View Full Version : The Day I Died

جوري
01-10-2010, 03:02 AM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1125151/

comments?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 03:59 AM
I do not believe that NDEs are spiritual experiences, personally. To me, they represent the hallucinations created by failing neurons. Kaafirs and Muslims feeling the same experience in NDEs sort of goes against Islamic belief that when the soul of a kaafir is taken out it is with great pain and what not ... these NDEs go against that whole notion. I read an NDE of a christian gay and I could not imagine that ALlah (swt) would allow the angel of death to take his "soul" out with such calmness .... even though he is a gay ...

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 04:09 AM
"Throughout the programme there is considerable confusion about death, near death, and anaesthesia. Patients are often described as being “clinically dead” and then recovering. This is to misunderstand the definition of death. An important criterion in the certification of death is the irrecoverable cessation of brain function. This definition precludes anaesthesia as clinical death since the brain is fully oxygenated with a normal blood flow and recovery occurs without brain damage; indeed, this definition of death precludes anyone who subsequently recovers."

Is there any case in which the brain function was completely stopped and then it came back to life? I do not think so.

جوري
01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Near death and death aren't one in the same obviously.. but certainly there is no denying near death psychology with all that it entails..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.