/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you relieve stress?

Donia
01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
How do you relieve stress?

My two favorites are exercising and cleaning. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abu_musab461
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Reciting Quran and brushing my teeth... (dont ask)

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
listening to the quran

spending time with my mum , making her laugh and reminding her how funny the look on her face was when i did the ''give me yo bag'' prank

Salahudeen
01-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Jumping up and down on my bed like a bouncy castle. :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-14-2010, 09:55 PM
sometimes doing nothing and thinking does the trick

i find being erratic can take away peace from the mind

Salahudeen
01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Doing something that makes you feel good is a positive way to remove stress, I find playing online video games and pwning noobs is also very beneficial in removing stress and then typing "HAHAHAHA PWNED NOOB I OWN YOU YEAH!!!!"

Beardo
01-14-2010, 09:58 PM
:sl:

I relieve stress by reading Qur'aan, listening to some Nasheed, cleaning, eating occasionally, reading, writing, laying down, biking, or just getting on to work.

Life_Is_Short
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Making life miserable for others. ;D

Note: I'm not a bad person.

Donia
01-15-2010, 02:43 AM
JazakALLAHu khayrun for all the responses.

Interesting. Lots of diversity.

I forgot to put listening to Quran on my list. Astaghfurillah. imsad

syilla
01-15-2010, 04:27 AM
ukhtee donia, i really have to follow you. i feel i need to do cleaning too when i'm stressed. most of the time i just feel like LIing...

MT2
01-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Listening to Quran or anasheed, writing poems about what's stressing me, watching homeland/family videos collage.

sister herb
01-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Break something.

:Evil:

tango92
01-15-2010, 07:14 AM
sometimes i solve math problems or demolish an opponent at table tennis. but lately i havent been too stressed out.

glo
01-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Prayer, repeating Bible verses to myself, and relaxation exercises.

Hamza Asadullah
01-15-2010, 08:01 AM
:sl:

1. Increase dhikr (remembrance of Allah): "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction (Qur'an, 13:28)."

2. Increase prayers: "O you who believe! Seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely, Allah is with the patient (Qur'an, 2:153)." Regardless of the type of meditation, recent studies have verified the physiological effects of meditation. Most of those mediations consist in focusing on something, repeating some words and breathing (Greenberg, p.142, 143).

3. Perform ablutions: The most important component of relaxation is what Hans Loehr calls "the rituals of success." These rituals may be as simple as making ablution; yet, they must be performed properly for it is not enough to pass water on the body parts - those parts must be massed.

4. Ask for forgiveness: Even if a person has not done anything wrong, he must insure the forgiveness of Allah. "Then I said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord; surely, He is the most Forgiving'" (Qur'an, 71:10).

5. Recite the Qur'an: The Prophet (SAW) said, "… Qur'an is a remedy for illnesses of the mind" (Bukhari). "The echo of sound has a medical effect and is now widely utilized," says Dr. Greenberg. "The recitation of or listening to the Qur'an has an effect on the body, the heart and the mind! It is said that the letter Alif echoes to the heart and the letter Ya' to the pineal gland in the brain.

Dr Ahmed El Kadi of Akber Clinic (Panama City, FL) conducted and published the effects of listening to Qur'anic recitation on physiological parameters (i.e., the heart, blood pressure, and muscle tension), and reported improvement in all factors, irrespective of whether the listener was a Muslim or a non-Muslim, Arab or non-Arab. Obviously, it can be postulated that those who understand and enjoy the recitation with a belief in it will get maximum benefits," writes Dr Athar.

6. Make the hereafter one's main concern: "Whoever has the hereafter as his main concern, Allah will fill his heart with a feeling of richness and independence; he will be focused and feel content, and this world will come to him in spite of it. Whoever has this world as his main concern, Allah will cause him to feel constant fear of poverty; he will be distracted and unfocused, and he will have nothing of this world except what was already predestined for him," said the Prophet (SAW). One of the greatest causes of stress is money - how to pay the loans, whether one's job will be lost, what will happen to the family if the father dies, etc.

7. Think positively: Muslims should forget about the bad things of the past and think of good things, always having hope that he can be better. Trying to change the past is a foolish and crazy waste of time, "for saying 'if only…'opens the way to Shaytan" said the Prophet (SAW). The Prophet (SAW) also said, " Know that victory (achievement) comes through patience, and that ease comes through hardship." Muslims understand that there's no reason for panic in the case of crisis - no reason to be distressed or worried for we know that after hardship come ease!

8. Do not waste time on thoughts of fear or stress: "The search of time is one of the most frequent causes of stress" (Seyle, p.102). Laziness is the mother of all evils, and the Prophet (SAW) used to seek refuge in Allah from it. Understanding that this life is short and time precious, Muslims should try to work hard and pursue worthy knowledge (Munajjid).

In conclusion, a surprisingly effective remedy for stress is to "remember death". The Prophet (SAW) said, "Remember frequently the one who will destroy all your pleasures - death! For there is no one who remembers death when in straitened circumstances, but his situation will become easier…"

Heres another 25 ways to relieve stress:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ss-and-Anxiety

:wa:

Donia
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
:wa:

4. Ask for forgiveness: Even if a person has not done anything wrong, he must insure the forgiveness of Allah. "Then I said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord; surely, He is the most Forgiving'" (Qur'an, 71:10).
Very good points, brother. I found this one especially important because there are times where we may not think that we have done anything wrong but we sin and don't even know so we should seek forgiveness often.May Allah forgive us for the things we do intentionally and unintentionally. Ameen.

Break something.
LOL. I haven't seen that smiley before. It is a little... disturbing. lol.

JazakALLAH. :)

CosmicPathos
01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
@ Hamza: 8. Do not waste time on thoughts of fear or stress: "The search of time is one of the most frequent causes of stress" (Seyle, p.102). Laziness is the mother of all evils, and the Prophet (SAW) used to seek refuge in Allah from it. Understanding that this life is short and time precious, Muslims should try to work hard and pursue worthy knowledge (Munajjid).

MashAllah so true bro. Searching for the meaning of time and thinking about why are the people around me are doing what they do and things of such nature can get depressing and wastage of time. May Allah keep us away from such easy ways to spend times

Life_Is_Short
01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
sometimes i solve math problems or demolish an opponent at table tennis. but lately i havent been too stressed out.
Doesn't that lead to more stress?

gladTidings
01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
cheesecake <3

Supreme
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Prayer, repeating Bible verses to myself, and relaxation exercises.
This and going to church. Oh, and eating whilst engaged in deep thought. And watching The Simpsons.

cat eyes
01-15-2010, 06:06 PM
in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest :)

bewildred
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
To answer the thread starter's question I'll say: If you made more cleaning, at least, you'd be relieved from the strress of exercising,lol.

_PakistaN_
01-15-2010, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
How do you relieve stress?

My two favorites are exercising and cleaning. :)
ummm. lets see... I keep thinking about it and trying to think as if nothing bad happened so there would be no stress. In the end I get more stressed....

I usually have a few cigarettes though.

Sawdah
01-15-2010, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest :)
:thumbs_up

I do that too sometimes but other times I try to find something that will make me smile or laugh:statisfie

tw009
01-16-2010, 01:08 AM
complain, complain and complain :heated:

abu_musab461
01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
i play with my remote control car.

FatimaK
01-16-2010, 01:45 AM
I ask myself what's stressing me out and focus on positive thoughts to replace the negative ones. And of course, nothing seals the like like sincere du'a!

abu_musab461
01-16-2010, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaK
I ask myself what's stressing me out and focus on positive thoughts to replace the negative ones. And of course, nothing seals the like like sincere du'a!
oh sorry that too.. :omg:;D

MartyrX
01-16-2010, 01:59 AM
I have a couple of games I play from time to time to elevate my stress levels. If that doesn't work or I'm at work I try to take a few minutes to myself and just do some relaxing breathing.

Life_Is_Short
01-16-2010, 02:02 AM
By pondering upon the glory of Allah, his mercy, his creation, his blessings etc.

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Pray ....allot and revel in God's infinte wisdom and glory.

Or......take that stupid fax machine outside with baseball bats and go "Gangsta" on it!;D Got the idea from a movie.....it works.

Donia
01-16-2010, 04:36 AM
Great answers masha'Allah.. and some.. interesting ones too. :)

Snowflake
01-16-2010, 05:09 AM
I don't do anything about it. I just live with it lol. :X

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I don't do anything about it. I just live with it lol. :X
beat up a faulty fax machine....it really helps as a stress reliever;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2010, 06:02 AM
I listen to Nasheeds and sometimes Music...;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.