/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What perfume do you like to use often?

Samiun
01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters, do you use perfume everyday?

I love to use them because every time I go into the Mosque I can smell various type of perfumes all over the place and this experience has lead me to get more and more perfumes.

I recently bought 4 perfumes which are, Misk Adam, Hajaratul Aswad, Diego and one really expensive perfume which is named in arabic. What makes the perfume expensive? I bought misk adam, hajaratul aswad and diego for RM75 each and they're all large bottles but the last one which is named in arabic gave me quite a headache. It costs RM200!! It was so expensive that I have to get a small bottle of that perfume.

Large Bottle
http://www.muslimbase.com/images/003...-mukhallat.jpg

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
01-10-2010, 02:22 PM
maybe this should be a brothers only thread

ZahrasBoutique
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Please visit Zahras Perfumes on http://perfume.zahras.com

You will find the largest offerings of Arabic Perfumes and Bakhoors at the absolute lowest and best prices.

This is offered to individual customes as well as Wholesalers, Resellers and Drop Shippers.

We provide the best names:

• Swiss Arabian
• Rasasi
• Asgharali
• Syed Junaid Alam
• Arabian Oud
• Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
• Ajmal
• YAS
• Al Haramain
• Rehaat Al Atoor
• Hamil Al Musk

Email us on info@zahras.com

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I love kasturi...the thick original perfume...i bought bottles of it. They say its a smell of heaven..not sure how strong is that isnad....lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZahrasBoutique
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Kasturi is actually Musk from the Gazelle or Deer.
It has a unique and very potent fragrance.

Some people like the animalistic scent of the Musk Gazelle, while others like it to be mixed and blended with sweeter scents such as Rose or Oudh.

Both of these Musks (Kasturi) are available from us - check the catalog son http://perfume.zahras.com

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
I love kasturi...the thick original perfume...i bought bottles of it. They say its a smell of heaven..not sure how strong is that isnad....lol

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
thanks Zahras..i also want to ask, tell me about the perfume, "white musk"..i really love it...

desert winds
01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I love perfumes but am very picky since some give me a head ache! I love cool water by davidoff and johanabi for women, i also love this arbic perfume of the classic range, and why should this topic be on brothers section? Rofl.

Asiyah3
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
maybe this should be a brothers only thread
:sl:

Why?

-----------

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_

Why?

-----------
coz women are not supposed to dive into the world of perfumes i suppose...see this fatwa...http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7850

ZahrasBoutique
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
White Musk has a small amount of Pure Musk and a blend of creams and florals to give a very soft velvety and soothing fragrance.

I recommend the White Musk by Abdul Samad Al Quashi and Al Nafayat. Both stunning.

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zahras
White Musk has a small amount of Pure Musk and a blend of creams and florals to give a very soft velvety and soothing fragrance.

I recommend the White Musk by Abdul Samad Al Quashi and Al Nafayat. Both stunning.
is it for men or women? dun tell me unisex!!!

ZahrasBoutique
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Most Arabic Perfumes are indeed Unisex ...

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Most Arabic Perfumes are indeed Unisex ...
Argh!! My worst fear has been realised!!! can't imagine wearing a perfume and a woman walks by wearing the same perfume!!! now i understand y women are banned from perfumes..=p *kidding*

ZahrasBoutique
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Bur remember, the scent and fragrance is affected by a persons body chemistry

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Bur remember, the scent and fragrance is affected by a persons body chemistry
hmm..wow...ok....=)

desert winds
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Women can wear perfume. I wear perfume and i love it. I have noticed about arab perfumes being unisex, i often fear that a guy maybe wearing mine!

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
Women can wear perfume. I wear perfume and i love it. I have noticed about arab perfumes being unisex, i often fear that a guy maybe wearing mine!
ya! exactly(was refering to ur second part)...

_PakistaN_
01-11-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't use perfume, most of them contain alcohol. I use Ither.

S_87
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_

Why?

-----------
the idea of brothers and sisters sharing perfumes they like/for a woman perfume is something to be worn only around mahrams/other women/husband sooooooooooooooo just weird:hiding:

@ _pakistan_ perfume is the english word for itr

Samiun
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
When you're using a perfume, do you spread it out on your shirt? I had done that but it's not quite really effective after 6-9 hours of school. Any advice?

Abdul Qadir
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
the idea of brothers and sisters sharing perfumes they like/for a woman perfume is something to be worn only around mahrams/other women/husband sooooooooooooooo just weird:hiding:

@ _pakistan_ perfume is the english word for itr
its for your own good...and its the order of Muhammad SAW....the reason y its hated is because it draws the attention of men...imagine a man looking down and a woman passes by him wearing perfume..he will surely lift his head up and look...dun do that...just give it up...if u love perfumes alot...u can use it at home...not when ur out...for body odour, u can use non-alcoholic deodorant..there is nothing wrong about that as it doesn't give out any fragrance..all it does is neutralise the odour...this is not a fatwa btw..lol...

Abdul Qadir
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
When you're using a perfume, do you spread it out on your shirt? I had done that but it's not quite really effective after 6-9 hours of school. Any advice?
your reason for putting perfume? is it to protect against body odour or otherwise? if its to prevent body odour, i would suggest anti-pespirant..it really works! im suprised most ppl don't know this..dun buy the spray type..rather, buy the roll-on type...

Samiun
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
your reason for putting perfume? is it to protect against body odour or otherwise? if its to prevent body odour, i would suggest anti-pespirant..it really works! im suprised most ppl don't know this..dun buy the spray type..rather, buy the roll-on type...
My one's the liquid type. I have to open up a small bottle then scatter it on my Shirt. I wanna smell good that's all cause I love arabic perfumes!

Abdul Qadir
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
My one's the liquid type. I have to open up a small bottle then scatter it on my Shirt. I wanna smell good that's all cause I love arabic perfumes!
oh! ok..i love arabian perfumes too..i like the kasturi and the white musk the most...what about u..

Samiun
01-12-2010, 02:57 PM
oh! ok..i love arabian perfumes too..i like the kasturi and the white musk the most...what about u..
:sl: Why didn't you read my 1st post? I stated all in there... never mind

I like Misk Adam, Hajaratul Aswad, Diego..

Even though all of the above is a nice selection, I can't seem to find a perfume that normally gets used by people who go to the mosque. Whenever I see people with a turban they will use this type of Arabic Perfume which smells great. I would always assume it's a Vitamin 'C' hahaha my imaginations

Abdul Qadir
01-13-2010, 01:26 AM
:sl: Why didn't you read my 1st post? I stated all in there... never mind

I like Misk Adam, Hajaratul Aswad, Diego..

Even though all of the above is a nice selection, I can't seem to find a perfume that normally gets used by people who go to the mosque. Whenever I see people with a turban they will use this type of Arabic Perfume which smells great. I would always assume it's a Vitamin 'C' hahaha my imaginations
:wa:

haha...i am reading a bit too much so i guess i missed out on that..yes true..Hararatul Aswad smells great too...=)

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 03:01 AM
I wear cologne not perfume;D

Brooks brothers classic
Burberry
Nautica
Hugo boss
Gucci
Armani, and some others. My wife actually makes perfume for herself, she learned in India, and stores it in those little Arab looking perfume jars....It smells awesome!

You can apply to your shirt or dab and or spray on the neck, right bellow the jaw where you can feel the heartbeat in your neck, it resonates the smell all day:D

Snowflake
01-13-2010, 03:25 AM

I like Shifon by al haramain perfumes (thinks that's the name). Really light and refreshing. Great for the summer. We bought tons of it during a visit to Dubai. It cost £8 there and is £25 in the UK :(

I don't really like ittars that are heavy, but white musk sounds nice. I use to buy it from the Body Shop. I don't think the arabic and uk one smell the same though. I prefer western perfumes tbh.. or maybe I just haven't tried others enough

There is one perfume in the world which has driven me crazy all my life as I've never been able to find out which one it was. I've smelt it on people walking past and I almost floated away with them. It's musk-based. If anyone wants to send me samples in the hope of me finding it, please don't hesitate lol. *sighs* :-\

Snowflake
01-13-2010, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I wear cologne not perfume;D

Brooks brothers classic
Burberry
Nautica
Hugo boss
Gucci
Armani, and some others. My wife actually makes perfume for herself, she learned in India, and stores it in those little Arab looking perfume jars....It smells awesome!

You can apply to your shirt or dab and or spray on the neck, right bellow the jaw where you can feel the heartbeat in your neck, it resonates the smell all day:D
You're like an Italian version of my brother! lol

He sprays as many as three on at once sometimes and creates his own unique fragrance. :rolleyes:

Billal-A
01-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Assalaamu alaykum,

Best perfumes I had personally shipped from Surrati in KSA are Khaleej green coloured and too too deadly mashaa Allaah and also Sultaan mashaAllaah both all time classics for ever more!

Then you have Oud al hind which is next level expensive so try and sit next to a rich Arab in al-Ka'aba and see if he puts it on, even if he doesnt offer any atleast youl smell it LOL.

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
You're like an Italian version of my brother! lol

He sprays as many as three on at once sometimes and creates his own unique fragrance. :rolleyes:
lol, Maybe he issss Italian;D

I only use one at a time, mixing to many may smell a little weird+o(,lol.

My wife likes the Burberry one, and she makes a perfume for me......but it smells a little girly:hmm:

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Billal-A
Assalaamu alaykum,

Best perfumes I had personally shipped from Surrati in KSA are Khaleej green coloured and too too deadly mashaa Allaah and also Sultaan mashaAllaah both all time classics for ever more!

Then you have Oud al hind which is next level expensive so try and sit next to a rich Arab in al-Ka'aba and see if he puts it on, even if he doesnt offer any atleast youl smell it LOL.
Can any of these scents be purchased in the US? I don't know where you could find these? I would like to find those for my wife as a gift:D

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:13 AM
My wife will wear Jasmine in her hair, it smells and looks good......Like in a pony tail(i think thats what it's called) her hair is extremely longgggg

Somaiyah
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Firstly: We shall not have perfume inside mosque.

Secondly: How on Earth can people want to have perfume when they know there are persons ALLERGIC to perfumes?? I am, and many I know are, and I can tell you it's NOT funny to walk around all day with huge headache because someone or some persons only thought about themselves.

Just something to think of.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.