/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Easy foods

Beardo
01-15-2010, 12:42 AM
So I'm looking to make some easy foods. Like if I take last night's chicken and strip the meat off and roll it in a tortilla with some ranch or hummus and eat it.

So basically, I'm looking for mixes that'll taste good if I roll up with any kind of meat.

Hummus, guacamole, sour cream... Any one got any other ideas in mind?

I personally like spicy. I put chilli ground in my hummus until its a reddish color. :skeleton:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
chedder cheese...can of beans....2 chapati's

grate the cheese on a saucepan..pour in the beans and mix until the cheese melts

than serwe it Ap and eet vith yooor chapatis my friend

Beardo
01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
So basically heat the cheese and beans together?

By the way, what's the best kind of beans? I heard Kidney beans was the best. :X

Cabdullahi
01-15-2010, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
So basically heat the cheese and beans together?

By the way, what's the best kind of beans? I heard Kidney beans was the best. :X
you know the baked beans the orangey ones..... if you dont know go to your kitchen and tell everyone to get out so you can do a litmus test to determine the baked beans amongst the other varieties of beans in the kitchen cupboard

if it makes your farts smell like omelets those are baked beans :thumbs_up:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyaah
01-15-2010, 12:57 AM
I like making chickpeas, rice and veggies. Can of chickpeas, I rinse them with water. Make some rice, microwave some frozen veggies. Mix together in frying pan with whatever spices or sauces you like. I like mixing with a spicy curry. All you food groups, low cost.

Beardo
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
I like making chickpeas, rice and veggies. Can of chickpeas, I rinse them with water. Make some rice, microwave some frozen veggies. Mix together in frying pan with whatever spices or sauces you like. I like mixing with a spicy curry. All you food groups, low cost.
What spices and sauces do you use? Sounds delicious. :skeleton:

Donia
01-15-2010, 02:51 AM
:sl:

Do you know those croissant rolls they sell at the grocery store? I believe they are made by Pillsbury.
You could lay one flat... put cooked chicken, brocoli and cheese in the center and then roll it..
Then cook it.

Should you give it a try, let me know how it turns out.

syilla
01-15-2010, 06:20 AM
I just put anykind of leftovers in the bread...and bring it to work for lunch. I hate eating outside...so bring anything that can be eaten. Like anykind of nuts. Sometimes i put chilli sauce (actually is made from papaya sauce) in the sliced cheese. I bring crackers and deep into 'sambal' or whatever that i can eat while LI ing :X.

Sometimes i bring popsicles to work, i bring lots of ice, hot cooked sardines (i have a special recipe for it) just eat with crackers.

sometimes i pity my colleague for not accompany her to lunch. Before i used too... but i really really don't like outside food.

below is the malaysian popsicles that i always bring to the office :D
is called sour plum popsicles

S_87
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
some mayo with the chicken pieces, chopped cucumber and lettuc, salt and black pepper if you wish with a dash of ketchup-mix all that and thats a sandwich filling..not too much mayo that is gooey, but enough to hold it all together.

UmmSqueakster
01-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I do all my cooking for the week on Saturday and Sunday. While it's not quick on the front end, it's quick and easy to come home from work, through something on the stove or in the microwave to heat up and just eat.

I usually make a big pot of soup, 2 meat dishes, and a few veggie dishes. Put the soup pot on the stove, put some meat and veggies on your plate, then into the microwave, and wa'la, you're eating dinner in 10 minutes.

AhmadibnNasroon
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
just get married, real easy to eat then :D

unknown_JJ
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
get some french bread (or any other bread),

cut in half

pour some pasta sauce

add cheese

add anything leftover and seasoning

put in over

and u got urself and pizze burgette

Asiyaah
01-15-2010, 07:00 PM
What spices and sauces do you use? Sounds delicious. :skeleton:
Well I usually put a mix of curry powder, cayenne pepper, dash of nutmeg, and turmeric. I'm sure is far from anything authentic Indian - but I'm a white girl with a big spice rack teehehe.

Also you can get those pre-made Thai curry mixes at the grocery store you mix it with a can of coconut milk - super yummy :D.

Also always make 2-4 times more than your going to eat then you have leftovers so no cooking for a few days after. :statisfie

Asiyaah
01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
just get married, real easy to eat then :D
Bahahaha - oh brother, not for my hubby. Brothers need to know how to cook too :p

unknown_JJ
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
Bahahaha - oh brother, not for my hubby. Brothers need to know how to cook too :p
yeh they can treat there wifes sumtymz :p

Beardo
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I just put anykind of leftovers in the bread...and bring it to work for lunch. I hate eating outside...so bring anything that can be eaten. Like anykind of nuts. Sometimes i put chilli sauce (actually is made from papaya sauce) in the sliced cheese. I bring crackers and deep into 'sambal' or whatever that i can eat while LI ing :X.

Sometimes i bring popsicles to work, i bring lots of ice, hot cooked sardines (i have a special recipe for it) just eat with crackers.

sometimes i pity my colleague for not accompany her to lunch. Before i used too... but i really really don't like outside food.

below is the malaysian popsicles that i always bring to the office :D
is called sour plum popsicles

What's that brown thing inside of the popsicle?

syilla
01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
What's that brown thing inside of the popsicle?
sweet sour plum :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.