/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

sirajstc
01-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Salam Sisters & Brothers,

There r WOMEN who say: “Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?” In other words, they are saying that the WOMEN who wear hijabs, their intentions are NOT correct. Astaghfirullah!
============================

You MUST wear a hijab if you are a matured Muslimah who has reached her age of puberty, regardless of how good your intentions may be. Otherwise, you are committing a BIG SIN by being disobedient to your Lord who has created you.
-----------------------------------
“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their ... See Moremodesty; that they should not display
their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers'

W/salam

http://sharingknowledgeofislam.blogspot.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't wear a Hijab because my parent's wouldn't approve and they'd probably kick me out if they knew I was a Muslim :cry:

sirajstc
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I don't wear a Hijab because my parent's wouldn't approve and they'd probably kick me out if they knew I was a Muslim :cry:

this is so badimsadimsad:cry:

Raaina
01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
this is so badimsadimsad:cry:
Yeah I know, its awful :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sirajstc
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah I know, its awful :(

But u have to fear Allah SWT hide ur modesty my dear sister Insha Allah may ALlah swt reward You:statisfie:statisfie

zacc
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Salamu Alaykum,

What you need to understand is this " No muslim has the right to judge you" you are not answerable to the living only Allah. If your circumstances are causing you problems when you wear your Hijab then don't wear it, as this will only cause you further upset. If you just don't want to wear it for no-reason then only you will be answerable for this. Islam is a beautiful easy understanding religion Allah made laws to protect us so we can get into paradise. Remember that Allah understands your difficulties and will make it easy for you if you true to yourself.

Wasalam

Donia
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
:wa:

There r WOMEN who say: “Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?” In other words, they are saying that the WOMEN who wear hijabs, their intentions are NOT correct. Astaghfirullah!
I appreciate the point you are trying to make. I do disagree with this statement though. I don't personally believe that women who say they don't wear the hijab because their intentions are not bad.. are implying or suggesting that women who do have bad intentions.
I think it is more of a reflection of theirself. It could be they are trying to find an excuse not to wear hijab because they find it difficult at this point in time or they really believe that it is permissible for them to not observe hijab as long as they don't have any bad intentions.
I really don't think it has anything to do with them going against sisters who do wear the hijab.
It could be that in their heart they really want to wear it, but are struggling with it.
Allah knows best.

Donia
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
May Allah make it easy for you to go further in Islam, sis. Ameen. :)

Asiyaah
01-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Same here - tho I don't live at home anymore. If my mom saw me wearing hijab she would be crushed. No matter how much I explain to her about Islam and it's beauty, she is a product of our western media. She thinks Islam is evil and all muslims should be deported for national security reasons.

I want to try wearing hijab once I move to Toronto or Ottawa that way I won't be pointed at in the streets. In the small town I live in now it would draw so much attention to myself that I'm just not ready for.

tw009
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
^ yes move to Toronto! you'll love it :D

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
^ yes move to Toronto! you'll love it :D
Oooh I really want too. My hubby and I are looking for work there. Right now we are 90 mins north of Toronto. I'd love to have some sisters in my life which is a real motivator to move there. I've never been part of a ummah other than online.

Donia
01-13-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
Same here - tho I don't live at home anymore. If my mom saw me wearing hijab she would be crushed. No matter how much I explain to her about Islam and it's beauty, she is a product of our western media. She thinks Islam is evil and all muslims should be deported for national security reasons.

I want to try wearing hijab once I move to Toronto or Ottawa that way I won't be pointed at in the streets. In the small town I live in now it would draw so much attention to myself that I'm just not ready for.
Sis, I hope one day you will be able to move somewhere that you can dress the way you want to without any fear. Hopefully islamically. lol. :)
May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

:sl:

tw009
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Oooh I really want too. My hubby and I are looking for work there. Right now we are 90 mins north of Toronto. I'd love to have some sisters in my life which is a real motivator to move there. I've never been part of a ummah other than online.
I hope you can move in the GTA, there is huge Muslim community here and you will really like it Insh'Allah.

Don't you have a mosque nearby in your area?

heavenlyspot
01-14-2010, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
Salam Sisters & Brothers,

============================

You MUST wear a hijab if you are a matured Muslimah who has reached her age of puberty, regardless of how good your intentions may be. Otherwise, you are committing a BIG SIN by being disobedient to your Lord who has created you.
-----------------------------------
“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their ... See Moremodesty; that they should not display
their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers'

W/salam

http://sharingknowledgeofislam.blogspot.com/

Wearing the hijab (and modesty in general) is definitely an obligation amongst Muslim women. Ofcourse there are many cases, such as the sisters here (mystical moon & zaira), where one's family would not allow you to practice such aspects of religion.

But, in regard to the original post the excuse I find disheartening is not necessarily about intentions, but rather, hearing "Islam does not require me to wear it" or "Nowhere in the Quran does it say I need to wear it".

Its as though they're stating that the millions of Muslim women who already wear the hijab/niqaab are totally wrong in doing so, and only their (singular) opinion is correct. I just feel like if you don't agree in wearing a hijab, that's okay & should be between you & Allah, but why try to justify it under the Deen?

Some of these Muslim women even have the audacity to appear in the media and express these ideas, which will only divide the ummah. It's also very hurtful to those who already wear. The last thing we need is discouragement. Has anyone here seen that interview with the 3 Muslim women, one with hijab, one with niqaab and one with neither? Watch it & you'll see what I mean :-(

The benefits of hijab are immense, however the one benefitting the most out of it is the woman wearing.

Asiyaah
01-14-2010, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
I hope you can move in the GTA, there is huge Muslim community here and you will really like it Insh'Allah.

Don't you have a mosque nearby in your area?
There is a mosque outside of town, I've never gone before. I'm kinda shy about going. Guess I'm scared of being rejected. I wouldn't know what to do there, I wouldn't want to accidentally offend someone, etc. Tho, I did email them last week about being a new muslim and being shy about going and what-not. Waiting on a reply. Their website says they are only 'open' on friday afternoon, I'm usually working :raging:. Inshallah I will hear from them soon.

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
yea, GTA is pretty okay for Muslims ... but I know a niqabi sister who was pushed and thrown on the ground by some crazy dude in Toronto subways ....

Asiyaah
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
yea, GTA is pretty okay for Muslims ... but I know a niqabi sister who was pushed and thrown on the ground by some crazy dude in Toronto subways ....
:( so sad. I find the general population in Canada is afraid of muslims. They feel that muslims are taking over. They resent any concessions made for muslims because no concessions were made when their families immigrated here. The human rights board is partly to blame for these resentments. It's a sad and difficult situation. But nothing compared with the troubles in Europe.

Life_Is_Short
01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Some parents force their daughters to wear hijab without providing the reason. A person in this situation obviously won't have the correct intention.

cat eyes
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
thats really bad sis i feel for u :( my family don't force me to take it off because i am not living with my family hehe however my father thinks i am oppressed :heated: and my brothers think i am being encouraged to wear it and that i am involved in a cult but i mean i dont wear hijab in front of my family cos i don't have to obviously but when they collect me at the station they cringe haha

Abdul Fattah
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Selam aleykum
How do you know, if you haven't even told them? I mean, maybe they won't kick you out. Maybe they'll see things differently? Some people can talk big, and say stuff like: "if my daughter ever did this or that i'd ..."
But between saying something, even when you're genuinely think it; and actually doing it after such a situation arrives is a big difference. I don't know your situation, and I'm not a scholar or anything. So I'm definitely in no position to give you advice. But perhaps you should fear Allah more then you fear your parents?

heavenlyspot
01-14-2010, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
:heated: :omg: Astaghfirullah......

heavenlyspot
01-14-2010, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Some parents force their daughters to wear hijab without providing the reason. A person in this situation obviously won't have the correct intention.
That's true, and it's the same reason why the same girls end up removing their hijabs.

heavenlyspot
01-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Sometimes I feel like I see more girls taking it off, instead of deciding to put one on.

I feel sad for them.

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by heavenlyspot

Wearing the hijab (and modesty in general) is definitely an obligation amongst Muslim women. Ofcourse there are many cases, such as the sisters here (mystical moon & zaira), where one's family would not allow you to practice such aspects of religion.

But, in regard to the original post the excuse I find disheartening is not necessarily about intentions, but rather, hearing "Islam does not require me to wear it" or "Nowhere in the Quran does it say I need to wear it".

Its as though they're stating that the millions of Muslim women who already wear the hijab/niqaab are totally wrong in doing so, and only their (singular) opinion is correct. I just feel like if you don't agree in wearing a hijab, that's okay & should be between you & Allah, but why try to justify it under the Deen?

Some of these Muslim women even have the audacity to appear in the media and express these ideas, which will only divide the ummah. It's also very hurtful to those who already wear. The last thing we need is discouragement. Has anyone here seen that interview with the 3 Muslim women, one with hijab, one with niqaab and one with neither? Watch it & you'll see what I mean :-(

The benefits of hijab are immense, however the one benefitting the most out of it is the woman wearing.
Is it in the Qur'an? I was just wondering. Not trying to start anything.......I think they are cool anyway:D

Our Bible tells women they must be covered, but not at all times, I will qoute verses

1 Corinthians 11:4-7 (King James Version)

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

So i was just wondering where it is written....anywhere were a muslihmah(did I say that right?) has to be covered? And if so at what age? or if not an age, at what point in life?

Thanks

God be with you.....and those who must hide their faith...Ameen

Life_Is_Short
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by heavenlyspot
Sometimes I feel like I see more girls taking it off, instead of deciding to put one on.

I feel sad for them.
I see the environment of ones home to be the main problem. If you establish an islamic environment in your home from the beginning then dropping the bomb of wearing hijab when your daughter reaches the prescribed age isn't hard. Infact, you might not have to take such action. It is something that you have to realise yourself and only then you can have the proper intention.

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
:( so sad. I find the general population in Canada is afraid of muslims. They feel that muslims are taking over. They resent any concessions made for muslims because no concessions were made when their families immigrated here. The human rights board is partly to blame for these resentments. It's a sad and difficult situation. But nothing compared with the troubles in Europe.
It's not just the Muslims taking over......INDIANS , they're everywhere;D

My wife says there is a huge Indian population in Canada. She has family there:D

Ever heard of Russel Peters, the Indian comedian?

Asiyaah
01-15-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy

My wife says there is a huge Indian population in Canada. She has family there:D

Bahaha - ya a lot of indian people move to the GTA, especially Brampton ON LOL.

No I haven't heard of that comedian, but I know of Samy Sweetie, a lot of my indian and pakistani friends like him.

Beardo
01-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Yess, Russel Peters!!! ;D I watched like, two minutes of him on YouTube. He's not my type of comedian though. :X I prefer sticking to my documentaries. 8-]

But yeah. I watched one of his videos on Indians being hairy. He was talking about men, and then he concluded by saying "Indian women aren't exempt from this rule either, so don't be laughing, you aunties!" ;D

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Yess, Russel Peters!!! ;D I watched like, two minutes of him on YouTube. He's not my type of comedian though. :X I prefer sticking to my documentaries. 8-]

But yeah. I watched one of his videos on Indians being hairy. He was talking about men, and then he concluded by saying "Indian women aren't exempt from this rule either, so don't be laughing, you aunties!" ;D
Lol, My wife is Indian and doesn't notice what he is saying is true;D;D;D

He is hilarious;D He talks about how he went to Italy and that they thought he was Italian;D He said it felt weird being the guy in a country where he didn't understand what they are saying;D

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Bahaha - ya a lot of indian people move to the GTA, especially Brampton ON LOL.

No I haven't heard of that comedian, but I know of Samy Sweetie, a lot of my indian and pakistani friends like him.
I never heard of Samy Sweeitie? Is he/she funny? Russel Peters is an Indian comedian from Canada. He is really popular in the UK to. He has a tv show oon tv called "Russell Peters Presents"

Asiyaah
01-15-2010, 02:48 AM
I never heard of Samy Sweeitie? Is he/she funny? Russel Peters is an Indian comedian from Canada. He is really popular in the UK to. He has a tv show oon tv called "Russell Peters Presents"
LOL I got confused, his name is actually Sugar Sammy - yes he is good. I think the children of immigrants and relate to him a lot.

Life_Is_Short
01-15-2010, 03:00 AM
How exactly is 'Russell Peters' and 'Sugar Sammy' related to 'Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?'

Do they wear a scarf?

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 03:08 AM
How exactly is 'Russell Peters' and 'Sugar Sammy' related to 'Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?'

Do they wear a scarf?
Sorry sisterimsad....Russell Peters might wear one though;D

But to answer your question logically

Why not?

Life_Is_Short
01-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Sorry sisterimsad....Russell Peters might wear one though;D

But to answer your question logically

Why not?
Now i feel bad, you can create a thread entitled 'should men wear a scarf?'

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 03:14 AM
Now i feel bad, you can create a thread entitled 'should men wear a scarf?'
I appologise. I will not post on this thread anymore.

Life_Is_Short
01-15-2010, 03:19 AM
I appologise. I will not post on this thread anymore.
If it's to do with the topic of this thread then i can't stop you. :statisfie

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 03:25 AM
If it's to do with the topic of this thread then i can't stop you. :statisfie
ok i wil stay on topic:D

tw009
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
There is a mosque outside of town, I've never gone before. I'm kinda shy about going. Guess I'm scared of being rejected. I wouldn't know what to do there, I wouldn't want to accidentally offend someone, etc. Tho, I did email them last week about being a new muslim and being shy about going and what-not. Waiting on a reply. Their website says they are only 'open' on friday afternoon, I'm usually working :raging:. Inshallah I will hear from them soon.
You should go dont be shy about it, I'm sure they would be very welcoming. I hope you can get take some time out of your work and visit the mosque InshAllah.

wooahhh woahhh!!! when did this happen!? :|

sirajstc
01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks ("Jalabib") veils all over their bodies (screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way Tafseer Al-Qurtabi) that is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

Surah An-Nur, Verses #30 and #31
‘And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head cover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) [Top]

From the Hadith.....

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Hadith # 282
Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba (Radhiallaahu Ánha) "Aa'ishah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 368
Narrated 'Aa'ishah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) used to offer the Fajr prayer and some believing women covered with their veiling sheets used to attend the Fajr prayer with him and then they would return to their homes unrecognized . Shaikh Ibn Uthaimin in tafseer of this hadeeth explains "This hadeeth makes it clear that the Islamic dress is concealing of the entire body as explained in this hadeeth. Only with the complete cover including the face and hands can a woman not be recognized. This was the understanding and practice of the SAHÂBAH and they were the best of group, the noblest in the sight of Allaah (swt) with the most complete Eemaan and noblest of characters. so if the practice of the women of the sahabah was to wear the complete veil then how can we deviate from their path? (Ibn Uthaymeen in the book "Hijaab" page # 12 and 13)

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Hadith # 148
Narrated 'Aa'ishah (Radhiallaahu Ánha): The wives of Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allaah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

abu salaahudeen
01-26-2010, 01:22 AM
all sisters who feel like they can't wear the muslim attire because of family presssure especially if there families are non muslim should seriously think of moving out. The best option would be to get married to a practicing God fearing brother. It will make the world of a difference

sirajstc
01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Hijab is must we cant say excuses

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.