/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing prayers

AnonymousPoster
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Salam to all,

I'm writing to you seeking advice for my nefs is torturing me.

I'm a working mom of two. I generally pray the Fajr on time. But everyday when I get home, I have to do the Dhuhr, Asr and Maghrib salahs all together. Sometimes I am so very tired, I do my salh sitting. Then I saw my mom who is very ill doing the salah normally, so i felt even worse. I missed several days of salahs. I decide never to miss any one but as soon as I get to work and get tangled in the work days, I miss several salahs and never make them up.

Please, tell me what I shall do since I CAN NOT pray at work.

I'm really desperate.

A tortured mind

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum..
Dear sister..what is the reason you are not able to pray at work?
I understand the rest,having to pray all salaahs once you return home safely.Ive experienced that because i never prayed at College,so i ended up missing Zohr,Asr,Maghrib but ALhamdulilah i dont now and i pray them at the College prayer rooms...
I felt exactly the same, i felt i had to pray them no matter what.it hurts to miss a salah wallah i dont know why, because its become such a habit...Or something...
Just wondering why your not allowed to at work?..is your boss strict?
You need to ask for permission strictly because its important to not miss a salaah sis..
Insha`Allaah there will be some good advice from the brothers and sisters on here..forgive me for not giving any..but if i know why your not allowed to pray at work InshaAllaah i can :)
Wa alaaykum salaam..

Asiyaah
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
As-Salaam Alaykum Sister,

While I'm not a mom, I'm in a similar situation as you. I cannot pray at work unless I want to do it in front of 150-400 non-muslims as they stair me in the middle of the office (I work in a massive call centre). The thought of doing so in front of so many people causes me extreme anxiety.

I try my best to do all 4 prayers at once when I get home, but this isn't easy. If I'm too tired to do all 4 at once I will do the 2 evening prayers together, then offer the afternoon prayers later on in the night.

The majority of advice I've received regarding this is to quit my job and trust Allah. While I do my best to trust Allah, from my understanding one should still 'tie up their camel.' I have to pay rent and bills, and in your case you have children to look after.

May Allah make it easier for you.

aadil77
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
The majority of advice I've received regarding this is to quit my job and trust Allah. While I do my best to trust Allah, from my understanding one should still 'tie up their camel.' I have to pay rent and bills, and in your case you have children to look after.

Sis you don't need to leave your job, be innovative, pray in your car if you have one, pray in some empty place you can find, pray on your chair whilst sitting down etc.
I'd like to say this without sounding like i'm boasting :phew but when I was working I had literally nowhere to pray, I would go to a clothes store nearby pretend I was trying some clothes on and then pray in the changing rooms. This did become a bit suspicious and a bit of a hassle for me, but it worked.

Also try and request to have your lunch break in parts so that you can offer all your salaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
You can pray at work ask your manager that all you need is 3 minutes three times a day to pray...because im sure other workers get fag breaks

Asiyaah
01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Wow brother that is inspiring. I did get into the habit of praying at my desk and car but because I currently do not wear a headscarf in public (I'm a new revert and it's not something I am ready to do, I feel uncomfortable drawing so much attention to myself at this time) I was told by a sister it would be better to do my prayers at home where I can cover properly during prayer. What do you think? Maybe I should work on praying in my car and put on a scarf then I'm not drawing unwanted attention.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Sis you don't need to leave your job, be innovative, pray in your car if you have one, pray in some empty place you can find, pray on your chair whilst sitting down etc.
I'd like to say this without sounding like i'm boasting :phew but when I was working I had literally nowhere to pray, I would go to a clothes store nearby pretend I was trying some clothes on and then pray in the changing rooms. This did become a bit suspicious and a bit of a hassle for me, but it worked.

Also try and request to have your lunch break in parts so that you can offer all your salaah

Hamza Asadullah
01-12-2010, 05:46 AM
:sl: my sister ive worked in numerous organisations and for many call centres and i can honestly tell you that it is very easy to pray in any organisation.I never even had the need to ask for a prayer place because i just walked around and found so many places. You don;t need a big room sis as long as the place is reasonabley quite and out of the way then you can use it to pray. You obviously get a lunch break. In the lunch break you can pray your Dhuhr. In your afternoon break Asr and your Maghrib you can easily take a few minutes out like people do when they go to the toilet and take ten minutes or so and in half of that time you could have easily read your Maghrib.

All you have to do is find somewhere quite like an empty room, quite stair case, quite area in a car park, or outside somewhere if the weather is good on grass, ANYWHERE where you have enough room to do make salah. As far as my understanding goes you cannot read fard by sitting down or in a car. You can only read sitting down if your ill or have problem standing or bending over.

Sister all you have to do is make the simple effort to find a suitable place to pray. If you have looked all over and cannot find a place then ask your supervisor for they cannot refuse you. Just remember who gave you the job and who gave you the ability to work in order to earn money.

Praying whilst at work really relieves stress as well particularly in the call centre environment which can get quite stressful and can cause burnout.

People go for toilet breaks and take ten minutes or so and in that time you could go and pray and no one even has to no where you went. It is so easy to pray at work sister but we have to make the effort to find the place. There is no excuse for us wherever we are.

You can pray ANYWHERE as long as its not in the toilet or in a visibly unclean place. Take a prayer mat or any clean sheet or even newspaper with you and you can pray on that.

Allah has made this deen easy for us and all we have to do is make the effort and yu will be able to pray all your Salah's at work instead of coming home and reading Qadha.

:wa:

Asiyaah
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
:sl: my sister ive worked in numerous organisations and for many call centres and i can honestly tell you that it is very easy to pray in any organisation.I never even had the need to ask for a prayer place because i just walked around and found so many places. You don;t need a big room sis as long as the place is reasonabley quite and out of the way then you can use it to pray. You obviously get a lunch break. In the lunch break you can pray your Dhuhr. In your afternoon break Asr and your Maghrib you can easily take a few minutes out like people do when they go to the toilet and take ten minutes or so and in half of that time you could have easily read your Maghrib.

All you have to do is find somewhere quite like an empty room, quite stair case, quite area in a car park, or outside somewhere if the weather is good on grass, ANYWHERE where you have enough room to do make salah. As far as my understanding goes you cannot read fard by sitting down or in a car. You can only read sitting down if your ill or have problem standing or bending over.

Sister all you have to do is make the simple effort to find a suitable place to pray. If you have looked all over and cannot find a place then ask your supervisor for they cannot refuse you. Just remember who gave you the job and who gave you the ability to work in order to earn money.

Praying whilst at work really relieves stress as well particularly in the call centre environment which can get quite stressful and can cause burnout.

People go for toilet breaks and take ten minutes or so and in that time you could go and pray and no one even has to no where you went. It is so easy to pray at work sister but we have to make the effort to find the place. There is no excuse for us wherever we are.

You can pray ANYWHERE as long as its not in the toilet or in a visibly unclean place. Take a prayer mat or any clean sheet or even newspaper with you and you can pray on that.

Allah has made this deen easy for us and all we have to do is make the effort and yu will be able to pray all your Salah's at work instead of coming home and reading Qadha.

:wa:
You are right that there has to be somewhere I can go. I did find a staircase in the building I work at where it is attached to an apartment building. Tho I'm a little concerned as to how safe it is for a woman to be alone in the staircase at night imsad. Should I just trust Allah's protection?:nervous:

aadil77
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Sis the main thing is you don't miss prayers - not the location, so even if your last option is to pray in your car then go for it, its definately better than nothing.

Hamza Asadullah
01-13-2010, 12:32 AM
You are right that there has to be somewhere I can go. I did find a staircase in the building I work at where it is attached to an apartment building. Tho I'm a little concerned as to how safe it is for a woman to be alone in the staircase at night imsad. Should I just trust Allah's protection?:nervous:
:sl:

Sister if you feel that it is too dangerous for you to pray there then find else where or if your unsure then at least try it out or ask security. Have you asked your supervisor? You should not feel ashamed in doing so.

It is shaythan who is stopping you from doing so. No one can stop you from praying sister. Your supervisor may be more than willing to find you a suitable room to pray in so I think you should ask your supervisor and not feel like your stepping on anyones toes. Salah is fard so we should do whatever it takes to pray no matter what situation were in.

I was at the train station once in central London which is the busiest in the country and i saw a Muslim brother put his prayer mat down on the side of the station and start praying. Im not saying you should do the same as in pray in front of anyone but i am just making a point that one should not be concerned about what others will say or think so just ask your supervisor or line manager to find you a suitable place to pray and they should be more than willing to help you inshallah

There are people in here telling you to pray on your desk or in the car but it is NOT permissable to pray a fard salah sitting down in a car or desk unless you have a condition which prevents you from praying standing up or illness etc.

My sister you can pray ANYWHERE as long as its not the toilet so inshallah it will not be a problem for you.

If we really want to do something then we would find away and inshallah if you really want to pray at work then you will find a way inshallah.

You will feel an amazing feeling in your heart at work and everytime you pray you will feel the stress of work evaoprate away!

You will also have more blessings in your job and earnings.

abu_musab461
01-13-2010, 12:44 AM
the messenger of Allah (swt) said "The son of Adam never intends to do something good except shaytan comes and whispers a doubt in his heart" so be wary of that.

Dont expect shaytan to give you anythng less than 101 excuses not to pray and wear hijab.

i remember the last time i had to pray in public was in the middle of town last week.

like the hadith mentions i thought ppl will see me what will they think?

then i smiled and said "yes ppl will see me and what will then think? even if they see me and think whats this guy doing? a weird muslim thing? at least i know i've spark a curiously in that person about salah and he or she might go research about it and end up coming across islam and entering it because i prayed salah in public"

And i smiled to my self and started to pray my 4 raka zuhr :)

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Alhamidallah - I ask Allah to grant me strength and courage in my faith such as you have.

format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
the messenger of Allah (swt) said "The son of Adam never intends to do something good except shaytan comes and whispers a doubt in his heart" so be wary of that.

Dont expect shaytan to give you anythng less than 101 excuses not to pray and wear hijab.

i remember the last time i had to pray in public was in the middle of town last week.

then i smiled and said "yes ppl will see me and what will then think? even if they see me and think whats this guy doing? a weird muslim thing? at least i know i've spark a curiously in that person about salah and he or she might go research about it and end up coming across islam and entering it because i prayed salah in public"

And i smiled to my self and started to pray my 4 raka zuhr :)

Abdul Qadir
01-13-2010, 03:47 AM
As-Salaam Alaykum Sister,

While I'm not a mom, I'm in a similar situation as you. I cannot pray at work unless I want to do it in front of 150-400 non-muslims as they stair me in the middle of the office (I work in a massive call centre). The thought of doing so in front of so many people causes me extreme anxiety.

I try my best to do all 4 prayers at once when I get home, but this isn't easy. If I'm too tired to do all 4 at once I will do the 2 evening prayers together, then offer the afternoon prayers later on in the night.

:sl:

u must find time to do it sis...i was like u before...and for those prayers, which u have missed, you don't have to repay them as there is no hadith which states that u need to repay all those salat u missed from previous days..this is the view of major scholars...if u miss prayers for the day and u remember it, u pray...beyond that, there's no point as there's no way anyone can make up for it...i can send u the link for it if u want

aadil77
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
^Sorry I didn't realise you can't sit down and pray, especially if it is possible to stand up and pray, I would only pray in the car if we were on the motorway for instance and no way to stand up

Don't pray in public especially as you're a sis, you'll just have to find someplace else

aadil77
01-13-2010, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461

bro that's good mashAllah but can I ask how you prayed in town, I mean weren't there people passing infront of you?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.