/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here go to the gym?

Blackpool
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What workouts do you do?

I'm mostly into my cardio and abdominal exercises. I attend to the gym 4 or 5 times a week.

Today is my day off. I usually do 1 hour on the treadmill at the speed of 12.0 and 30 minutes on the bike.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohammed_alim
01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
iv been going for about 6 months now bt have been off past 3 weeks due to feeling lazy and work timetable. am tryin bulk up so i have a routine for chest, back , arms ect on differnt days.... but when it comes to the day to work on stomache i skip it lol to much effort for stomache lol... b4 i got married i told my wife ill have a 6 pack by the time we tie the knot its been 1 year now and iv still got my big 1 pack!

Ramadhan
01-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, usually in the morning before going to work.
This is my routine: 45 mins cardio, 15 mins moderate weights and 15 mins swim.
I also do yoga twice a week.
Sometimes I joined the classes of pilates, fitball core or bodypump.

But I've been off in the past 3 weeks. I had to travel out of town for a week, and then once my routine was disrupted, it was really hard to get back into it again. And I've been eating a lot! So I've gained 2 kilos, and my muscles are already turning into fat! :(

Raaina
01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I did go to the gym, I haven't been for about 2 months though because I've hurt my knee.
I did lots of cardio - Cycling, stepper, cross trainer and rowing machine and I also pushed weights.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamayun
01-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I do gym 5 days a week.

Mainly bulking up. Aim is to be the same size and shape as Sylvester Stallone (but with bigger legs).

aadil77
01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Yh this can turn into one of them boasting threads, we've had a member before who would just go on and on about himself joining the army, being a street fighter, benching 200lbs etc and I ended up humiliating him badly, he never came back.

Just to let you know it wasn't cause I was jealous or anythin lol, so lets avoid threads like this please

Raaina
01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yh this can turn into one of them boasting threads, we've had a member before who would just go on and on about himself joining the army, being a street fighter, benching 200lbs etc and I ended up humiliating him badly, he never came back.

Just to let you know it wasn't cause I was jealous or anythin lol, so lets avoid threads like this please
I see, so you chase away boasters..

Are you good with forum trolls as well? ;D

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:00 PM

LOL ;D that guy I remember!! lol.

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 06:00 PM
use to go to gym but stopped going because the girls are not separated from the men so its awkward imsad

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
use to go to gym but stopped going because the girls are not separated from the men so its awkward imsad
Sister where I am they have female only slots :)

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
Sister where I am they have female only slots :)
they don't where i live. there is men walking around in tight shirts and shortsimsad

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:05 PM
they don't where i live. there is men walking around in tight shirts and shortsimsad
imsad don't worry you'll be able to go gym soon probably :p

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
imsad don't worry you'll be able to go gym soon probably :p
i am planning to work out in my home :p

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:11 PM
i am planning to work out in my home :p

good idea me too you can never be too careful when it comes to protecting your modesty ;D

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
good idea me too you can never be too careful when it comes to protecting your modesty ;D
lol planning to work on my abs and get a six pack;D:shade:

aadil77
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
LOL ;D that guy I remember!! lol.
yh you remember? I couldn't believe some of things he would say; that he's 16 and has a gun, does boxing training every day, loves to have fights, he used to try quite hard to pretend he wasn't boasting, but Its obvious he wasn't trying hard enough. +o(

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
lol planning to work on my abs and get a six pack;D:shade:
LOL you'll have to do lots of cardio work for that which involves getting out of breath to burn the fat and expose the muscles ;D

KittenLover
01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
yh you remember? I couldn't believe some of things he would say; that he's 16 and has a gun, does boxing training every day, loves to have fights, he used to try quite hard to pretend he wasn't boasting, but Its obvious he wasn't trying hard enough. +o(

yeah lol, he used to say having street fights is a good thing and there's nothing like a good fight lol. :hmm:

the only fighting that is justified in my eyes is fighting in the cause of allah :)

glo
01-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I used to go to the gym - but only because a friend passed on her membership to me when she left the country.
It was a lovely little 'Ladies only' gym ( suitable also for the muslimahs in our neighbourhood).

When the membership ran out, I didn't renew it. I can't afford it to be honest.

I love exercising though, and tend to do it the cheap way: lots of walking and sometimes running outdoors, cycling to work and (occasionally) toning exercises at home.

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I used to go to a mixed gym but i couldn't handle the fitna so i left..i have now lost mass as a result

bewildred
01-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I actually work out at home. I do some stepper and rowing. I wight lift just to keep up some muscle. Sighs.... At least I keep the illusion,lol. However, it's very difficult to keep motivated when being alone.

aadil77
01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
I used to go to a mixed gym but i couldn't handle the fitna so i left..i have now lost mass as a result
Join a boxin gym, a good one. Theres no fitna because its all men and no women. If you go regularly to a good club they'll train you solid, you'll do loads of military style excercises whilst gettin shouted at, keeps you motivated and you have no choice but to workout hard.

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Join a boxin gym, a good one. Theres no fitna because its all men and no women. If you go regularly to a good club they'll train you solid, you'll do loads of military style excercises whilst gettin shouted at, keeps you motivated and you have no choice but to workout hard.
But ive already paid a year's membership at the uni's gym...i tried going in the morning when theres less traffic but its still too much :hmm:

aamirsaab
01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
:sl:
Only thing I'd do at the gym would be punchbag work-outs. But it's probably more cost-effective overall to buy a free-standing one and beat the crap out of it at home.

aadil77
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
But ive already paid a year's membership at the uni's gym...i tried going in the morning when theres less traffic but its still too much :hmm:
Yh thats standard with uni gyms, you'll just have to find times when all the pissheads are out, friday night, saturday night, mosts nights lol

also durin the summer, when no ones there

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
I used to go to the gym two years ago for a couple of weeks and I only gained weight :embarresed: :(but I really want to start again, inshallah. :(

aadil77
01-13-2010, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Only thing I'd do at the gym would be punchbag work-outs. But it's probably more cost-effective overall to buy a free-standing one and beat the crap out of it at home.
which gym do you go to bro? Because if you only do bag work you should go to a boxin gym

aamirsaab
01-13-2010, 08:40 PM
which gym do you go to bro? Because if you only do bag work you should go to a boxin gym
Oh no I don't actually go to one. I was being hypothetical.

I would join but I'm busy with a masters. That aside, do you know of any (boxing or non) in leicester?

aadil77
01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Oh no I don't actually go to one. I was being hypothetical.

I would join but I'm busy with a masters. That aside, do you know of any (boxing or non) in leicester?
The best one is meant to be chris pyatts in town, he's an ex heavyweight champion but supposed to be a bit messed in the head, I haven't been there yet. I go to leicester nirvana abc off melton road (don't worry no freshies go there) I think the guy there is an aba trainer, the training is proper intense, you need crap loads of stamina to keep up (lol I don't have any), but you get results straight away. Join up I'd like to finally meet someone from LI :p

Blackpool
01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I used to go to the gym two years ago for a couple of weeks and I only gained weight :embarresed: :(but I really want to start again, inshallah. :(
You gained weight either by MUSCLE or you thought "I've done this today so I can eat anything I like."

The 1st week I started the gym I didn't lose a single gram after 6 days of continuous cardio. On the 10th day it started shedding at some pace. I eat alot of carbs as I like to build abdominal muscles. Muscle weighs more than fat so the scales are usually pointless.

There's a few guys at work that weigh themselves on these huge scales. They never go to the gym, drink loads of alcohol and eat meat, eggs, cheese, fish etc.
I go to the gym virtually everyday and I weigh MORE than them but I'm more healthier than them and I look it. I don't eat meat, egg, cheese, fish and don't drink much alcohol at all but they STILL weigh less than me.

Beardo
01-14-2010, 12:08 AM
I go on the treadmill every day Alhamdulillah.

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I go on the treadmill every day Alhamdulillah.
come on! rashad you don't go on no treadmill

Beardo
01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
come on! rashad you don't go on no treadmill
How would you know? :exhausted

And yes I DO! :hiding: Every day.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-14-2010, 01:23 AM

One word: P90X :shade:

AlHoda
01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad

One word: P90X :shade:
And what is P90X, if I may ask? I really need to keep up with this world :hiding:

tw009
01-14-2010, 01:29 AM
^ lol dont worry, your not the only one. :P

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I do I do I do ;D

7 days a week:exhausted

2 hours of cardio and 2 weight lifting

I feel absalutely DEAD:skeleton: at the end of a day.

I go at 6 am in the morning:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-14-2010, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
And what is P90X, if I may ask? I really need to keep up with this world :hiding:
One of the best workout programs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X

syilla
01-14-2010, 07:36 AM
All of you should post before and after weight. Share your experience how it makes you feel (feeling healthy, much stronger, able to do lots of activities, not feeling tired).

Back to the original question, no i don't :hmm: I'm one of those people who only jogs.

Blackpool
01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I do I do I do ;D

2 hours of cardio and then 2 hours of weight lifting immediately after? I bloody hope not. You're supposed to have at least a 2hr rest before you can even think about weight lifting after cardio. You'll end up burning off your muscles rather than your fat when it comes to the weight lifting :skeleton:

M.B
01-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Alhamdulliah i get to go twice a week on mondays and wednesday afternoons with my friend i rellay get tired its very hard i have to say.

:w:

aadil77
01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I do I do I do ;D

7 days a week? lol your body won't get time to recover or build muscle, you need at least 2-3 days of rest to get max results

S_87
01-14-2010, 01:24 PM
i use this mostly which is very good:

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
2 hours of cardio and then 2 hours of weight lifting immediately after? I bloody hope not. You're supposed to have at least a 2hr rest before you can even think about weight lifting after cardio. You'll end up burning off your muscles rather than your fat when it comes to the weight lifting :skeleton:
Egads! No!.....I will do 2 hours of cardio in the morning. Then afetr work or at around 7pm or so i will go to the gym and weight lift. So on average i will have a 8-12 break between workouts.

I don't think i could pick up a 5 pound weight after 2 hours of cardio:exhausted;D

It has taken me yearrrrrrsssss to get where i am at now.:exhausted I am a pretty big dude......and i am not talking cellulite+o(

God bless.

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
7 days a week? lol your body won't get time to recover or build muscle, you need at least 2-3 days of rest to get max results
Depends on how long you have trained your body. I don't work out has hard on the weekends.:exhausted nBut that is the only break i will give myself.

Plus.....10 pounds of creatine, and good supplements always help;D

Clover
01-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Hey Pool! Glad to see you again man. I go to the gym. Here is what I do:

SS Modified. (Version of Starting Strength I made for my own gains):

SS Modified for Clover:

A-Days
Squat: 3x8
Bench: 3x8, 2x5
Dead: 2x8
Dumbbell Shrugs: 3x5, 2x10

B-Days:
Squat: 3x8
SBOP: 3x8, 2x5
Barbell Rows: 5x3, 3x5
Barbell Curls: 3x8

Then when I go back to Boxing we do this:

3-3 min rounds skipping rope
5 sets of 10 reps Ab Wheel
250 Kneel Ups (Calf Ups)
3-3 minute rounds Shadow Boxing (w/ 3lb dumbbells)
3-2 min rounds heavy bag
4/6-30 second rounds heavy bag (burnouts)
Then you can practice on whatever you want, including sparring.

For cardio, I do Speed Walking, Jogging/Running, and Cycling (machine, not bike). I plan to add a Elliptical to this to take it easier on my knees (they slide in and out, he said it'd "heal" over time...)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!