/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Canterbury

ProfessorFalken
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Good evening to you all! I'm a non-muslim studying R.S. at Canterbury Christ Church university. Whilst I am not a muslim, I'm here to learn more about your faith, and to get beyond the prejudice which has unfortunately become engendered in our society towards Islam. Loosely, I'd term myself a Deist, in that I hope humanity will overcome the darkness of its history and eventually move towards the light of peace and freedom. For we most certainly live in dark times. Nice to meet you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the forum Professor Falken.

Your efforts to get beyond the prejudice that you see are to be commended. Please do ask any questions you may have. We are all here to help.

Peace.

glo
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum, ProfessorFalken.

I hope you have a good stay here. Enjoy the ride!
Any questions about Islam will certainly be answered here! :D

I love this statement of yours:
I hope humanity will overcome the darkness of its history and eventually move towards the light of peace and freedom.

aadil77
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
:welcome:

Enjoy your stay, you can learn alot from here like many other non-muslim members we have on this forum. Feel free to ask around about our faith

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Greetings ProfessorFalken,

Welcome to the forum! It's a pleasure to have you here.

I hope you will learn much about Islam here and see through many of the prejudices out there. You made an interesting statement about humanity being in darkness. God speaks about 'darkness' and 'light' in a number of places in the Qur'an:

...(This is) a Book which We have revealed unto you in order that you might lead mankind out of darkness (of disbelief and polytheism) into light (of belief in the Oneness of Allah and Islamic Monotheism) by their Lord's Leave to the Path of the All-Mighty, the Owner of all Praise. [14: 1]

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Peace.

Rabi'ya
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome to Li. i am sure your stay will be beneficial and that we can all learn from each other.

Misz_Muslimah
01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome and have a great stay :)

Ramadhan
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Welcome, prof.
Have a most beneficial and enjoyable stay. Please peruse our 1 million+ posts on breathtakingly diverse discussions to clear up your misconceptions about Islam.
And you may also contribute to some of our current discussions if you like :)

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
welcome 2 thy forum!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.