/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me find a course to study!

Ummu Sufyaan
01-11-2010, 09:52 AM
:sl:
i have too much time on my hands and i feel like learning something but i have no idea what to learn. i want it to be part time and via correspondence. any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
the qur'aan? :)

Raaina
01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Sister,

I have the same problem, way to much time on my hands. Recently, I was considering studying a TEFL course, but I cannot find any in the local area. imsad

However it can be done online, but it is expensive.

I recently picked up one of my sister's sociology books and found it incredibly interesting and I am considering doing something in sociology part time.

Anyway, there are heaps of universities and websites that offer online/distance learning. Maybe you have an interest in a certain subject or topic and can learn something based around that. :)

mammyluty
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
sisters same problem here.....bt av started arabic n hadith classes.n now i want to do child care n in future inshallah i open my child care or become a child minder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Well, I've just registered on this

www.studying-islam.org

Looks quite interesting :)

@mammyluty - I wanted to study childcare when I left school, sadly my grades weren't good enough :(

Ummu Sufyaan
01-13-2010, 03:05 AM
im thinking of accounting? anyone done that before? is it hard/boring :hiding: the thing is im worried that if i do end up working, then i may end up dealing with haraam earnings. is that possible to curb?

Raaina
01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
im thinking of accounting? anyone done that before? is it hard/boring :hiding: the thing is im worried that if i do end up working, then i may end up dealing with haraam earnings. is that possible to curb?
Well personally speaking, i'd find accounting incredibly difficult, but that is because i'm really poor with math and numbers in general. If you're a wizz with numbers you'll be fine :)

I'm unsure with regards to dealing with haraam earnings, maybe someone else could guide you on this aspect.

Anyway, if you want to study accounting, go for it! :D

mammyluty
01-14-2010, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
sister i did accounting back home n its not difficult n its not easy bt its not boring cos i found it adventurous.but when u finish u gonna have to wok in a bank where therell b free mixing.

mammyluty
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
how about nursing.this one u dont need grades u just do access course for one year n then 3 yrs in universisity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.