/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite story?

Life_Is_Short
01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
I love this one:

Repentance of the man who committed a hundred murders

Abu Sa'id Sa'd b. Malik b. Sinan al-Khudri says that the Prophet said: "There was a man among a people before you who committed ninety-nine murders. Then he inquired about the most knowledgeable man on earth and he was led to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed ninety-nine people and asked him if it was possible for him to repent. The monk told him: 'NO!' So the man killed him also and completed his hundred. Then he inquired about the most knowledgeable man on earth and was led to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he had killed a hundred people and asked him if there was repentance for him. The man told him, 'Yes. And what can come in between you and repentance?' 'Then he told him, 'Go to such and such a town for in it live people who are devoted to God. Devote yourself there to God in their company and do not come back to your own town for it is an evil place.' So the man started towards that town. However, while he was halfway through the journey death overtook him. The angels of 'mercy' and 'punishment' descended and began to argue over him. The angels of mercy said: 'This man had repented and was seeking his Lord, (therefore he is our share),' while the angels of punishment claimed that, 'he had never done a good thing in life,' (so he was their share). While they were thus arguing, another angel arrived in the form of a man. They decided to accept him as their arbitrator. He said: 'Measure the earth between the two towns and let him be assigned to the fate of the one he is nearer to.' When they measured they found him nearer to the town he was heading towards. So the angels of mercy took him away."

Another version has it that "he was nearer to the town of the righteous people by just the span of the hand." And another version of a trustworthy report has it that "the earth was ordered to stretch itself to become closer from this end and farther from the other. So that when they measured they found him nearer to the town (of the righteous) by virtue of which he was forgiven."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
01-12-2010, 01:07 AM
^ that's a nice story. :)

Another story:

Ahmad the Repenter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9_tYpeeERs (part1)
very emotional, but great.

-Elle-
01-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Oh wow mash'Allah nice story, I heard it before but nerver as detailed as this!

I can think of many stories but I'd have to narrate them with my own words, and I don't have the proper references, but i can share this website with you, with contains various Islamic stories

http://www.islamcan.com/increaseiman...s-page-2.shtml

I don't quite remember if I found it somewhere else or here on IB...anyway, enjoy

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Heard this one in a lecture by Imam Anwar Al Awlaqi .

Rasullallah (:saws:) once told the sahaba, now a man will show up and he is from the people of paradise before he came, this is revelation from Allah SWT telling Rasullallah (:saws:) that a man from Jannat will come. So one of the Ansaar, he came in, this person was obscure, his name wasnt even mentioned in the hadith. The next day Rasullallah (:saws:) said: a man will show up and he belongs to paradise, the same man came in, the third day Rasullallah (:saws:) said: a man from paradise will show up and the same man appeared three times, Rasullallah (:saws:) saying: This man is from paradise, his going to be in paradise.

Abdullah Ibn Amr Bin Aas, he wanted to know whats special about him. So he went up to this man and he said: I had a problem with my father and I made an oath that Im not going to enter his house for three days, will you allow me to stay with you? He said: Yes, you're welcome. So Abdullah Ibn Amr Bin Aas, he wanted to see his private life, whats special about him. So he went and Abdullah Ibn Amr Bin Aas was expecting that this man is going to pray all night, the man went to sleep. And just before fajr he prayed a few rakats, Abdullah Ibn Amr Bin Aas said: he going to fast and the man had breakfast, Abdullah Ibn Amr s wondering whats special about this man? Maybe the next day, maybe he is going through some problems today or something, maybe tomorrow will be better, the next day he went to sleep again and he didnt fast, the third night the same thing happened, he went to sleep. Now, Abdullah Ibn Amr was very amazed because Abdullah Ibn Amr was a person who used to complete Quran in three nights, he would pray all night, so he was wondering, what's special about this person? And then he went and he told the man, listen , I didnt have any problems with my father, I just wanted to see, what is special about you, because Rasullallah (:saws:) said: You are in Jannah, so can you tell me whats special, because I dont really see anything unique. He told him, this is my life, there's nothing different. Abdullah Bin Amr left, but then the man called him back and said: come here! Theres nothing different than what you have seen except that whenever I go to bed, I do not have any hatred or jealousy towards any Muslim. Abdullah Bin Amr said: This is why, that is the reason...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
01-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Subhanallah!
Jazakallah sis beautiful story

Somaiyah
01-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

Very beautiful story mashaAllah.

Insaanah
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
:sl:

My favourite story is that of Yusuf alaihissalaam in Surah Yusuf, about which Allah says "We relate unto you the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you of this Qur'an..." (Surah Yusuf, ayah 3)

The reason I like it, apart from that it is a good story, is that it touches on practical problems many people face, such as siblings, jealousy etc...

Alpha Dude
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
:sl:

My favourite story is that of Yusuf alaihissalaam in Surah Yusuf, about which Allah says "We relate unto you the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you of this Qur'an..." (Surah Yusuf, ayah 3)

The reason I like it, apart from that it is a good story, is that it touches on practical problems many people face, such as siblings, jealousy etc...
The same. :)

Life_Is_Short
06-13-2010, 10:04 PM
*Bump*

Lengthening my post to at least 12 characters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.