/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unlawful money to go to Hajj or Umrah

bewildred
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Salams to all,

I witnessed a scene where two were arguing about a point and it really intrigued me.

Here it is: There was a man who gained money through spoofing some people. He intended to go to Umrah with that money. The man who was with him told him vehemently that his Umrah would be vain for it's haram money.

Well, I found his answer pretty logical. Then, I asked myself:"What if this Umrah would help this guy go back to the straight light and give up illegal stuff????" What do you think???

Soumeya

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bewildred
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Ahem....I truly am interested in knowing your point of view.

Life_Is_Short
01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know what happened to my post.

:sl:

It doesn't seem right to gain something good and benificial through wrong means. :hmm:

Allah knows best and He guides whom He wills.

Alpha Dude
01-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Open to correction but I don't think the umrah would be accepted. Regardless of what effect it has, there won't be any reward in the actual act of umrah. Thus, no point in going.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah it seems wrong to fraudulently gain something even if it's to do something good. I guess maybe it would count balance each other and thus, as said, not worth doing.

Rafeeq
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
It could be understood in another way, does Sala acceptable without Wudhu (without any valid reason of not performing Wudhu)? Even if it is offered to seek Taqwa?

Every one will say, NO. It is mandatory to have Wudhu before offering Sala, else it will be an excercise only. The same way, I think, that Umrah will be a journey only.

ardianto
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
:sl:

I tried to find a scholar's fatwa for this case but I couldn't find it.

However, I found a fatwa about "go hajj with haram money". And I think this fatwa is not so far from this case, or even compatible.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/34517

Note : maybe you disagree with definition of haram money in the question, but focus only to the answer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.