/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I often get lonely

Xcoolamandax
01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
When I'm alone. I feel like everyone has someone but me. I wish I had a husband or someone to spend time with. Being a new Muslim it's hard being around so many non-Muslims. How should I cope with these feelings?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
01-19-2010, 12:15 AM
:sl:
Sister, no matter how lonely you feel, your never alone. Allah is always there. :)

I wish I had a husband or someone to spend time with. Being a new Muslim it's hard being around so many non-Muslims. How should I cope with these feelings?
Maybe you should try getting in touch with your islamic community. :) Inshallah, you'll meet some muslim sisters and become some great friends. =)

Allah knows best.

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
Sister, no matter how lonely you feel, your never alone. Allah is always there. :)

Maybe you should try getting in touch with your islamic community. :) Inshallah, you'll meet some muslim sisters and become some great friends. =)

Allah knows best.
Thank you sister. I'm afraid all of my Muslim friends are quite busy a lot and I live far away from my masjid. Though I try and go four times a week for classes and Jummah prayer

Cabdullahi
01-19-2010, 12:37 AM
sister what if you move to another city where muslims are densely populated...if you can't do that your other choices are finding the right companion or you weather the storm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
01-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Thank you sister. I'm afraid all of my Muslim friends are quite busy a lot and I live far away from my masjid. Though I try and go four times a week for classes and Jummah prayer
^Mashallah sister, may Allah reward you with good :)

All I can suggest you to do now is to be patient and inshallah Allah with bring you someone who can keep you company. :)

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm afraid I can't move brother. But inshallah I'll find someone to marry someday. When the time is right. Now I must weather the storm.

zacc
01-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Salamu Alaykum Sis,

I would like to say Murbarak for embracing Islam may Allah (SWT) give you abundance of blessing in everything you do. :welcome:

What i think would be best for you is to start attending any Islamic classes going in your area? this way you will start to meet muslims from all walks of life. If you are free on Fridays why not try going to the Jummah pray? again you will meet muslims who can help you if you are looking to get married they can put the word out for you.

The other thing you could think of doing depending on your circumstances, start some basic Arabic course at your local college or even some Islamic centres do them. It also depend where you live as some areas have very small muslim communities so this does not help.

I can't remember of hand but i think there are groups for new muslims called the New muslim Project something like that why don't you look on the Internet or google it. Don't think that everyone has someone there are loads of muslims who are on their own struggle to meet people. Alot of it depends on our own circumstances, you don't need alot of friends only hand full who will give you support and be there for you.

I will make dua for you sis, Allah eases your loneliest, gives you a good pious husband. Listen you will make muslims friends and good ones too. Have hope you came into Islam for a reason you were guided to the truth just as Allah say only he guides and only he will give you help when you ask for it. Have heart we muslims care for those who have hardship and struggles in their lives.

Wasalam .:aboo:

zacc
01-19-2010, 02:28 AM
Salamu Alaykum Sis,

I would like to say Murbarak for embracing Islam may Allah (SWT) give you abundance of blessing in everything you do. :welcome:

What i think would be best for you is to start attending any Islamic classes going in your area? this way you will start to meet muslims from all walks of life. If you are free on Fridays why not try going to the Jummah pray? again you will meet muslims who can help you if you are looking to get married they can put the word out for you.

The other thing you could think of doing depending on your circumstances, start some basic Arabic course at your local college or even some Islamic centres do them. It also depend where you live as some areas have very small muslim communities so this does not help.

I can't remember of hand but i think there are groups for new muslims called the New muslim Project something like that why don't you look on the Internet or google it. Don't think that everyone has someone there are loads of muslims who are on their own struggle to meet people. Alot of it depends on our own circumstances, you don't need alot of friends only hand full who will give you support and be there for you.

I will make dua for you sis, Allah eases your loneliest, gives you a good pious husband. Listen you will make muslims friends and good ones too. Have hope you came into Islam for a reason you were guided to the truth just as Allah say only he guides and only he will give you help when you ask for it. Have heart we muslims care for those who have hardship and struggles in their lives.

Wasalam .:aboo:

Salahudeen
01-19-2010, 03:17 AM
don't worry sister, we all feel alone at some stage, it's not nice to feel isolated and alone I know :( it's not acceptable for a Muslim to feel isolated, maybe make lots of friends online with sisters you might find 1 who lives near you.

CosmicPathos
01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
When I'm alone. I feel like everyone has someone but me. I wish I had a husband or someone to spend time with. Being a new Muslim it's hard being around so many non-Muslims. How should I cope with these feelings?
welcome to Islam.

I do not know what your condition is. If being lonely makes you falter in faith then do find some good muslims to spend time with. I have overcome the need to spend time with Muslim friends because

1- No one will seriously give you time unless they can get some benefit out of your spending time with them. I cannot give anything to them as I dont have anything, hence I've overcome their need. BUT, if you can find some very good Muslims whose goal will be to help you progress in Islam, then do please search for such pearls.

2- Know that we will be lonely in our grave for thousand of years, most likely, after our death. Prepare for loneliness from now on by only making Allah your true friend.

Abdul Qadir
01-19-2010, 03:37 AM
May Allah match u with a brother who is guided and blessed, and may Allah enjoin me with the girl whom i long for...ameen..

Italianguy
01-19-2010, 04:37 AM
I have the solution.....ready?? Come to my place pic up my wife and Zainab anyyyyyyyyyyytime you want! All of you are more than welcome to stay away as long as you want, oops....i meant have tea or something. I will pay for it all:D.......please help me:cry: someone take them shopping for meimsad

AnonymousPoster
01-19-2010, 08:06 AM
so do i :(

zakirs
01-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Welcome to Islam sis :D..

And may be you need to go talk to sisters in those classes and make some friends :).All humans need companions.

latiffa
01-19-2010, 06:00 PM
There are moments in life when we really feel so lonely but this is only one step to be better. In this way we can understand how important it is to have friends, to have someone near to us. Why this? Because sometime the life bring near to us nice peoples but we don.t know to see their reall value. So, don.t lose ur hope that tomorrow u,ll have more friends! :smile:

And by the way, u don.t feel u have here allready so many friends ready to talk with u about nice things and to offer u a good support when u need one advice from somone honestly with u?

glo
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Amanda, can I ask you where you live? (Only answer this, if you feel comfortable to do so)

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Suee. I live in small town in South Carolina.

Italianguy
01-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Suee. I live in small town in South Carolina.
My brother and his wife live in Goose creek SC.

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
My brother and his wife live in Goose creek SC.
I live pretty far from there. I'm five minutes from GA

AhmadibnNasroon
01-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Assalamu 3laykum,

There is a very simple solution to your problem and that is for you to get married, HOWEVER....being a new Muslimah I highly recommend you take some time to learn your deen. Learn aqeedah as much as you can so when you do seek a spouse you don't end up being with a modernist, Quranist, shi3ee, or any other wierd belief that people have these days.

Also get a chance to learn more Qur'an. Remember becoming a wife brings the possibility of becoming a mother and who would be a better teacher to your children than yourself!

I'm reminded of Umm Abdallah, Aishah radiallaahu anha. She did not have any children but she was the aunt of Abdullah ibn a'Zubayr and Urwa ibn a'Zubayr. The mufasiroon mentioned Urwa's explanation of Qur'an is authentic because he learned Qur'an right from his aunty Aishah!!!

Whilst doing all of this, get familiar with more sisters. Keep in contact with them and this will help ease your feelings of loneliness and who knows, they probably have older brothers, or younger, that are looking to get married. This will also increase the Islamic community and boosts your emaan.

Once you do formulate a basis of understanding of your deen, then I recommend getting in contact with Imam Muhammad Syed Adly. He's in South Carolina I believe and I'm sure he can find you a potential.

So..

1- Traverse a path of knowledge
2- Make contact with sisters THEN...
3- Seek marriage with one who is suitable and worthy of you

Hope this helps, welcome to Islam ukhti

assalamu 3laykum!

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
Assalamu 3laykum,

There is a very simple solution to your problem and that is for you to get married, HOWEVER....being a new Muslimah I highly recommend you take some time to learn your deen. Learn aqeedah as much as you can so when you do seek a spouse you don't end up being with a modernist, Quranist, shi3ee, or any other wierd belief that people have these days.

Also get a chance to learn more Qur'an. Remember becoming a wife brings the possibility of becoming a mother and who would be a better teacher to your children than yourself!

I'm reminded of Umm Abdallah, Aishah radiallaahu anha. She did not have any children but she was the aunt of Abdullah ibn a'Zubayr and Urwa ibn a'Zubayr. The mufasiroon mentioned Urwa's explanation of Qur'an is authentic because he learned Qur'an right from his aunty Aishah!!!

Whilst doing all of this, get familiar with more sisters. Keep in contact with them and this will help ease your feelings of loneliness and who knows, they probably have older brothers, or younger, that are looking to get married. This will also increase the Islamic community and boosts your emaan.

Once you do formulate a basis of understanding of your deen, then I recommend getting in contact with Imam Muhammad Syed Adly. He's in South Carolina I believe and I'm sure he can find you a potential.

So..

1- Traverse a path of knowledge
2- Make contact with sisters THEN...
3- Seek marriage with one who is suitable and worthy of you

Hope this helps, welcome to Islam ukhti

assalamu 3laykum!
Thank you. I'm already doing the first two steps and learning a lot. How could I get in touch with this Imam

AhmadibnNasroon
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Thank you. I'm already doing the first two steps and learning a lot. How could I get in touch with this Imam
Try here

http://www.adlyonline.com/contact

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you brother. I wonder what he'll say

AhmadibnNasroon
01-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Thank you brother. I wonder what he'll say
He's cool, dont' sweat it, if its possible, ask him to be your wali.

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 11:29 PM
He's cool, dont' sweat it, if its possible, ask him to be your wali.
thanks bro.:) A wali is like a guardian right?

AhmadibnNasroon
01-20-2010, 12:01 AM
thanks bro.:) A wali is like a guardian right?
Ahhh, yes...I highly recommend you read Muhammad al Jibaly's books on marriage before you attempt getting into this.

The first one is very helpful and so is the third.

The first one is titled, "The Quest For Love & Mercy" and the third is "The Fragile Vessels"

The first book basically goes through the whole marriage process and what is needed. The third book speaks about the rights of spouses. They're both great reads and I highly recommend you read these books before attempting getting married.

Xcoolamandax
01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Thank you brother. I'll try and find them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.