/* */

PDA

View Full Version : making a will. advice please

cat eyes
01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
:sl:
So i was watching vids about deaths and thinking that my day will come soon when i will die. and making a will came in to my mind for some reason. i am revert as all of you might know and if i died my family would create problems and bury me as a christian with a big ugly cross on my grave :D so is it compulsory upon me that i should make a will that i want to be buried as a muslim? and if i don't bother doing this, will i be questioned about this on the day of judgment?.

jazakAllah :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
yes leave instructions that you want to be burried as a Muslim in the Muslim section of the grave yard. And you want a janazza prayer :p that happens with alot of reverts and they end up getting a christian burial in a church and the funeral janaza prayer isn't even read over them.

like 1 revert I remember hearing she died and her husband wanted to give her a Muslim burial but her family wouldn't allow it and interfered so she ended up getting burried with christians and christian burial.

Minniiee..Mee..
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
A/Aleykum,,
yes it compulsory for you to write a will saying that you should be buried as a muslim. And Allah will ask you on Judgement day. Because you know you have to write a will I think its best to do so. Or if it so happens that you write your will and then your family still give you a christian burial then it is not your fault. I think it's better to do it sooner rather than later as well.

I Hope my advice helped =D

W/Salaam

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
so i went to a solicitor and she told me there was no need to get a will which i thought was odd :hmm: if i am muslim then surely i have to make sure i get buried as a muslim. i will find a muslim solicitor because i don't believe what she was telling me. thanks for your replies :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
that's strange did she give you a reason why you don't need to make a will?

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
:sl: no she didnt give much of a reason just throwing from her own mouth i mean i have heard many stories of people reverting to islam then there families doing a christcian burial i even heard of muslims getting buried as christcians because they married a christcian woman.. i just want to do it for my own safety and that should not be the thing that stops me from entering into jannah she just told me just to write up a letter of your wishes and have your friend sign it as if my dad will even take that letter into consideration. he will obviously think its lies and not from myself. so i will have to get a muslim solicitor now. imsad

KittenLover
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
yeah get a muslim solicitor and tell him in your will you want it to state that you only want a Muslim burial and no other burial :p

Al-manar
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
yeah get a muslim solicitor and tell him in your will you want it to state that you only want a Muslim burial and no other burial :p

peace

that is easy and good thing to do with the solicitor ...

work in this world as if you were going to live for ever; prepare for the next world as if you. were going to die tomorrow.(famous saying)

اعمل لدنياك كأنك تعيش ابداً واعمل لأخرتك كأنك تموت غداً

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.