/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When is Eid in 2010?

Najm
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

What are the possible dates for Eid for 2010?? Need to book my holidays......

JazakAllah Khair in advance

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
01-14-2010, 01:36 AM
:sl:
I found on an indian site that Eid ul Fitr 2010 is on 10 September to 12 September but Allah knows best. :)
:wa:

Insaanah
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM

In my diary Eid ul Fitr date is given as 9th Sep, Eid al Adha 16th Nov.

Past three years it's been correct (apart from one occasion when it was out by one day).

Best to book off a few days, just in case.

Allah knows best.

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Darn in that case there can't be a wedding in August because it is Ramadhan!!!:heated::hiding::heated:imsadimsad:heat ed::heated:Better change all my plans! I should have known this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Darn in that case there can't be a wedding in August because it is Ramadhan!!!:heated::hiding::heated:imsadimsad:heat ed::heated:Better change all my plans! I should have known this.
Change your wedding date. Not all your plans.

ardianto
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Wa alaikumsalam.
In my diary Eid ul Fitr date is given as 9th Sep, Eid al Adha 16th Nov.
That's only estimation. If you want to know exactly when is Eid in 2010, you must wait Ulama's statement one or two days before Eid.

Eid date in one place is possible to be different than another place. Even Indonesian Muslims usually celebrate Eid in two different date, except last Eid. That's because majority of Indonesian Muslims follow Shafi'i madhab. And according to Shafi'i madhab, Muslims cannot watch 'hilal' through the country's border. But Indonesian Muslims from other madhabs follow result of 'hilal' watching in Makah and Madinah. Usually 'hilal' in Makah was seen one day earlier than Indonesia.

Alhamdulillah, there's no conflict that caused by this difference. :)

Insaanah
01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That's only estimation. If you want to know exactly when is Eid in 2010, you must wait Ulama's statement one or two days before Eid.

Yes. Some people have to book all their annual leave for the year in January, and the brother asked for possible dates. Thats why I gave the brother the dates in my diary, so he knows roughly when, and I said it's best that he books a few days off, as we all know that the days are estimation. In some companies, you can't book your annual leave just a few days before you need it, and have to book the whole lot at the beginning of the year.

Jazaakallah for your post though.

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2010, 07:24 AM
:sl: Eid ul Fitr will be either 9 or 10th September and Eid ul Adha will be 16th November inshallah. So it is best to take those dates off.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.