PDA

View Full Version : Apps for iTouch



Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
:sl:

So I just got myself an iTouch and want to get some cool apps, but I don't really know any. :hmm:

Looking for suggestions! Which ones do you have? Which ones would you recommend (can be Islamic or otherwise)?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I'd like some too so I am subscribing to your thread in case folks come up with some brilliant ones..

:w:
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
what do you guys mean by iTouch? You mean iPod Touch?
Reply

جوري
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
yes as opposed to the iphone.. I don't have At&T service to have purchased the iphone so I settled for the itouch...


:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Sawdah
01-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Let's see, there's:
Hadith Of the Day App
iQuran App
iPray App
Islamic Calendar App
iZakat App

Uh... It you go the free section of the App store there's some games you can find. (btw, all the apps mentioned above are free also, to find them just search on the search bar of the App Store. )
Hope it helps. :)
:sl:

Edit: There's more islamic apps you can find, I just can't think of some right now. :l Try searching on the search bar keywords like 'islam' or 'islamic'.
:sl:
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
yes as opposed to the iphone.. I don't have At&T service to have purchased the iphone so I settled for the itouch...


:w:
I support that decision. iPhone sucks anyways. ;D
Reply

Supreme
01-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I'd like some too so I am subscribing to your thread in case folks come up with some brilliant ones..

:w:
I second this. I would particularly like anyone with the app 'Mobile Holy Quran' to tell me whether or not the app needs internet connection to function. I'd rather not spend £3 on an app to discover I can only use it at home! It's an appealing app because of its recitation option.
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
Let's see, there's:
Hadith Of the Day App
iQuran App
iPray App
Islamic Calendar App
iZakat App

Uh... It you go the free section of the App store there's some games you can find. (btw, all the apps mentioned above are free also, to find them just search on the search bar of the App Store. )
Hope it helps. :)
:sl:

Edit: There's more islamic apps you can find, I just can't think of some right now. :l Try searching on the search bar keywords like 'islam' or 'islamic'.
:sl:
:sl:

Awesome, I just got the iPray app. Jazakallahu Khayran, it's pretty useful. I checked out the iQuran app and didn't really like it, instead I dished out $2 on an app called: 'Quran Reader' which is basically the entire 'Uthmani Mushaf on the screen exactly as the hard copy of the mushaf. Very useful for revision on the go. :D

Btw, what is a 'push notification' ? :hmm:
Reply

Beardo
01-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by Muraad
:sl:

Awesome, I just got the iPray app. Jazakallahu Khayran, it's pretty useful. I checked out the iQuran app and didn't really like it, instead I dished out $2 on an app called: 'Quran Reader' which is basically the entire 'Uthmani Mushaf on the screen exactly as the hard copy of the mushaf. Very useful for revision on the go. :D

Btw, what is a 'push notification' ? :hmm:
Welcome to the club of iTouch addiction. I'm on it 24/7. Highly addicting.

Push notifications are when you get like... an e-mail or you get a text message, a message will pop up. Just consider push notifications as "pop ups".

I chat on my ipod all the time. It's so addicting. I go on IslamicBoard too. If you asked me, I'd've advised you NOT to get it lol. But masha'Allah, you seem to be using it for a good cause so Allah Ta'ala will give you barakah Insha'Allah.
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-10-2010, 05:41 AM
^ Yeah I'm loving it so far Alhamdullilah. Can you name some good apps (or games)? Btw, do you know of a good app for Google Talk? I tried the going through Safari method but I'd rather have a dedicated app.
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by Muraad
^ Yeah I'm loving it so far Alhamdullilah. Can you name some good apps (or games)? Btw, do you know of a good app for Google Talk? I tried the going through Safari method but I'd rather have a dedicated app.
Fring for Google Talk.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:51 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 12:22 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!