/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to think positvely

anonymous
01-15-2010, 08:03 AM
i have a problem with not being able to think positively and fear that the worst will happen. this negativity preoccupies my thoughts very often. a lot of the time i catch myself out and i cant seem to break with continuous cycle. for example, when i make dua, i always think 'there is no way this will happen.' or when something happens that i dont like i think 'this is because i sin too much ' or 'Allah is punishing me' or 'this is Allah's way of telling me to back off becuase this is the only way i will learn is by me going through this hardship.'
so everything is negative and the result of everything is negative. so how do you postive? i mean really. it is so so hard and i cant seem to snap out of it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you anonymous,

So many of us struggle with faith and trusting in God. We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.
The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
In the spirit of praying for a greater faith

Eric

zakirs
01-16-2010, 06:47 AM
:sl:

Bro/sis,

You should know that Allah doesn't punish one just because he has sinned. You should realise that many of our prophets Muhammed ,Jesus,Abraham ( peace be upon them) have faced many difficulties through out their lives. I have no doubt that God loved them the most but did he gave luxuries to them ? No. They had to go through as many difficulties that it would dwarf what ever we are going through.

So please cheer up , Keep hope in youselves and pray to Allah. And give your best shot at everything and leave the rest to the God.

“Verily, with hardship, there is relief” (Quran 94:6)

Eating follows hunger, drinking follows thirst, sleep comes after restlessness, and health takes the place of sickness. The lost will find their way, the one in difficulty will find relief, and the day will follow the night.

Allah says:

“Perhaps Allah may bring a victory or a decision according to His Will” (Quran 5:52)

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2010, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i have a problem with not being able to think positively and fear that the worst will happen. this negativity preoccupies my thoughts very often. a lot of the time i catch myself out and i cant seem to break with continuous cycle. for example, when i make dua, i always think 'there is no way this will happen.' or when something happens that i dont like i think 'this is because i sin too much ' or 'Allah is punishing me' or 'this is Allah's way of telling me to back off becuase this is the only way i will learn is by me going through this hardship.'
so everything is negative and the result of everything is negative. so how do you postive? i mean really. it is so so hard and i cant seem to snap out of it.
:sl: consider the following:

The Power of Negative Thinking

For some reason, most people find it easier to think in a negative way than in a positive manner. It seems that some effort is needed to think positive thoughts, whereas negative thinking comes easily and uninvited. This has much to do with education and the environment one has been living in.

In order to understand how positive thinking works, and how to use it efficiently, it is important to understand the power of negative thinking.

If you have been brought up in a happy and positive atmosphere, where people value success and self-improvement, then it will be easier for you to think positively and expect success. If you have been brought up under poor or difficult situations, you will probably go on expecting difficulties and failure.

From an early age, people let outside influences shape their minds. They view everything through their predominant mental attitude. If their thoughts are positive, that is fine, but if they are negative, their lives and circumstances will probably mirror these thoughts.

If you believe that you are going to fail, you will unconsciously sabotage every opportunity to succeed. If you are afraid of meeting new people or having close relationships, you will do everything to avoid people and relationships, and then complain that you are lonely and nobody loves you.
Do you often think about difficulties, failure and disasters? Do you keep thinking about the negative news you have seen on the TV or read in the newspapers?

Do you see yourself stuck and unable to improve your life or your health? Do you frequently think that you do not deserve happiness or money, or that it is too difficult to get them? If you do, then you will close your mind, see no opportunities, and behave and react in such ways, as to repel people and opportunities. You let the power of negative thinking rule your life.

The mind does not usually judge or examine thoughts and opinions before accepting them. If what it hears, sees and reads is always negative, it accepts this as the standard way of thinking and behavior.

The media constantly bombards the mind with a lot of information about disasters, catastrophes, wars and other negative happenings. This information sinks into the subconscious mind, and let the power of negative thinking grow. By occupying the mind with negative thoughts and expectations one radiate negative energy into the surrounding world, thus creating and recreating more negativity, failures and disasters.

The mind can be directed towards positive thinking or negative thinking. The power of thoughts is a neutral power. The way one thinks determines whether the results are positive and beneficial or negative and harmful. It is the same of energy acting in different ways.

Persistent inner work can change habits of thoughts. You must be willing to put energy and time to avoid negative thinking and pursue positive thinking, in order to change your mental attitude.

Every time you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, change it into a positive one.

If you catch yourself visualizing failure, switch to visualizing success.
If you hear yourself repeating negative words, switch to positive ones.
If you hear yourself saying, “I cannot”, say to yourself, “I can”.
Do you repeat useless and unnecessary negative words and phrases in your mind? Change them to positive ones.

Open your mind to positive attitude, happenings and events. Expect them and think about them, and soon you life will change for the better.

Decide that from today, from this very moment, you are leaving negative thinking behind, and starting on the way towards positive thinking and behavior. It is never too late. Soon your life will turn into a fascinating, wonderful journey.

By by Remez Sasson

So from now on think to yourself that ONLY Almighty Allah has the power to do everything. He has the power to accept your duas and if he does'nt then he has something better for you. He has the power in every aspect of your life and every other human beings life as well as every aspect of this world and universe and everything it contains.

Learn about the greatness of Allah and always keep this in your mind:

The GREATNESS of ALLAH.

Greatness is often attached to world leaders, footballers, boxers and other famous people. However this is a false notion of greatness that holds neither value nor substance. Although we know that Allah (SWT) is the Greatest, yet this is not properly reflected and recognised in the heart. Once a person begins to realise the Greatness of Allah, any subconscious thoughts of greatness that he may have developed regarding a mortal will disappear and, in times of need and difficulty he will turn towards Allah (SWT). Allah says:

“Say (O Muhammed : Shall I take as a helper any other than the Creator of the heavens and the earth? And it is He who feeds but is not fed.” (Al-An'aam : 14)

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Abbas (RA) narrates:

“One day I was behind the Prophet and he said to me, Young man! I shall teach you some words (of advice): Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask Allah; if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that if the nation were to gather to benefit you with anything, it would only benefit you with something that Allah has already prescribed for you, and that if they gather to harm you with anything, they would only harm you with something Allah has already prescribed for you. The pen has been lifted and the pages have dried.” (Tirmidhi).

This shows the Power and Might of Allah (SWT). The creation is helpless and totally incapable of anything without the Help and Will of Allah. If He wills something to happen, it will definitely happen and there is none who can prevent it.

“Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment”. (Al-A'raaf : 54).

Allah (SWT) is the One who is Most Perfect, free from all deficiencies, worthy of all Praise, the Most Majestic and the Most High. He is the One and Only Lord for all the universe, its Creator, Owner, Organiser, Provider, Master, Planner, Sustainer, Cherisher and Giver of Security. He Knows, Hears, and Sees all things including an ant on a dark, stormy night. He is the Self-Sufficient Master Who is not in need of anything whilst all are in need of Him. Nothing resembles Him as Allah says:

“There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer”. (Ash-Shura : 11)

No effort is expended by Him in carrying any action out as He says:

“Verily, His command when He intends a thing is only that He says to it ‘Be!' – and it is!” (Ya-Seen : 82) and in Ayat-ul-Kursi Allah says :

“…and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them (the heavens and the earth)…” (Al-Baqarah : 255).

Along with this, no decision of Allah is overturned or delayed. Allah (SWT) is alone in all of the above attributes and many more. This is all the principle of Tawheed (the oneness of Allah) which states that Allah is Alone in self, Names, Attributes and Worship. In other words, Allah has no partner or equal, He possesses His Names and Attributes without equal, and He alone should be worshipped. Now that is a real mark of greatness.

“So all the Praises and Thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the heavens and the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the Worlds. And His (Alone) is the Majesty in the heavens and the earth, and He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise”. (Al-Jathiyah : 36-37).

From above it is clear that it is totally incorrect to say that a certain person can cause children to be born, can fulfil our needs or is capable of such action which contradicts the concept of Tawheed. In fact it is also incorrect to believe that our dear Prophet (PBUH), who is undoubtedly the best of creation, is equal in any respect to Allah (SWT). For example our dear Prophet does not have knowledge of the Unseen as Allah says:

“And with Him are the keys of the Ghaib (all that is hidden),none knows them but He”. (Al-An'aam : 59) and this is further corroborated by a number of saheeh Ahaadeeth.

There is a beautiful Hadeethi Qudsi (Sacred Hadith i.e. one in which the Prophet reports what has been revealed to him by Allah) which describes the Greatness of Allah in eloquent terms, part of which is mentioned below:

“O My Servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be the most pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My Kingdom in anything. O My servants were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the wicked heart of any one man of you that would not decrease My Kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and I were to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if put into it”. (Muslim).

To recognise the Creator, we must remove all thoughts of greatness that we may be harbouring about an individual which conflicts in our recognition of Allah (SWT). To respect and love someone is one thing, but to transgress the limits is an entirely different matter. To build up the recognition and realisation of the greatness of Allah (SWT), we must constantly look, listen, talk and think about the greatness of Allah. Of course, our feeble minds cannot comprehend the Mighty Being of Allah, therefore we should ponder over the creation to recognise the Creator. In addition to this, we must equip ourselves with the correct beliefs regarding Allah and repeatedly praise and glorify Him. May Allah enable us to do this. Ameen.

Source: http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/greatness.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!