/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dawkins fails to answer a question - Hilarious

tango92
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
i couldnt work out wether to put this in puzzles and humour or here...

i dont mean to generalize all atheists by this, so im sorry if if this offends anyone out there.

Media Tags are no longer supported

he doesnt even answer the question properly!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skavau
01-11-2010, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RD
Thanks to Felixculpa81 for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MN_O9ICzY which is lovely!

Perhaps I could clarify, once and for all, what actually happpened here.

1. An Australian woman called Gillian Brown, interviewing me in my own house in Oxford, asked me a question which I immediately recognized as a creationist plant.

2. I paused for a long time trying to decide whether to answer the question or throw her out of my house.

3. I eventually asked her to stop the camera and tried to throw her out. We moved into a different room, while she pleaded with me for about 20 minutes not to throw her out. In the end, I foolishly relented and agreed to go back into the filming room.

4. When the film eventually was released, I found that she had edited the two parts together -- before and after the 20 minute break -- and made it look as though my answer to a completely different question not shown on the film (about modern species not being evolved from other modern species) was an evasively irrelevant response to the original question (about information content). I am astonished that people are fooled by this transparent piece of fakery, given that there is an obvious cut. I also noticed that the original question (about information content) which she herself had posed off camera, was now posed by an Australian MAN, and he is seen ON camera, presumably in Australia and in an obviously different room from the one in which the interview took place. There is a THIRD version of the film, in which the question is put by an American man, who then mimes foolish actions to camera. It is not clear whether this third version is intended to be taken as the 'real' one, or whether it is intended as a satire on creationist tactics. The truth is that there is NO real version of the film. All three are fakes, the American version only slightly more obviously faked than the two Australian ones.

For myself, I shall in future regard Felixculpa's as the definitive version.

Richard
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/view...=7400&start=50

tango92
01-11-2010, 07:36 PM
say what you will my bru, at the end of the day we will all see it the way we want. and some are correct and some are wrong. but still its pretty funny

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.