/* */

PDA

View Full Version : being a scarfy

FREAK-A-ZOID
01-14-2010, 09:32 PM
most of the time iam NOT ascarfy but when i go to cusins homes iwear a scarfy i look like a muslim but sometimes i dont wear like to school because this girl gets teased for it but then when my cusins see me wearing scarfy to weddings they say im a on and off headjabi WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO!!!!!
OH im in najms home and his keyboard isFAT i cant do typing on it so sorry for any mistakes :phew:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Well, there are some decent looking scarves out there.

Not that I look at women, but I think women who wear scarves look "hotter" than women who do not wear scarves. You have to wear it confidently. Be a trend setter! Perhaps even your peers will become scarfys too.

Your aim should be to wear modest garments, but you could always match your scarves with your dresses or uniforms you wear to school.

I'm no fashioner, nor do I have it in my plans to become one. I'm just giving you another suggestion. :X

Life_Is_Short
01-14-2010, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teaj
OH im in najms home and his keyboard isFAT i cant do typing on it so sorry for any mistakes :phew:phew
Fat? How does that prevent you from typing properly? ;D

I thought you ment scruffy at first but then i thought hang on, why would you want to look scruffy? :?

Donia
01-15-2010, 02:59 AM
most of the time iam NOT ascarfy but when i go to cusins homes iwear a scarfy i look like a muslim but sometimes i dont wear like to school because this girl gets teased for it but then when my cusins see me wearing scarfy to weddings they say im a on and off headjabi WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO!!!!!
:sl:

Do not let the fear of being teased discourage you from wearing a scarf. People can treat you badly and tease you no matter what you're wearing or what your religious preference is. It is important to be happy with yourself and be who you really are.
Usually people tease because they are insecure about theirselves or they're afraid of something. That's their issue, not yours.
Wearing a scarf is something you're doing for Allah hopefully so who cares what other people think.
Go for the barakah! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
01-15-2010, 04:16 AM
:sl: Be a proud scarfy sis and don't worry about what others say. Tell them your wearing it to make Allah happy. Their views don't matter.

Pick good friends to hang around with who will benefit you and are practising and don't hang around with friends who gossip too much and backchat all the time about others.

Be proud that your a Muslim and be proud to wear the hijaab for the pleasure of Allah and let them know that your proud to. If they tease you then tell them you don't care because your doing it for Allah not for anyone else!

syilla
01-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Don't worry about what they say... Just try on different scarves until you find what you like... you can google and see that wearing scarves can be nicer than not wearing at all. So why they should tease? Even some teenagers do wear scarves...

So be brave and usually the teenagers who have principles will gain more respect. :)

tango92
01-15-2010, 06:18 AM
well hijab is one of the key ways for a muslimah to hold on to her deen. and it requires you to have a certain level of iman and bravery to wear it. so good on you if your at that stage

Innocent Soul
01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Assalamualaikum
Don't be a scarfy ;D. Please sis wear full hijab (I hope you understood).I don't like people wearing only a scarf.Don't hear your friends:heated:,they will have hundred views. Maybe after seeing you they may too start wearing.:hmm:

Rabi'ya
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM

sis safiya I really think yo just gave the best advice. I think you really summed it up.

Forget other peoples views. they are only with u for a number of hours each day. Allah is with you ALL THE TIME!! dont you care what Allah thinks??

:)

unknown_JJ
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
hey tahi, if ur avin scarfy issues, y didnt u tell me, i fink u just need help on putting it on properly, tazzes way is not very comfy and easy to control, maybe u shud wear a hat underneath and allow d cuzinz ( who woz it grr :@).

p.s our keyboard myt be bigger but its got the same size buttons!

cat eyes
01-15-2010, 05:11 PM
gosh its amazing if anyone laughed at me wearing the hijab or tried to tease me it wouldnt effect me because i am doing it for Allah only and not for them so have this type of thinking and believe that Allah is protecting you and watching over you and he won't allow any harm to come to you. BE STRONG. and put your full trust in Allah swt.

'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2010, 12:28 AM
WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO!!!!!
You act upon the commands of Allah and His messenger. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision [Ahzaab 33:36]

You will not find success anywhere except with Islaam. And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, fears Allah and keeps his duty (to Him) such are the successful [Noor 24:51-52]

So observe the hijaab at all times like Allah has commanded in al Qur'aan. Every time you take off your hijaab when you are meant to wear is a sin. Do not take sins lightly because you counted it a little thing while with Allah it was very great [Noor 24:15]

And if Allah decides to take vengeance for wrong doing then there is no who can be called for aid.

Such is the Seizure of your Lord when He seizes the (population of) towns while they are doing wrong. Verily, His Seizure is painful (and) severe.

Indeed in that (there) is a sure lesson for those who fear the torment of the Hereafter. That is a Day whereon mankind will be gathered together and that is a Day when all (the dwellers of the heavens and the earth) will be present [Hood 11:102-103]

FatimaK
01-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Salaam Teaj,

Here's a question: what's the biggest reason for you being 'scarfy' when you are? Lemme know and I'll let you in on a secret after you've answered :) and don't you worry! There's a solution to everything inshaAllah!

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2010, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
You made me laughy because you said scarfy :giggling:
Good sense of humour, brother.

★мαячαн★
01-16-2010, 08:48 PM

awws sis .. don't listen to them :)
listen to your heart and your lord, because only you know when you are ready to wear the scarf; and that is only through the guidance of your lord :)

and trust mee ii was in that position,,, urr friends get used to it and carry on loving you :) and if they don't then they obviously weren't good enough friends in the first place :D

abu salaahudeen
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
the scarf or any muslim attire is not for the purpose of setting trends rather it is to do with the worshipp of our Lord

to hell with anyone who look at you for doing something good and if they persist on mocking you then you should put them in their place.

Your a muslimah 1st and last

cool girl
01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
i av seen u in mosk!
u dont look bad in a scarff!!!!!!
be proud ov it sis!! :) :D

Life_Is_Short
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Modesty is women's beauty.

format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
p.s our keyboard myt be bigger but its got the same size buttons!
:giggling:

'Abd-al Latif
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
:salamext:

The full, complete Islamic hijaab is this:

And not this!

mish mash
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
u look good in a scarf!
i have seen u in masjid!!
:D :)

Somaiyah
01-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Simple. Since it's obligatory to wear hijab take it on and never take it off. And wear it proper and be proud of it. May Allah swt give you strength to do it, ameen.

FREAK-A-ZOID
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, now i'm older and wiser, and a 'scarfy', looking back at this thread makes me laugh.

ژاله
05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
^Assalamu alaikum. Are you the old Tasmiyah_B by any chance?
Seen you post after a loooong time:)

FREAK-A-ZOID
05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
nope thats my sister!

Scimitar
05-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Be a part time scarfy for as long as you want. The more people get used to seeing you in a scarf, the easier the transition will be for when you go full time scarfalicious... yup, made up word. But you know it makes total utter sense :D

As for cousins who say you are part time - tell them to mind their own business. You wearing a scarf is between you and Allah. Anyone else can wear their own scarf... or not.

Scimi

Periwinkle18
05-05-2012, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FREAK-A-ZOID
OH im in najms home and his keyboard isFAT i cant do typing on it so sorry for any mistakes
u neva told me that :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!