/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tatbir (sunni/shia'a matter)

roohani.doctor
01-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Salam

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section.

I recently came across a facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=241914459681

After reading the following passage, I wouldn't know how to islamically answer someone who asks me why I dont agree with Tatbir.
imsad

The most explicit proof of self-inflicted injury comes from Owais al-Qarni the great Muslim Sahabi, praised by both Shi'a and Sunni erudite. He had an immense love for the Holy Prophet (s). When the news reached him in Yemen that two teeth of the Holy Prophet (s) were broken in the battle of Ohad, he extracted all his teeth. When the Holy Prophet got the news in Medina that Owais had struck down all his teeth, he (s) exclaimed, "Indeed Owais is our devoted friend". This event can be found written in 'Seerate Halbia' vol II, page 295.

The renowned Sunni Scholar Shiekh Farid al Din Attaar in 'Tadhkhirah tul Awliya' Urdu translation page 17 and 18 writes:

" Uways Qarni (ra) said to Umar Khattab : 'If you were true in friendship than why on the day when the holy teeth of the Prophet (s) were broken didn't you break your teeth in companionship? Because, it is a condition of companionship.' Then he (Uways Qarni)showed his teeth all of which were broken and said 'I broke all of my teeth without seeing you (O Prophet) and in the state of Ghaybah in your companionship. I had broken one tooth but couldn't get satisfaction so kept on breaking them one by one until I had broken them all '".

Would someone please explain? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
roohani.doctor
01-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Anyone?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
:sl:
i dont know the answer to your question (ask a reputable sunnah shieikh), but i will tell you that people will derive the strangest of strange interpretations of ayah's and hadiths as to back thier points up. make sure you understand the evidence they use IN CONTEXT :)

hanif_
02-10-2010, 03:21 AM
:sl:

londonfog:

We suggest you read some history from the prospective of those who adhere to the Sunnah regarding how this practice was established.

DISCLAIMER: WE ARE JUST PROVIDING A LINK THAT EXPLAINS FROM A THE SUNNAH PROSPECTIVE ON TATBIR ORIGIN.

http://islamictalk.tausugnet.com/ind...showposts;u=93

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Tatbir is a forbidden act of self-mutilation that the Shia has developed after the death of Hussein Ibn Ali -R.A.A.-. It has no place in Islam.

The story mentioned is fabricated and the "great" sunni sheikh mentioned is actually a sufi cultist promoting awleya culture and other fabrications as well.

What you are facing with this highly twisted form of article writing is what Shia call "Toqya". Toqya is one part lying to Sunnis in showing them kindness and denial of companion-bashing and other abominable acts that a Sunni person will abhore, and the other part is deliberate fabrication of "brotherhood" between Sunni and Shia through such stories to make Sunni scholars look unreasonable when they teach people that Shia practices are not of Islam and muslims should never embrace any such innovated practices. They consider it "da'wah".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.