/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is a wife considered half your deen ?

markislam
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Why is a wife considered half your deen ?

i am confused can some one please explain ?

also what is a deen ? :nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam

i am confused can some one please explain ?

also what is a deen ? :nervous:
Deen means Religion or Way of life, in Arabic.

I'm sorry I cannot help you as to why a wife is considered half your deen, i'm sure someone else will be able to though :statisfie

Uthman
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
:salamext:

Marriage
is half of your deen according to the ahadeeth:

Al-Haakim narrated in al-Mustadrak from Anas, in a marfoo’ report: “Whomever Allaah blesses with a righteous wife, He has helped him with half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.”

Al-Bayhaqi narrated in Shu’ab al-Eemaan from al-Raqaashi: “When a person gets married he has completed half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.” Al-Albaani said of these two hadeeths in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (1916): “(They are) hasan li ghayrihi.”

جوري
01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
my understanding of this, is that when you are married, you'll by profession of your vows direct all your lusts and desires to your life's partner, so rather than being a sinner and hoping from person to person with no commitment (and whatever else) you'll have kept the sanctity of your religion, your marriage and your person. And then the other parts should be easy (hopefully)

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
.....direct all your lusts and desires to your life's partner...
What "Gossamer skye" said plus there are things that we often get lazy about, a righteous wife's company gives us motivation/courage to get up & do our duties......

For example, when I am alone I might miss a prayer, but when I have good company with me who are going for prayer, it will encourage me to go & offer prayer too....

Similarly, married person becomes more responsible & involve less-&-less in time wasting useless activities... So keeps away from a lot of activities that can possibly lead him into sinful acts....

But as Hadees above said "Righteous Wife"...... opposite kind-of partner can lead to oppesite consequences.... Like there's story of one of Prophet Ismail's wife in a Hadees, that she was unthankful of ALLAH & Prophet Ibraheem advised Ismail to divorce her.....
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
:salamext:

Marriage
is half of your deen according to the ahadeeth:

Al-Haakim narrated in al-Mustadrak from Anas, in a marfoo’ report: “Whomever Allaah blesses with a righteous wife, He(ALLAH) has helped him with half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.”

nebula
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
bro mark check this lecture it answers ur question exactly...

04- Marriage Is Half of the Deen - What Does This Mean - Saleh As-Saleh

By Dr Saleh (rahimahullah)

Also if you wanna see more lectures regarding marriage mark then check this site,

btw im striverfisabilillah from paltalk if u remember me.

http://www.understand-islam.net/site...d=93&Itemid=51

markislam
01-18-2010, 05:35 PM
hey striverfisabilillah how are you man ? long time no see

is the chat there on paltalk i could not find it.

thanks for the video links

nebula
01-20-2010, 12:13 AM
alhumdulilah akhe (my brother) ive been fine, the room that you used to go to isn't open anymore because the brothers gone to yemen, ill invite you to the new rooms bro inshAllah.

how have u been akhe?

markislam
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Alhamdullilah I ve been doing good learning new things about islam every day :)

Ramadhan
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
I agree with all previous explanations.
I think being married makes it much easier to practice your deen. You will have your wife/husband to remind you everytime it's time for shalat, you'll support each other during the month of ramadhan making fasting easier, etc.
And if you have kids, if they have good eeman they can keep on making duas for you after you die which would still be accepted by Allah SWT and counted as your good deeds.

Unfortunately I'm still single imsad :cry:

AhmadibnNasroon
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
bro mark check this lecture it answers ur question exactly...

04- Marriage Is Half of the Deen - What Does This Mean - Saleh As-Saleh

By Dr Saleh (rahimahullah)

Also if you wanna see more lectures regarding marriage mark then check this site,

btw im striverfisabilillah from paltalk if u remember me.

http://www.understand-islam.net/site...d=93&Itemid=51
Man all of paltalk is on here lol

(I'm SalafusSaleh btw lol)

abu salaahudeen
01-22-2010, 05:49 PM
you are one half of marriage and the wife is the other half one strenghtens the other

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.