/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you were Prime Minister of Great Britain....

Blackpool
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
What laws would YOU implement?

What would you ban?

What would you change for the benefit of everyone?

What would you do differently?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Taxation of men to provide income for single mothers

What would you ban?
I would reduce alcohol consumption until finally banning it, the country would be much better of without it

Filtering entertainment and more youth clubs to correct our lost teenage kids and no more care homes

aadil77
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I would slowly implement islamic law, although most won't like it, it would benefit everyone. Some big changes would be:
-no alcohol
-islamic laws on drugs
-no immodest clothing in public
-no fornication or adultery
-islamic laws on stealing
-islamic laws on murder
-no free mixing
-no pork
-no filth on tv or internet or public advertisements
-no selling anythin thats forbidden (eg; alcohol, drugs etc)
-no smoking
-no prostitution
-no night clubs

and loads more, these are just off the top of my head, I'll add more as I remember them

In real life I'd rather just live in a muslim country, than hope these laws will go through

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 11:20 AM
i forgot to add one more thing we'll make a trade deal with India to get the finest fabrics for cheap so that the women don't have an excuse to look nakedly

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skavau
01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I would slowly implement islamic law, although most won't like it, it would benefit everyone. Some big changes would be:
-no alcohol
-islamic laws on drugs
-no immodest clothing in public
-no fornication or adultery
-islamic laws on stealing
-islamic laws on murder
-no free mixing
-no pork
-no filth on tv or internet or public advertisements
-no selling anythin thats forbidden (eg; alcohol, drugs etc)
-no smoking
-no prostitution
-no night clubs

and loads more, these are just off the top of my head, I'll add more as I remember them

In real life I'd rather just live in a muslim country, than hope these laws will go through
Its like the enlightenment never happened!

Yeah, its pretty obvious what the answer's gunna be on a Muslim forum where a worrying amount wish Islamic rule to control everyone's lives.

aadil77
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Its like the enlightenment never happened!

Yeah, its pretty obvious what the answer's gunna be on a Muslim forum where a worrying amount wish Islamic rule to control everyone's lives.
I wouldn't mind islamic rule just affecting muslims, but then there wouldn't be no point as it wouldn't work. Like I said I'd rather just live in a muslim country, I don't care for making non-muslims follow islamic law in their own countries

There are people with crazy ideas like these, eg; anjem choudry, but they're totally unrealistic and unnecessary when you can just go live in a muslim country

Raaina
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool

What would you ban?
The BNP :p

Ok in more serious terms.. i've no idea, this is hard :heated:

I heard yesterday, if you cleared snow from the path outside your house and other members of the public happen to slip on that area, you are liable.

What else? Oh where if you injure an intruder they get more rights then you.

This kind of rubbish needs to be bannished from the stupid political correctness of the country in order for the country to have a better attitude then " I'm just here to help myself".

For me this would be interesting to see what changes you would like to see in Britain as a muslim...[/QUOTE]

Well basically, I'd like to see more of a community spirit back into this nation. No of this PC crap we get, like above with the snow and intruders get more rights.

I'd like to see lower public transport costs to encourage people to actually use it. More flexible working situations for times when we get bad snow like this also for summer, when it's hot and we'd all like to work from home ;D (theres got to be a bit of give and take).

With the alcohol issue, I don't want to see it banned, just because I don't choose to do something doesn't mean I should enforce it on everyone but,

I'd like to see more controlled drinking, so we don't get people attacking ambulance crews who come out to help people. Same for the police.

Free prescriptions for people with incurable illness/diseses (Eg. Asmatics) provided they don't self inflict further problems on themselves, like an asmatic that smokes should have to pay for medication unless he/she makes a considerable effort to quit.

Less police paperwork.

I'd like to move away from "Where there's a blame, there's a claim" society.
Just accept accidents happen - end of. Unless its because of serious health and safety errors and carelessness of the responsibility of an employer.

Ban religious public preaching. People choose religion for personal reasons, I don't believe people should be preached to. If they are interested in a certain religion they can go to a place of worship and find out more.

Harsher punishments for crimes, none of this reduced jail sentences and 18 months community service. Harsh punishments would deter people.

I also think the government should legalise illegal drugs, so they can control what does into them and reduce drug misuse.

People should be free to wear what they like (provided they are not naked as the law currently stands) If they want to wear next to no clothes or want to cover themselves up, they should be allowed to wear what they want.

Theres probably more things that I haven't thought of, but that'll do for now.

Dagless
01-14-2010, 01:41 PM
What would you ban?

I wouldn't ban anything like alcohol, cigarettes, etc. I would just ensure people are educated better on why these things are bad, and have a lot of support if they want to quit. There would also be huge taxes on such products.

100% openness and honesty. None of this "we are on terror alert because of info we have... oh but we can't tell you what the info is or how we got it... just trust us though".

Let people decide on issues which will impact the whole country. Ie. should we go to war? The government would state their reasons (openly and honestly), and then there would be an INFORMED public vote. The people should decide their own destiny (*this is where i punch my fist into the air and everyone cheers*).

Rabi'ya
01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
:sl:

I wouldnt be PM (coz im female) lol, but if my husband was then I guess most of the things that have already been mentioned would be on my agenda too.

One thing I have always wondered is why there is no Muslim party standing for election in many parts of the UK?

Dagless
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~
:sl:

I wouldnt be PM (coz im female) lol, but if my husband was then I guess most of the things that have already been mentioned would be on my agenda too.

One thing I have always wondered is why there is no Muslim party standing for election in many parts of the UK?
Females can be PM - Margaret Thatcher?

Rabi'ya
01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Islamically....:)

Supreme
01-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Aside from this thread's flaws- the Prime Minister does not have the power to go around banning, implementing and changing things- not without Parliamentary approval and money at least- I would:

-Crush the nationalist movements in Scotland and Wales. None of this independence crap. We're stronger together. And bigger on a map.
-Deport nutcases. Nick Griffin, Anjam Choudary, David Cameron- none of them have a place here on British soil. If no contry wants them, I'd make a place for them at London Zoo. Ou revoir Dawkins too, if I feel like it!
-Develop closer ties with Russia and China. C'mon people- they RULE THE WORLD. We can't rely on the Yankees all the time, and anyway, developing closer relations with those countries can only be good.
-Invade France. It'd probably be a ten minute scrufflel with the French striving to find every white flag and model of the Eiffel Tower they can to fend of my British strength.
-Turn Westminster Cathedral into a Protestant megachurch.
-Put Union Jacks on every home, street corner and church. Just like in the States.
-Swap houses with the Queen.
-Ban elections.
-Spend millions towards cancer research.
-Have the cast of Coronation Street 'dealt with'.
-Declare Independence Day for Britain! Well, some sort of day where we can come together, eat turkey and think about Great Britain.
-Establish Truro, Cornwall as the second city.

Blackpool
01-15-2010, 01:33 AM
I'll answer my own questions here;

I would rip up the Human Rights Act immediately. No criminal/terrorist/extremists deserves rights. Abu Hamza for starters should have all of his rights stripped of him, his heating switched off and he should be made to earn his food in prison. Anjem Choudary and the likes would be stripped of their citizenship, have their benefits stopped and have them shipped back home.
As for immigration, I would change it vastly. I would close every asylum, block asylum seekers from entering the UK. I would deport ANY immigrant that comes here yet fails to contribute despite them having citzenship granted. That would be stripped. Once we've had the clearout I would look at the workforce, stop all benefits for non-working Brits and force them back into work. I would then look at the areas that are in need of workforce that no Brit can cover and look towards the EU to bring in only the migrants that are designed to do that specific job but no other. Once here they will have to do that job and if sacked/jacked in then they should be made to return home. Once all these benefits have been stopped, the accounts will be booming which would then lead me to my next thing. That is to increase the armed forces and the incentive for people to join such as high pay.

I would bring back capital punishment and treason.
I would eradicate political correctness and instill common sense in the UK. Parents' control the kids until 18 and are able to punish their children by force but not to the point that it would leave a mark. I would bring back caning into schools to punish pupils...

Although I don't smoke I would not ban alcohol or smoking as that is one of our biggest tax gains but I would encourage and help people to quit.

What would you ban?

I would ban the likes of Anjem Choudary, Abu Hamza and other sermons that glorify terrorism from ever setting foot on this isle again.

Hmm.. I would introduce microchipped cards that contain your data and other data. This card would be needed to be handed over to bar men/bar maids everytime you purchase an alcoholic drink. It would contain records of how many alcoholic drinks you had purchased each day. The limit would be 5 drinks or 2 shorts. Once the limit is reached you are unable to purchase another drink.
Like I said, I wouldn't ban it as it is good source of income in tax along with cigarettes.

I'd instill pride back into Britain and I would promote nationalism. Every public building would display the national flag next to the Union Jack.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.