/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pure hypocrite

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
:sl:

I need your help and duas, I think I am a pure hypocrite but I want to change but everytime I want to change I fall back to hypocrisy. I know you can do much but I need your advice.
Also please make dua for me that Allah makes me a good muslim.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-12-2010, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Edit
I need your help and duas, I think I am a pure hypocrite but I want to change but everytime I want to change I fall back to hypocrisy. I know you can not do much but I need your advice.
Also please make dua for me that Allah makes me a good muslim
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, can you elaborate for us and give us examples?

cat eyes
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
hypocrites usually don't diagnose themselves :) so your the first person i know who admitted that you think you are a hypocrite. can u tell me why you think you are a hypocrite? and do you really know how bad the hypocrites heart is??

islamlover_girl
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
No you aren`t hypocrate,hypocrate people never seek beeing better ones,may be satan told you that you are a hypocrate to make you believe him and turn hypocrate,don`t leston to him.
Do good things when no body see you but Allah,then you will be sure that you aren`t a hypocrate as you do good deeds only for the sake of Allah nobody else see you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tw009
01-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Just remember the fact that Allah will forgive all your sins, if your sincere to Him and do not repeat your sins. This is a good sign that you know you are being a hypocrite. If you try to change your actions and believes surly Allah will help you in doing so. Keep in mind this verse '' Surely, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves" ( 13:11)

tango92
01-12-2010, 06:10 PM
fear Allah, that fear will come with knowledge of the unseen

the only facts available on the heareafter can be found in the quran and authentic hadith

a good place to start...
surahs:
kafiroon
tur
zumar
fajr

desert winds
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
if it makes you feel better i think to some extent we are all hypocrits,
sometimes i do things i would ever let my child do, we just have to try our best, if you have the intention Allahswt will aid you.

AnonymousPoster
01-13-2010, 05:07 AM

Yes, i'm afraid I was or still am a hypocrite, but I want to change, because I don't like how bad my heart has become. Im tired of sinning all the time, I need help i think, i make a lot of sins everyday.
For example lying: This has become a habit because I usually try to avoid problems or forgot about something and I would lie about it, because it just comes out of my mouth so quickly, I don't know how to stop this. Now it has become a big problem,because I seem to lie always, it has become a sort of habit I think.

AnonymousPoster
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Anyone? I really could use the advice.

lifeguard
01-14-2010, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I was listening to a lecture yesterday from Sheikh Khalid Yasin...in which he said a few things which stick to my mind but none more so than, "Prophet Muhammad (saw) said that our faith keeps fluctuating. We have to hold on tightly to the rope of Allah". Means one day it goes up the next day it hits a low.

So as someone said earlier, if you practise Islam more, worship Allah more, offer salah with concentration and sincerity, it will get you closer to Allah and once you're closer to Allah, He will help you in whatever problems you have.

For me I try to keep my iman strong by listening to lectures, as those scholars words can really hit you deep as compared to reading.

Try search on youtube for sheikh khalid yasin or zakir naik or islam lectures videos.

It helps me get closer to Allah. It helps me when if I feel that I'm going to do something wrong, I reflect on what I heard in the lecture. And avoid it for the fear of Allah and my grave and Judgement Day.

Hope that helped. May Allah ease your problems and keep Shaitan away from you. Ameen.

lifeguard
01-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Just to add to the above, there is this lecture from Khalid Yasin i think it's called ''our beginning our end'' in which he talks about how judgement day would be where our deeds would be weighed and how we will be raised up alive with our mouths sealed. The hot winds will be blowing on our faces with the sun a mile away from us.

Then he also talks about how jannah would be and what bounties and rewards Allah has instore for us if we do good in this world.

All narrations taken from hadees. It really made me think hard and ponder what the purpose of this life is. And what effects doing bad things has on us in this life and the hereafter (which is of course the eternal life).

It really helped me last night when i listened. As this morning I feel different abt life. :)

cat eyes
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Yes, i'm afraid I was or still am a hypocrite, but I want to change, because I don't like how bad my heart has become. Im tired of sinning all the time, I need help i think, i make a lot of sins everyday.
For example lying: This has become a habit because I usually try to avoid problems or forgot about something and I would lie about it, because it just comes out of my mouth so quickly, I don't know how to stop this. Now it has become a big problem,because I seem to lie always, it has become a sort of habit I think.
:sl:are these big lies or small lies? i am asking because if they are small lies for example like lying about what you cooked you can finish these bad habits easily but i have met liars in my life time and they would lie about major things and it is usually because something happened in there past that they can't let go of or forget and it has left a mental scar on them so if it is major brother i would suggest counseling for you really. this is serious and needs urgent help

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Brother?Sister
I'm going through the same problem as you. I keep making resolves and I keep breaking them. I feel so terrible and I still feel that way. Its like I know Allah loves me 99 times as much as a mother loves her child and so I'm starting to take Allah for granted which is the worst thing that can happen to a Muslim. I've realized it the hard way that I can't please myself by displeasing the creator and I've also recognized the fact that even if you upset the creation (fellow humans) in the way of pleasing Allah then nobody's upset with you. We become hypocrites when we start to value something as more important than Allah (a terrible thing to do).

For me, I've found SINCERE REPENTANCE to be the only way. Allah says it many times in the Qur'an that you will indeed find him "Oft-forgiving, Most-Merciful". You need to believe that and turn to him with all your heart.

You mentioned about lying, well you lie because you don't wanna upset somebody but you're forgetting that you're gonna make Allah angry by doing this and how would your work possibly reach a happy end when you angered the Lord on its way??? Bro/Sis, firstly stop getting into situations where you have to lie i.e. complete your work on time and even if because of some reason you get stuck somewhere and you can't find a way out except by lying, DO NOT LIE even then, I repeat, DO NOT LIE. Just remember that if you'll be truthful about it then you'll be having Allah on your side and even if you get into some trouble for lying or get punished then Allah will make it easy for you to tolerate it and inshAllah you'll get rewarded in the hereafter as well for having gone through trouble just because you spoke the truth and took the bad-times with patience.

I know that its easy to say all this because I'm in a habit of lying myself but you gotta stop this suicidal stuff or else who knows we might end this way and get raised up on the day of Judgment doing an action which displeases Allah. The benefit that you can earn by sinning will be very little even in this world but its punishment will be way too heavy in the next life. Similarly, the problems that you might face for being honest will be little in this world but in the next life, you'll get rewarded loads and loads for it.

Allah is the All-Powerful. All success is from Him. He's the one who can either honour or humiliate His servant. Whatever you earn by displeasing Allah is hollow.

Allah is the All-Powerful, keep this in mind every second.

May Allah ease your trouble and guide you to the straight path. Ameen.

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Jazak'allahughair for all of your advice, I made me think before I do something next time. May Allah bless you all and guide us all. :(

Hamza Asadullah
01-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, firstly we need to have fear and hope in Allah:

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

One must be hopeful of Allahs mercy and forgiveness and fearful of His punishment. It is this fear that should lead one to seek Allahs forgiveness with hope. Allah says:

Know that Allah is severe in punishment and that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Surat al-Maaidah 5:98)

In the above verse, Allah gives us reason to fear because His punishment is justly severe, as well as good reason to have hope, since He is the Most Forgiving and Merciful. There should be a balance between fear and hope and not too much or too less of one or the other.

We should always remain between fear and hope. For, the right and the approved kind of fear is that which acts as a barrier between the slave and the things forbidden by Allah. But, if fear is excessive, then the possibility is that the man will fall into despair and pessimism.

On the other hand the approved state of optimism is of a man who does good in the light of the Shari'ah and is hopeful of being rewarded for it. Or, conversely, if a man committed a sin, he repents sincerely, and is hopeful of being forgiven. Allah (swt) said:

"Verily, those who believed, and those who migrated and fought in the way of Allah, it is they who are hopeful of Allah's mercy. And Allah is very Forgiving, very Merciful." (Al-Baqarah, 218)

In contrast, if a man indulges in sins and excesses, but is hopeful that he would be forgiven without doing anything good, then, this is self-deception, mere illusion and false hope.

Abu 'All Rowzbari has said, "Fear and hope are like the two wings of a bird. If they are well balanced, the flight will be well balanced. But, If one is stunted, the Right would also be stunted. And, to be sure, if the two are lost, the bird will soon be in the throes of death."

Allah has praised the people of hope and fear in the following verse:

'Is one who worships devotedly during the night, prostrating himself or standing, fearing the Hereafter, and hoping for the mercy of his Lord (is equal to him who doesn't do these things)?' (Al Zumar, 9)

Hope then also demands fear. If that was not the case, one would be in a state of false security. Conversely, fear demands hope. Without that it would be despair.

Fear and hope, both should be equally proportioned in our hearts, in our worship, and in our dua to Allah. Allah says:

Call out to Him with fear and hope. (Surat al-Araaf 7:56)

They forsake their beds to call their Lord in fear and hope. (Surat as-Sajdah 32:16)

Secondly we need to sincerely repent to Allah having hope of his mercy:

Allah says: O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and you would then seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you.

When a person sins and then sincerely turns to Allah for forgiveness, one will find Allah ready to accept his repentance and to forgive him, as this verse indicates:

And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself, but then seeks forgiveness from Allah, he will find Allah forgiving and merciful. (Surat an-Nisaa 4:110)

Everyone commits sin and does wrong, but Allah is always willing to forgive and He always gives them a chance to repent and seek His forgiveness. A believer should never forget the fact that Allah is so forgiving. If Allah had willed, He could have held everyone accountable for his or her sins, but He has decreed that He shall allow His servants to seek His forgiveness and that He shall in fact forgive who and what He wills. In fact, Allah commands that His servants seek His forgiveness:

And seek Allahs forgiveness. Certainly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Surat al-Muzzammil 73:20)

Repentance is an act, which purifies the soul and brings the servant closer to Allah. It puts the heart at rest from guilt. It protects one from falling prey to his desires and lusts and increases his faith.

We must ask ourselves this question:Would we be willing to forgive anyone who hurts us and disobeys us constantly as easily as Allah is Able to forgive? Most probably, the answer would be no. But our Creator is the Most Kind and He is the Most Perfect.

Lo! Allah is a Lord of Kindness to mankind, but most of mankind give not thanks. (Surat al-Baqarah 2:143)

In Hadithi Qudsi, mankind is encouraged to seek Allahs forgiveness and repent, but there are five conditions of repentance, which must be met for ones repentance to be accepted. They are:

The first and most important is that the act of repentance be sincerely for Allah alone.

Secondly, the person must feel remorse and guilt over his actions so much so that he wished he had never done it in the first place.

The third condition is that the person must immediately cease performing the wrong and sinful act.

Fourthly, the repentant person must have a firm intention to never commit the sin again.

And lastly, the person must repent before it is too late, meaning before death approaches.

Thirdly we need to Have good manners, character and be humble!

Many of us think that “a perfect Muslim” is simply one who is correct in the observance of the salah (ritual Prayer), the fasting, the zakah (payment of a certain portion of one’s wealth to the poor), and the Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah). This indeed is not the case.

If the ritual observances do not help the person to be humble, virtuous and truly God-fearing, then he or she is not a real Muslim. A Muslim should be good and just in dealing with others, no matter their religion, and take special care to keep away from all the shameful and sinful things Allah has forbidden.

One can never get close to Allah by being arrogant, full of pride and having a bad character and manners. Those who have humility and are humble and have good character and manners are the closest to Allah and Allah raises their ranks in the hereafter. The best person is the one who is best towards others.

The superiority of good character:

Hadrat Abu Darda, may Allah be pleased with him, relates that the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said, “Nothing is heavier in the scales of a believer on the Day of Judgement than his good behaviour. Allah detests a person who is obscene and shameless”. (Tirmidhi)

The best friend in the sight of Allah is he who is the well-wisher of his companions, and the best neighbour is one who behaves best towards his neighbours. (Tirmidhi)

Having humility and being humble:

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "He who was humble for the sake of God by one degree, God (SWT) would then elevate them to a degree till they reach the uppermost of high Orders, and he who was arrogant to God (SWT), God (SWT) would then lower him for a degree till he reaches the lowest of low Orders", (Narrated by: Muslim (Hadeeth: 6535).

Al-Nawawi said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“And no one humbles himself before Allaah but Allaah will raise him (in status).”

Humbleness is to know the value of oneself, to avoid pride, or disregarding the truth and underestimating people. As the Prophet sallallahu`alaihi wa sallam said, according to Muslim and others, "Al-Kibr is rejecting the truth and looking down upon people" [Muslim, Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

Humbleness is for one who is important and significant and he fears to gain notoriety or to become too great among people. Humbleness is that one should humble himself with his companions.

Humbleness is to humble oneself to one who is below you. If you find someone who is younger than you, or of less importance than you, you should not despise him, because he might have a better heart than you, or be less sinful, or closer to Allah than you. Even if you see a sinful person and you are righteous, do not act in arrogance towards him, and thank Allah that He saved you from the tribulation that He put him through.

Remember that there might be some riyaa' or vanity in your righteous deeds that may cause them to be of no avail, and that this sinful person may be regretful and fearful concerning his bad deeds, and this may be the cause of forgiveness of his sins.

Humbleness is that your deed should not become too great in your eyes. If you do a good deed, or attempt to get closer to Allah ta`ala through an act of obedience, your deed may still not be accepted, "Allah only accepts from those who have taqwa (fear of Allah)." (Surat al-Maida: 27)

Humbleness is that, when you are advised, if Shaytaan calls you to reject the advice, you must negate him. Because the purpose of advice is that your brother points out the defects that you have.

The arrogant never gives credit to anybody or mentions good about someone, and if he needed to do so, he would also mention five defects of that person. But if he hears somebody reminding him about his own defects, he will not be flexible nor comply due to his inferiority complex. This is why it is among man's moral integrity to accept criticism or comment without any sensitivity or discomfort or feelings of shame and weakness.

We can summarize the teachings of Islam about the Muslim character in the following list:

Be truthful in everything, don’t lie.
Be sincere and straightforward, don’t be hypocritical.
Be honest, don’t be corrupt.
Be humble, don’t be boastful.
Be moderate, don’t be excessive.
Be reserved, don’t be garrulous.
Be soft-spoken, don’t be loud.
Be refined and gentle in speech, don’t curse and use foul language.
Be loving and solicitous to others, don’t be unmindful of them.
Be considerate and compassionate, don’t be harsh.
Be polite and respectful to people, don’t be insulting or disrespectful.
Be generous and charitable, don’t be selfish and miserly.
Be good natured and forgiving, don’t be bitter and resentful.
Share and be content with what Allah has given you, don’t be greedy.
Be cheerful and pleasant, don’t be irritable and morose.
Be chaste and pure, don’t be lustful.
Be alert and aware of the world around you, don’t be absent-minded.
Be dignified and decent, don’t be graceless.
Be optimistic and hopeful, don’t be cynical or pessimistic.
Be confident and have deep faith, don’t be doubtful and wavering.
Be spiritually oriented and not materialistic.
Be confident of the mercy of Allah, don’t be despairing and lose heart.
Be diligent and vigilant of your duties, don’t be negligent.
Be thankful to Allah and constantly pray to Him, don’t be forgetful of His innumerable blessings.

Finally we should stop wasting time over the past and change NOW before death overtakes us. Yes we have made mistakes! Yes we have sinned but who has'nt? Do you think you are alone? Why let shaythan stop you from repenting and changing yourself? Our enemy wants to make us lose hope and give up but will we let him? NEVER!

We have the time now to change ourselves and become better Muslims. So let us use this valuable and precious time! We can do ANYTHING if we put our mind to it, shaythan can only whisper for it is our choice what we do! We have power ovr ourselves and we WILL go towards Allah and reject our enemy shaythan!

We have time now to go towards Allah and do good. So what are we waiting for? Let us waste NO more time and go towards Allah and ask of him sincerely to help us change and let us have Rasulallah(Pbuh) as our role model in life and improve ourselves everyday!

If we have the fear of Allah and we realise that he is watching us all the time then we will abstain from many sins.

So let us realise he is watching us and let us think twice before ANY action and finally let us spend our short life which can end at ANY second pleasing Allah and going as close as possible towards him!

Here are some very beneficial threads and articles for you:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...563#post446563

Overcoming laziness and Procrastination

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...rocrastination

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html

10 Steps getting Closer Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ser-allah.html

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

What Can You Do in 10 Minutes?

http://www.islamicboard.com/words-wi...0-minutes.html

Remembering Death

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...embering-Death

A talk with the self

http://www.islamicboard.com/words-wi...talk-self.html

Desires and Calamities

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...alamities.html

The Four Poisons of the Heart

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ons-heart.html

Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...-s-memory.html

Please listen these very beneficial talks:

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 1/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7ZQtHl0s

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 2/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_2sVGMW08

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 3/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmzA2hk1Bo

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 4/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km39GfL62TQ

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - The Journey of the Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwHEXE3-n0

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

Appreciate your mother or you will regret it forever!- This will make you cry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4NwYrlqkcY

If you need any more help with anything at all then please don't hesitate to ask me. Please remember me in your dua's. :wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.