he did not sound like an officer when a police officer call first they tell u there name but he did not and first he told me my full name :hmm:

Afg
01-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Probably a prank, but people can easily know others full names. Information on that can be found easily, like if you work then they know more about you. But maybe you should just leave it for now. But do be careful. Make sure no one can harm you. God be with you.

tw009
01-09-2010, 07:17 AM
That is a bit creepy. If they really have an issue with you they would contact you again.

Rafeeq
01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
If they really have some business with you, they must contact you through your local police department.

Forget them and enjoy.

Italianguy
01-09-2010, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84

today at 8 am i have received a phone call and i was a sleep from police officer and he said that something happend that i was renting an apprtment in birmingham and i took 1200 pounds from them blah blah blah i was half a sleep couldnt understand a word and he knew my full name weird no one knows my full name but he knew then he said that your the owner of the apprtment i said to him that no i dont own any appartments and i dont know what your talking about he said can u come to birmingham and say all this on a tape i said i cant come there and i told him maybe some 1 is playing a prank on me and then i switched off the phone.

i dont understand why this is happening with me i mean all the weird things how did the officer new my full name and got my mobile number? and was that a bad or good thing i switched off the mobile phone?
Make sure to call the police department in Birmingham! They will know what you are talking about. It's probably some kind of set-up or scam, be careful brother.

Dagless
01-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a scam. Tell them if its important they can write to you (but do not give them your address because they should know it!) or take their name and you will call the police station they are at (get the number from directory enquiries, not from them).
Whatever you do don't get into a long conversation with them or give them any further details.

OurIslamic
01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Make sure to call the police department in Birmingham! They will know what you are talking about. It's probably some kind of set-up or scam, be careful brother.
^Do THIS^

Call the police department and report what happened. They'll be able to further assist you and stop whoever is calling you.

zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes i guess its a scan.do call the police department and inform them of this. Names can be easily dug up from the web or some post.

Snowflake
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM
:sl: It sounds like a prank call. Your friends can set it up and be listening in when the prank company call you. The number you gave above doesn't exist. So it's a fake.

Alphadude
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
hmmm and i forgot to mention at the end he asked me how do look like and he was asking me to describe myself to him then i cut the phone

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Aslamu alaaykum

Wow...thats sounds weird...
Lol i only pick the phone up 2 people i have on my list, and if some 1 rings me thats isnt on my list, i pick and wait for them to speak lol, if they do and i know them ill speak, but if i dont ill hang up lool..but usually i never pick up..its funny.
if they know your name, theyre either some 1 who surely knows u, or probably hacked u, when u hack some 1, i dont think its hard to get the details, like the name and number etc..

Your situation sounds to me like a Prank call, people are clever today, they use all sorts of technology like hacking stuff and stuff and whatever lool.. if that happens again, dont pick up, and if they bombard u with texts just delete em, its simple and easy, then you have no problem at all Insha`Allaah : )
wa alaaykum salaam

cat eyes
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
thats the oldest prank in the book;D please don't tell me you believed it

Raaina
01-09-2010, 05:49 PM
It was clearly a whind up. Did he give you his name? next time he calls, ask him how you are meant to go and see him at the station without his name? If you question them and catch them off guard, chances are they'll just hang up on you.

Like others have said, its very easy to find someones name. If you are on the internet, your details will also be on there.

Just block the number on your phone and forget about it :)

Cabdullahi
01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84

Brother you should've just paid your rent :hmm:

aadil77
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM
lol probably a prank or scam, other people have had the same prob

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01212657000

ring the number and find out

Alphadude
01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
thats the oldest prank in the book;D please don't tell me you believed it
if it was a prank call then how they knew my name and some prank calls are recorded and played automaticaly so they talk and u think its real but this was so weird i can tell between a prank call

Alphadude
01-10-2010, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
Was the persons name Georgina J.?
no it was a man not a women and he did not say his name just said he is a police officer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.