/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free time...

Samiun
01-11-2010, 02:58 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters, for those who are still studying in school or university could you tell me what do you do on your free time related to our religion?

I tried reading books about the end of time but it's not enough. I feel that I have to do something more than that to use my "free" time at school.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Salaam,

Yeah i know what u mean. Gets frustrated at times doesnt it? Wanting to do more but havent got the time for it because of school. Cried a lot because of that alhamdoellilah. Its hard let me tell you that but not impossible. I take a course at the mosque every saterday from 5 till 9 pm with subjects Tawhied, Sierrah and Ficq. Other then that i try to fast every monday and thursday. This u can combine with going to school :D
Other than that i try to get up early to pray Qijam al Lail (nightprayer) before fadjr prayer is due. Have a bit of a hard time with this lately because of wintertime. My bed is just too warm. Inshallah i will manage.
Other then that i try to read as much islamic books as i can. I admit i havent done much of that lately. But maybe its and idea to take one too school and just read in your free time between classes. Hope this helps u a bit.

Salaam

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Ooh and Dhikr Allah. U can do that anywhere u are..:)

Salaam

Hamza Asadullah
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Brothers and sisters, for those who are still studying in school or university could you tell me what do you do on your free time related to our religion?

I tried reading books about the end of time but it's not enough. I feel that I have to do something more than that to use my "free" time at school.
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother time in our lives is crucial. The time we have now has to be spent as much as possible worshipping Allah or no doubt it will become a source of regret for us in the hereafter. Here is what you can do to make the best use of your free time:

Aswell as the Fard Salah whenever possible try to pray your Nafil Salah as this is one of the best ways to get closer to Allah and it also makes up for any defiencies in your fard salah. Here are the nafil prayers you can pray everyday in addition to Fard and Sunnah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

The easiest thing to do each day is the dhikr and glorification of Allah. Rasulallah(Pbuh) advised us to always keep our lips moist with dhikr. This is one of the best deeds and once you get into the habit of it, it is the easiest.
You can do dhikr whereever you are especially in your free time.

You can do it on your fingers or get a metal counter which you click and count your dhikr on to quanify your dhikr and it is very practical as you can carry it around with you wherever you go and click away no matter where you are or what you are doing. Dhikr never has to stop and the more you do the more closer you will become to Allah. Here are some tasbihs you can do everyday:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...735#post445735

One of the greatest worships is reciting the Qur'an. You should recite the Qur'an as much as possible and also memorise it. You can memorise even an ayat a day and memorising Surah's like Surah Yaasin and Surah Mulk is recommended.

You should consider buying a smaller copy of the Qur'an which you can carry with you and read whenever you have free time. Get into the habit of reading at least 1 juz(chapter) a day. This is also one of the best ways to spend your time. Aswell as reciting the Qur'an in Arabic also read its tranlsation and tafseer as much as you can.

One of the greatest deeds is to read the Qur'an and implement what you learn in your daily life. Once you read the meaning of the Qur'an and ponder over what Allah is saying then you will feel the most amazing feelings you have ever felt!

There is so much to learn in Islam so get some good reliable books on Islam and read as much as you can. It is always best to start from the basics and then build your way up.

All Muslim males should read their fard prayers at the masjid. So if there is no valid excuse then you should be praying your fard Salah at the masjid and sunnah and nafil you can pray at home. Build a closer relationship with the house of Allah because it is the most favourite place of Allah and the worst places in the sight of Allah are the market places or in modern dasy times the high street, shopping malls etc.

Once you have built a close relationship with the Masjid you will have built a closer relationship with Allah. You will then find good and pious friends who will help you towards Jannah and doing good deeds which will please Allah. Also try to spend as much time as possible with learned people or Ulema(scholars) and keep away from keeping bad friends.

One of the most important things we must do, which sadly many people neglect, is that we should avoid bad company. People we should avoid taking as friends those who speak too freely, who miss Salah, who do not dress modestly, who backbite, slander etc.

The company of such people is poison; just even sitting and talking with them will lead one to commit sins. Just as a person who sits for a long time with a perfume seller begins to smell nice, and a person who sits by a gutter cleaner begins to smell awful, similarly a person who spends time in the company of the wicked eventually gets affected badly by them.

Rather, we should seek out pious friends who fear Allah taala and who have the qualities of humility, charity, compassion, modesty and knowledge. If we sit with them we will always benefit and they will be a means for us to get closer to Allah taala!

Evaluating ourselves is crucial so everyday you should write down the worship you have done and by keeping a log of all the worship that you have done on a daily basis you can evaluate your progress and make the relevant changes so that you can improve all of the time. This "Daily ibadah(woship) check chart is perfect for you to evaluate worship on a daily basis so as to make improvements from there. You can download it and make print outs. Each chart represents one week:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

Make the best use of your youth until it is over because you will never be able to get it back. The youth is the best time for worship and getting closer to Allah so let us make the best of this time that we have and not waste it otherwise we will regret it FOREVER!

Don't forget to spend time with your family and do as much khidmat(Help) for your parents as possible because the greatest reward after prayer is helping your mother. Do as much good towards them as you can and be the best towards others as Rasulallah(Pbuh) was. Get into good habits now so that you can spend your life with these good habits.

We will also be asked by Allah on the day of judgement how we spent our youth. There is no guarantee that we will make it another day so make the best of now. If you worship Allah as much as you can then Allah will help you in all other aspects of your life including at school,college, uni and getting work etc.

Even education and work can become worship and reward for us with the right intention that we are doing it for the pleasure of Allah to sustain ourselves and our families in this life.

So my brother let us put all of this into our daily routine so that everyday can be a rewarding day for us. Let us spend our youth pleasing Allah and being close to him and not waste our youth for we will never get it back and if we waste it then surely we will regret it FOREVER!

Here are some other threads which you will find very useful and beneficial:

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ml#post1267786

10 Steps getting Closer Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ml#post1274184

The Four Poisons of the Heart

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ons-heart.html

If you need any more help with anything at all then please don't hesitate to ask me. Please remember me in your dua's. Allah hafiz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.