/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage: Inter or Outter

AnonymousPoster
01-18-2010, 04:32 AM
My friend and I were arguing...

Is it preferred a Muslim gets married to someone within their family or is it preferred they marry from another end of the world?

Or if we're both wrong, what's the preferred method?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-18-2010, 04:34 AM
The preferred is to marry from outside, I can't find the hadith right now, but insha'Allah a br. or sr. will add it here...

:w:

Snowflake
01-18-2010, 04:50 AM
:sl: Did you mean this one my dear sis Skye?

The Islamic view is that while marriage between cousins is permissible, it is preferable to choose a marriage partner from outside one's family. We have to distinguish between what is permitted and what is advocated. Some clans restrict marriages to amongst their kin only – a practice far from what is advocated. It is worth stressing here that when marriage of cousins is repeated over several generations, they are bound to have more effects on children.

By permitting such marriages Islam does not encourage them. It advocates the cementing of social relations through marriages between totally unrelated families.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) once told one of his Companions to choose a wife from a tribe different to his, and then to choose for his son a wife from a third tribe, and to seek for his second son a girl from yet another tribe.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ixzz0d0yrlpgQ]

:wa:

جوري
01-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Baraka Allah feek.. so deserving of a rep.. yes that is the one!

you know what I love about this forum.. it is a small version of the ummah, where I fail, someone picks me up and vice versa..

May Allah swt bestow his blessings upon all you Muslims..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
01-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Jazakumullahu Khair! That answers my question and was very beneficial.

Snowflake
01-18-2010, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Baraka Allah feek.. so deserving of a rep.. yes that is the one!

you know what I love about this forum.. it is a small version of the ummah, where I fail, someone picks me up and vice versa..

May Allah swt bestow his blessings upon all you Muslims..

:sl: You didn't fail ukhti. Your input on this forum is too valuable and I didn't want you to spend time doing something I can do when you could be posting here. :wub: :embarrass

May Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you and your family. Ameen thumma ameen.

Jazakumullahu Khair! That answers my question and was very beneficial.
wa iyyak(i)

Raaina
01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks for sharing that :)

I didn't know this was the case.

cat eyes
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
wow i didnt know that so many ignorant muslims told me its preferred to marry within the family now i can show them this hadith muhahaha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.