/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if I'm ready?

Xcoolamandax
01-18-2010, 10:33 PM
To wear hijab? I almost feel like I want to sometimes but I'm not sure.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-19-2010, 09:55 AM
:sl:
whats holding you back? perhaps go back and try rectify that. hijaab is something very important in Islam and we shouldn't sit around and make excuses for ourselves ;]

pray to Allah to soften your heart towards it and make it easy for you :)

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
whats holding you back? perhaps go back and try rectify that. hijaab is something very important in Islam and we shouldn't sit around and make excuses for ourselves ;]

pray to Allah to soften your heart towards it and make it easy for you :)
I think fear is holding me back. Of what my family and others would think

zakirs
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM

MashaAllah for thinking sister :). Remember niyat (intentions) are very important :D

May be you are scared ? .. Try talking to some hijabi sisters and clear your doubts. What ever you do , do it for Allah.

All the best :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
01-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Assalamualikum
Don't think about your relatives because if you think that what hey will think then you will always be back. At first you feel something embarrassing :exhausted but whenever you feel so remember what Allah wants you to do.Always think about Allah in difficult times. May Allah help you in your good intentions.
Ameen

Raaina
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
I think fear is holding me back. Of what my family and others would think
I know exactly how you feel, i'm sure other revert sisters do also.
It's a whole worry about how your family, friends, family friends will act towards you.

Personally, fear is holding me back also imsad. There is not a big muslim community where I live, although there is one in the next town and I feel it would draw unwanted attention to me if I wore the hijab right here and now.

Only you can know when it is right. Do you attend a mosque? I assume if you do, you'd wear a hijab there, then maybe you could just keep it on until you get home and build it up bit by bit like that.

What about moving to a muslim populated area, where you would feel more comfortable wearing a hijab with others wearing it to?

I'm sure other sisters can advise better.
but I am in the same postion as you :statisfie

May allah make it easier for you :statisfie

Xcoolamandax
01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I know exactly how you feel, i'm sure other revert sisters do also.
It's a whole worry about how your family, friends, family friends will act towards you.

Personally, fear is holding me back also imsad. There is not a big muslim community where I live, although there is one in the next town and I feel it would draw unwanted attention to me if I wore the hijab right here and now.

Only you can know when it is right. Do you attend a mosque? I assume if you do, you'd wear a hijab there, then maybe you could just keep it on until you get home and build it up bit by bit like that.

What about moving to a muslim populated area, where you would feel more comfortable wearing a hijab with others wearing it to?

I'm sure other sisters can advise better.
but I am in the same postion as you :statisfie

May allah make it easier for you :statisfie
Thank you sister. My reasons are very similar to yours. I do wish I could move to a more Muslim populated city. I'm the only Muslim in my town I think. I wish I atleast lived in a Muslim household

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.