/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For All The Liers and Misinformed

aadil77
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
This is for all those who accuse the afghan taliban of killing its own civilians, when it is your own terrorist armies who go in on a crusade and massacre muslims by the truckloads. This is also for those who quote the lies of the UN from their 'impartial reports'.

The United Nations Assistance Mission for Afghanistan (UNAMA) has published a report about civilian casualties in Afghanistan in which they have made some finger-pointing remarks. The report is a follow-up to the assertions made by UN Secretary General recently.

They claim that among the 2,412 civilians killed last year, the Armed Opposition of the government have killed many of them and a minuscule number of them have lost their lives due to American bombardment and firing.

A few days ago, UN Secretary General made self-same claims about civilian casualties. However, the UN has not disclosed the source upon which they had prepared the report. Have they gone to any rural area or war-stricken zone for the collection of the data? Certainly, they have not. The rural areas are under the control of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, and according to the World Security and Development Council map, these areas constitute 80% of the territory of Afghanistan. Therefore, it is clear that they have patched up the report in the Guest House of UNAMA in Kabul, stuffing the desired data into it which are palatable on political grounds. Then, they have placed the blame on the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

It is worth mentioning that this report has overlooked many events, which occurred last year. The number of civilians killed by the invaders in Kunar, Nooristan, Laghman, Kunduz, Logar, Paktika, Helmand, Farah and Uruzgan provinces certainly exceed the number of those entered in the report. In addition to this, every day, our countrymen are killed in rural areas, on highways and in their houses by the invading soldiers, blind bombardments and the Predators.

Residents of Nawzad district say that amore than one hundred and fifty common people have been killed by missiles fired from Shorab Military Base. Similarly, the civilians killed in Marja, Zamindavar, Garamsir, Gerishk, Nad Ali and Nava at the hand of the invaders during operations, bombardment and missiles strikes surpass the number shown in UNAMA report.

We would like to remind UN Secretary General and other officials of the United Nations, have you visited Zamindavar area of Kajaki district where the invading foreign troops set fire to 2,000 shops of common people, burning to ashes the whole bazaar? Have you met the patients who were injured by phosphorus bombs in an aerial strike in Kunduze province last September? Even the provincial authorities of the Puppet Kabul regime in Kunduz prevented relatives of the dying victims from taking the injured persons to Kabul for medical treatment because they feared the world will know about the phosphors bombs.

Last year, we saw that the Western media were frequently publishing partial and farce reports about civilian casualties perpetrated by the invading Americans. Fore example, the Western media, quoting American spokesmen, reported that 35 militants from the armed opposition were killed by American troops in Dai Chupan last year. Later, it was proved that all were civilians killed as a result of American bombardment. Up to this very day, no reporter or an official of the United Nations visited the area to find out about the incident.

We would like to tell Banki Mooon and other UN officials that you will never achieve the goal through such farce and politically-motivated reports. The people do not believe you. The so-called unjustified war on terror has lost its luster. People now know that it is a war of colonialism aimed at expanding American dominance over the world. It began in Afghanistan but the US will gradually spread it to other countries. To counter this, the devout Afghan Muslims, the freedom-loving and patriotic forces have taken up arms to achieve their aspirations and natural rights.

The Mujahideen have sprouted from among the people. They live among them and share their joy and pains. No more you would be able to confuse the mind of the public of the world, nor you will ever be able to boost the sagging morale of the Americans and NATO soldiers, nor it suits you to resort to such fictitious tactics. Only you will contribute to discrediting yourself by condescending to such actions.
May all the 'brave' terrorist soldiers and those who spread lies burn in hell

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KAding
01-17-2010, 10:16 PM
This is the official Taliban response apparently? If so, how could that possibly be reliable? I might as well go quoting the American army to provide an opposite account! I certainly find a UN account more trustworthy than that of one of the fighting parties.

Besides, even if the claims they make are true, that only means the US is causing more casualties than reported, not that the Taliban are causing any less. And they need to cover quite a big gap of supposed unreported killing by the US to exceed their own killing! All civilian deaths caused by anti-government forces are well-documented in the UN report, while claims here are unsubstantiated. Furthermore, it is very well possible that US killing is under-reported, in fact I consider that quite likely considering the method used by the UN, but then why is the same not true for the Taliban? What makes you think their killing would not be under-reported?

Regardless, it is undeniable that the Afghan Taliban are causing widespread civilian casualties. They are killing fellow Muslims and are revolting against a Muslim government that probably has more legitimacy than they ever had. Would the US leave tomorrow, chances are that the Afghan civil war would simply continue, as plenty of Afghans (especially among Tajiks or Uzbeks) would refuse to accept their rule. Were the Taliban cease their operations, however, chances are that the US would withdraw like they are now doing in Iraq and Afghanistan would finally know some peace.

For those interested, here is the official UN press release on the matter, to which the first post is a response:
UNAMA calls for safety first, as civilian casualties rise by 14% in 2009
13 January 2010 - The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), in conjunction with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), today called on all sides of Afghanistan’s conflict to uphold their obligations under international law and minimize the impact of fighting on civilians.

New statistics released by the UN mission showed that 2009 proved to be the deadliest year yet for civilians since the fall of the Taliban regime in 2001.

The UN mission recorded 2,412 civilian casualties during 2009, up by 14 per cent from 2008 when the mission recorded 2,118 civilian deaths. Of the 2,412 deaths reported last year, 1,630 (67%) were attributed to anti-Government elements while 596 (25%) were attributed to pro-Government forces. The remaining 186 deaths (8%) could not be attributed to any of the conflicting parties as they died as a result of cross fire or by unexploded ordinance.

Ms Norah Niland, Chief Human Rights Officer said: ”Anti-Government elements remain responsible for the largest proportion of civilian deaths, killing three times as many civilians as pro-Government forces. It is vital that determined efforts are now made by the insurgency to put into effect the Taliban “Code of Conduct” that calls on them to protect the lives of civilians.

“Civilian deaths caused by the armed opposition increased by 41 per cent between 2008 and 2009 from 1,160 to 1,630. Suicide attacks and improvised explosive devices caused more civilian casualties than any other tactic killing 1,054 civilians last year. Civilians are also being deliberately assassinated, abducted and executed if they are perceived as being supportive of, or associated with, the Government or the international community.

“At the same time during 2009 we saw a reduction in the number of civilian casualties caused by pro-Government forces by 28 per cent between 2008 and 2009. This decrease reflects measures taken by international military forces to reduce the risk posed by military operations on the civilian population.

“However despite positive trends, actions by pro-Government forces continued to take an adverse toll on civilians; we recorded 359 civilians killed during aerial attacks, which constitute 61 per cent of the number of civilian deaths attributed to pro-Government forces. International and Afghan security forces also conducted a large number of search and seizure operations. These often involved excessive use of force, destruction of property and cultural insensitivity, particularly towards women.”

The UN mission also expressed concern on the location of military bases that are situated within, or close to, areas where civilians are concentrated saying that such bases increased the risks faced by civilians. Ms Niland underlined that all parties to the conflict have an obligation to avoid locating military assets, including personnel, in areas that put civilians at risk.

Ms Niland continued to say: “2009 has proven to be the worst year since the fall of the Taliban regime for civilians caught up in the armed conflict. The conflict has intensified and spread into areas that were previously considered safe.

“Ensuring the safety and welfare of the civilian population must come first. Anti-Government elements must realize that they too have obligations under international law while pro-Government forces must step up efforts to ensure that every measure is taken to protect civilians during the conduct of military operations. The United Nations calls for international law to be respected to minimise the impact of the conflict on civilians as we begin 2010.”

Notes to Editors

• The report on the protection of civilians in armed conflict in Afghanistan in 2009 is compiled in pursuance of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) mandate under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1868 (2009). Full copies of the report are available at http://unama.unmissions.org

• UNAMA Human Rights undertakes a range of activities aimed at minimizing the impact of the conflict on civilians; this includes independent and impartial monitoring of incidents involving loss of life or injury to civilians and analysis of trends to identify the circumstances in which loss of life occurs.

• UNAMA Human Rights officers, deployed across Afghanistan, utilize a broad range of techniques to gather information on specific cases irrespective of location or who may be responsible. Such information is cross-checked and analyzed, with a range of diverse sources, for credibility and reliability to the satisfaction of the Human Rights officer conducting the investigation, before details are recorded in a dedicated database.

• For further information and interview requests please contact:
Henri Burgard, (English and French): +93 700 285 774 or
Nazifullah Salarzai, (Dari, Pashto and English): +93 797 662 504

http://unama.unmissions.org/Default....02&ItemID=7265
And here another report that illustrates the problem with the insurgency. I can certainly imagine people complaining about the US in Afghanistan, but that doesn't mean that the Taliban are fighting a just or clean war!

Deadly blast hits Afghan market

At least 16 civilians and one police officer have been killed and 13 others injured after a suicide bomber targeted a crowded market in the southern Afghan province of Uruzgan.

The attack occurred on Thursday as the market in the the town of Dihrawud was packed with shoppers and vendors.

General Abdul Hameed, a spokesman for Nato-led forces in Afghanistan and senior Uruzgan Afghan army officer, said: "The bomber had explosives attached to a waistcoat. He was spotted by a guard of the money market which is inside the bazaar and then he blew himself up."

Juma Gul Himat, the Uruzgan police chief, said three children were among the dead and that several shops were destroyed in the blast.

"The terrorists today carried out a suicide attack in the bazaar of Dihrawud district of Uruzgan province as a result of which 16 civilians were killed and 13 others were wounded," the office of President Hamid Karzai said in a statement.

In a separate attack in the neighbouring province of Helmand, one of the most violent regions in the country, a police officer was killed and five others were injured, Nato and Afghan authorities said.

Continued at:
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/as...347825891.html

ahsan28
01-18-2010, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding

I can certainly imagine people complaining about the US in Afghanistan, but that doesn't mean that the Taliban are fighting a just or clean war!
Ya sure, they have been unfair in resisting invaders in their own country, the precise reason of sending additional 40,000 "brave and just" soldiers :embarrass

JoshuaD
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
May all the 'brave' terrorist soldiers and those who spread lies burn in hell
I think your location which is set to " LE***STER!!" is referring to Leicester, UK? If so then any taxes you pay goes to the government, which then in turn could be used on the British military.

Does it not seem hypocritical to condemn " terrorist soldiers and those who spread lies" to hell, while financially supporting them yourself?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I have a question aadil77, if the UN soldiers are mass-murdering Afghans as you say, how come I have yet to see one ounce of proof? (I accept proof in video, internet statements are iffy). Other then, of course, the Taliban making a statement on it. I have a hard time believing anyone who is willing to use children to help their cause.

Supreme
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't believe the UN. Karl has proven to me they are corrupt and anti Muslim. One of their departments, along with the BBC, is actually planning on invading India. True story.

Clover
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I don't believe the UN. Karl has proven to me they are corrupt and anti Muslim. One of their departments, along with the BBC, is actually planning on invading India. True story.
Wow. I hope that doesn't come true, but I find it hard to believe you found that out. That is a conspiracy theory, unless it comes true.

aadil77
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
This vid is from iraq, they have it drilled into them that iraqis are animals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3wcLTtXhI

Clover
01-19-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
This vid is from iraq, they have it drilled into them that iraqis are animals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3wcLTtXhI
From what I have seen in the video, they are talking about things they heard, or seen, not what they actually did. Unless I missed a part of that?

I know for a fact, their is some people in the military in Iraq/Afghanistan that murder innocents. Problem is, no one and nothing is perfect. Perfect is impossible. These people that do that, usually already have mental issues when they join up. Some are schizophrenics, some are just terrible people. That is part of the world. Is it right? No, but blaming millions of people for the problems of a few is exactly what a lot of people do about terrorism.

aadil77
01-19-2010, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JoshuaD
I think your location which is set to " LE***STER!!" is referring to Leicester, UK? If so then any taxes you pay goes to the government, which then in turn could be used on the British military.

Does it not seem hypocritical to condemn " terrorist soldiers and those who spread lies" to hell, while financially supporting them yourself?
Whether I move country - which I intend on doing - won't change the fact that it is part of our beliefs that they will be punished in hell

Supreme
01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Wow. I hope that doesn't come true, but I find it hard to believe you found that out. That is a conspiracy theory, unless it comes true.
Sarcasm my friend, it doesn't even qualify as a conspiracy theory.

Clover
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Sarcasm my friend, it doesn't even qualify as a conspiracy theory.
Actually, it does lol. Conspiracy Theory- a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators. -Meriam-Webster.com

Supreme
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Actually, it does lol. Conspiracy Theory- a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators. -Meriam-Webster.com
Well, I always thought a conspiracy theory had to be plausible. Doh.

Clover
01-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, I always thought a conspiracy theory had to be plausible. Doh.
Well, plausible can be a mindset. To some, nothing is impossible. To others, much is impossible. To some, it's 50/50. Some, are leaning. I consider a lot of things possible, the majority, some things I do not think are possible though.

Doh? Is that for duh? lol that's a duh moment for me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!