/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What was your age when you were into Islam?

Samiun
01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters, as the days pass, more and more Muslims are becoming weak in their faith. Not following the 5 times prayer a day and lack of discipline. To they require maturity or age to be 'into' Muslim? having said that, I sense that more and more Muslims view that when a Muslim does anything that is a good deed in Islam, he/she is said to be Alim(The Knower of All)?

Shouldn't ALL Muslims be like that? Ie: doing good deeds, following the Sunnah, be kind to others, reading the Al-Quran and understanding it, etc2?

So what was you're age when you were into Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Mine was 17.

Rabi'ya
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I embraced Islam at the age of 17 but didnt really learn about prayer properly for a couple of years. I had no guidance :( but alhamdulillah I made it :)

Samiun
01-14-2010, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~
I embraced Islam at the age of 17 but didnt really learn about prayer properly for a couple of years. I had no guidance :( but alhamdulillah I made it :)
:sl: When u had no guidance, how did you actually learn about Islam? You're own research?If so, why didn't you take sat/sun Islamic school?Was it possible for you to go through without guidance from people(teachers) and only guidance from Allah S.W.T.? I find it quite hard not receiving guidance from teachers as I have to research almost everything in Islam. Allah S.W.T. Knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
i was into islam 13-14 then i had 3 -4 years of absolute madness and now im trying my best to purify myself from that madness and inshallah i will succeed

Predator
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
I was born a Muslim when I was six years old , Islamic studies was a subject at school from Grade 1 -8

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
:sl:

Born Muslim but not fully practising until I was about 18 or 19. I knew things coz my mom and grandmother taught me, otherwise it was mostly self research.

cat eyes
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
i reverted when i was 19 and been muslimah for two years now the first year i reverted i didnt know much i didnt know how to pray or anything i didnt know much about anything but i was taking tension because i thought i had to change over night i was not wearing the hijab just western clothes then only last year i started to wear jilbab and hijab etc everything came gradually i started to take classes and going to taleems i left my non muslim lifestyle and started being in a muslim environment.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Aslaamu-alaaykumm...
I was a born Muslim , but wasnt a practising Muslim..
so, i started pratising at the age of 15.
And the Miracle is, nobody forced mee to do things..e.g.pray salah,wear hijab,(which is quite common few people do things cos they feel they have to, without knowing the purpous and still sinning). I started doing everything by my own pace, not by force,but by the Guidance of the Allmighty and indeed never despair of His Mercy..
Wa-alaaykum Salaam.. :)

Mullah_Din
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Al Hamdu Lillaah, I was born as a Muslim in a household of righteous Ulamaa so I followed suit - great moments of my life!

waqas maqsood
01-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Alhamdullilah, Muslim by birth! Shukran Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.