/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wilders challenges 'hate' charges

Uthman
01-13-2010, 09:10 PM
A Dutch court is hearing a petition by anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders to avoid criminal prosecution for allegedly inciting hatred against Muslims.Mr Wilders is one of the Netherlands' most popular politicians, having built his Freedom Party movement on anti-immigrant themes.

Charges against him stem from his March 2008 film Fitna, which juxtaposed verses from the Koran against images of terrorism by Islamic radicals.

He has also called for a ban on the Koran and said Muslim headscarves "pollute" the Dutch landscape.

Mr Wilders is expected to argue that his comments fell within the boundaries of freedom of speech and that elected officials must be allowed to speak their mind.

The Amsterdam court will rule on the petition within a week of the hearing.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I have enough of this man. :hmm:

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 09:22 PM
That man always makes my blood boil. It has been a while since I left Holland, so I haven't kept up with the news there, but it is sad to hear that politicians are allowed to discriminate by saying things like 'Muslim headscarves "pollute" the Dutch landscape.' . I mean this guy is asking for trouble, and I would certainly not mind if he ended up like THeo Van Gogh. :raging:

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 09:24 PM
And how is he is now going to ban The Holy Koran, I just don't get that. How can you be able to ban The Holy Koran. :confused: :hiding:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
he's an idiot, just like some homo idiots that tried to sue the authors of the bible because it was insensitive to gays

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Salaam alaikom to all,

First of all Wilders is an idiot. Hes an attention seeker and does this by making a fuss of everything. The politics her in Holland aint taking him seriously. Did you know he wanted women who wear Hijaab to pay taxes?? I swear the whole country had a laugh...

Salaam

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
And did you know he went to Turkey with other politicians and they refised to let him in?? Go Turkey!;D

Güven
01-13-2010, 09:54 PM
his petition was declined btw.

Life_Is_Short
01-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Why am i not surprised? :mmokay:

Brasco
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
There was a time, that books were banned - this was during Nazi-Germany. They (wilders' party) sated, once they fought nationalism, now it's time to fight Islamism. It seems, they are still pure nationalists! It just shows, how ignorant he is! Pathetic fool!

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 10:06 PM
You know the scary thing thats going on right now?? Everyone wants the prime minister we have now to resign, his name is Balkende. He made some bad descisions about the Iraqi war. Guess who has a big chance on taking his place?? --> Wilders!
Please make dua he wont make it to prime minister..Else were done for seriously...ill move to Morocco though i hate it there..

Salaam

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasiha21
You know the scary thing thats going on right now?? Everyone wants the prime minister we have now to resign, his name is Balkende. He made some bad descisions about the Iraqi war. Guess who has a big chance on taking his place?? --> Wilders!
Please make dua he wont make it to prime minister..Else were done for seriously...ill move to Morocco though i hate it there..

Salaam
:sl: he's not the first one, neither the last but they all end up in the same way. And Allah knows best.

Güven
01-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Salaam
If they gave us enough money to go back where we came from, I would be more than happy to move out. Even though I was born and raised here.

Incase he does become the prime minister( the chances are low though), this country would be in chaos. no not only this country, the whole world would be messed up.

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
If they gave us enough money to go back where we came from, I would be more than happy to move out. Even though I was born and raised here.

Incase he does become the prime minister( the chances are low though), this country would be in chaos. no not only this country, the whole world would be messed up.
:sl:

The man is just looking for trouble, if he was smart enough that others befor him ended in up in a ugly way. People like Pim Fortuin and Theo Van Gogh

Güven
01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

The man is just looking for trouble, if he was smart enough that others befor him ended in up in a ugly way. People like Pim Fortuin and Theo Van Gogh

Though It won't surprise me if he ended up the same.

but then I'm afraid he will be the one to win.

Skavau
01-14-2010, 07:39 AM

Excuse me sir, are you saying he should bow down to intimidation and threats?

I do not expect you would ask the same of Muslims speaking up or fighting what they perceive as repression. Yet you imply the same for Geert Wilders, that he should forfeit his right to an opinion because of threats of violence.

Do you not realise this is part of what he complains about? This is part of the image that you are contributing to? One of intimidation?

Irrespectively, concerning Geert Wilders. Yes he hates Islam, yes he's made some critical statements on it. But what hatred has he actually espoused? Has he implied violence? Has he threatened anyone?

The_Prince
01-14-2010, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau

I do not expect you would ask the same of Muslims speaking up or fighting what they perceive as repression. Yet you imply the same for Geert Wilders, that he should forfeit his right to an opinion because of threats of violence.

Do you not realise this is part of what he complains about? This is part of the image that you are contributing to? One of intimidation?

Irrespectively, concerning Geert Wilders. Yes he hates Islam, yes he's made some critical statements on it. But what hatred has he actually espoused? Has he implied violence? Has he threatened anyone?
you dont have to call for violence, or openly threaten someone to be a threat! what world are you living in? even you know it doesnt work like that.

for instance i can spread the worst and most evil propaganda about the Jews, that their backwards, their culture is inferior, evil, and their book is a terrorist manual that inspires terrorism and murder and violence etc etc, i can do all of this, yet i am not threatning anyone, nor calling for violence, but the propaganda i am creating is defintely going to stir trouble and make some people react.

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Traditionally, Sikh women also take scarf on their head. Is this kaafir going to ban them too?

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 07:52 AM

He is desensitizing people which could even lead to genocide of Muslims. Ask any unbiased historian.

Skavau
01-14-2010, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
He is desensitizing people which could even lead to genocide of Muslims. Ask any unbiased historian.
Don't be absurd.

That means any criticism of anything could involve desensitizing people and involve someone committing genocide because of this. No, people are responsible for their own actions.

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Don't be absurd.

That means any criticism of anything could involve desensitizing people and involve someone committing genocide because of this. No, people are responsible for their own actions.

But he certainly does contribute to it, if its not directly its indirectly.
You should come down to holland and were an Abaya and Hijaab.
See how much strange looks and comments you will get.
I always said when I have my own family I wont stay in Holland. This has became a bad climate for us to live in. Thats going in my marriagecontract by the way!:D

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Are you dutch by the way??

KAding
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Salaam
I don't think he has a chance of becoming prime minister. Really no chance. First he needs to become the largest party, which is almost unthinkable, as the Christian Democrats are still way ahead of him in polls. Even if his party does become the biggest he needs at least two other parties to make a majority. I just can't imagine anyone forming a government with him.

KAding
01-14-2010, 12:47 PM

He is under constant protection though, unlike Fortuyn and van Gogh, who literally had no security at all.

I don't think Wilders being killed would really be a good thing for Dutch Muslims. I really don't.

KAding
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM

True, he has never called for violence, although he did make some remarks that police should be using live ammunition against rioting football hooligans. The remarks were not targeted at Muslims as such, but I don't think it is a coincidence that some of the rioters were Moroccans.

For me the most unforgiving remark has been that he wants to ban the Qu'ran. He also occasionally compares the Qu'ran to Mein Kampf. That comparison is an important part of the trial actually. Mein Kampf is the only book in the Netherlands that is explicitly banned by law. Clearly he believes Islam is fascist. His opponents believe he is fascist. Neither is true IMHO.

But like Islamic extremism, we need to keep a close eye on him. I believe he is a threat to our freedoms.

Supreme
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
This man's views are so corrupt he makes Nick Griffin look like Jesus.

Abdul Fattah
01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I can't help but laugh at the irony of a guy who abuses freedom of speech to incite hatred, yet at the same times wants to ban books.

Uthman
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Wilders challenges court hearing

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
I can't help but laugh at the irony of a guy who abuses freedom of speech to incite hatred, yet at the same times wants to ban books.
You people have somebody like him as well right? I dunno his name, he looks a bit like Harry Potter but without the glasses. He sort of has the same thoughts as Wilders. You know the thing? I think they have had some bad experiences with foreign people in the past, thats why they kinda hate us..
Have you noticed Wilders made his hair white. When you look carefully you will see he has black hair underneith. I think maybe he had a foreign dad and he abandoned him or so. Gotta be some reason behind all this. Or maybe he got mugged by a foreigner in the past and he lost something valuable i dunno. I honestly think he didnt wake up one day and thought: lets hate on the foreigners..this is getting hilarious seriously:D

Argamemnon
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
He is determined to make the lives of Muslims miserable, not the other way around. He is also inciting hatred and spreading lies. I'm not surprised that you're supporting your fellow atheist brother.

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
He is determined to make the lives of Muslims miserable, not the other way around. He is also inciting hatred and spreading lies. I'm not surprised that you're supporting your fellow atheist brother.
Brother seriously why do you have to get like this?? Its just an opinion she or he has. Dont have to get like that all of a sudden...:)

Salaam you know: Peace?
Even to people we disagree with..

Do notice there are a lot of dutch people on this forum, surprising seriously

Supreme
01-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Brother seriously why do you have to get like this?? Its just an opinion she or he has. Dont have to get like that all of a sudden...:)

Salaam you know: Peace?
Even to people we disagree with..

Do notice there are a lot of dutch people on this forum, surprising seriously
I think there's one million Muslims in the Netherlands, out of 16 million people.

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
I ment in supposed to the other forum I was a member of be4 IB. I was the only dutch person there. Felt alone haha, nah just kiddin'!:D

Uthman
01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Dutch anti-Islam lawmaker faces hate speech trial

deepfreeze66
01-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Dutch MP in court over anti-Islam comments

Dutch MP in court over anti-Islam comments

Raaina
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Now how did I know that was going to be Geert Wilders :rollseyes

Uthman
01-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Anti-Islamic Dutch Lawmaker Faces Hate Speech Trial

★ηαѕιнα★
01-21-2010, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Now how did I know that was going to be Geert Wilders :rollseyes
Yeah that was a real braincracker wasnt it? :D

Uthman
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Geert Wilders in Dutch court over anti-Islam comments

KAding
01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
This whole trial will be a big PR show for Wilders. If he loses he'll be a 'martyr for free speech'. If he wins he'll feel strengthened and even more free to say anything he wants. Either way he wins politically.

This just shows once again why these 'hate speech' laws and trials are ineffective.

Supreme
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Wow. Facists dominate the Netherlands? I do hope there's not an election soon; if this 'Freedom Party' gets into power, it will have serious repercussions with the Netherlands' diplomatic relations with other Western countries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.