/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dieting tips

muslimsister1
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
:sl:

Hope you all in good health, jst after some tips, i used to b 9st, now after 2 years of marrige i have put on a stone, i thnk this may be due to takeaways. U see @ my mums takeaways were eaten very rarley and @ ma inlaws it can be eaten at least twce a week, if nt mre. Now i need tips to brng my weight dwn, be grateful for any advice.

Jazakallah

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
10 st is fine absolutely!

muslimsister1
01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
it dsnt feel fne to me, dats the problem :(

Cabdullahi
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
those bones need meat covering them!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
01-19-2010, 12:33 PM
10 stone isn't really a bad weight sister, I wish I was only 10 stone!

Anyway, you've identified your problem so you can identify the solution.

Give up or cut back on the takeaways :)

Failing that, you need to burn more calories then you eat, so walk upstairs instead of taking the lift, try and walk to the local shop rather then taking the car.
Make little changes like that and inshallah you will soon loose that extra stone :)

Lonely Gal
01-19-2010, 12:41 PM
i get where ur comin from.. the weight may b ok but if one doesnt feel comfortable with it themselves then it does not..
i am in the same boat.
the way i got my weight down was rather than making it a big deal over its a 'diet' i just said to meself i wont eat as much.. i eat everything.. crisps junk the lot.. but just limit myself.. i have to say i prob have takeaway one a mnth if that.. mums roti is the best and too hard not have everyday.. dnt bother with the products that say 'light' 'low fat' etc.. i think its all a con..
if u can exercise.. jus run abt the house.. get a wii..
hope summat works for u

latiffa
01-20-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1

Hope you all in good health, jst after some tips, i used to b 9st, now after 2 years of marrige i have put on a stone, i thnk this may be due to takeaways. U see @ my mums takeaways were eaten very rarley and @ ma inlaws it can be eaten at least twce a week, if nt mre. Now i need tips to brng my weight dwn, be grateful for any advice.

Jazakallah

:wa:
It is not so difficult as u believe!

First of all, u must not eat hard after 6 pm, that means only tea, milk, one yogurt maximum, or one fruit. And evry day must take care to drink 2 liter of water. Of course, a little walk every day help, too. In rest, no problem with the eat. In this way u go down the kilo but the body will be healthy not like after one strictly diet. :smile:

mish mash
01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
less takeawayz mor fruut an try snackin less!!
hope it hlpss!!
:)

waqas maqsood
01-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Sister.. Plenty of fluid.. Water is the best.. See the thing with me is when I have this input, I don't know if its hunger or thirst.. But most of us think is food we need but DON'T.. We got to replenish ourself with lots of water.. Desirably 3-4 litres a day! And that also helps us to cut down on food.

Secondaly, asians got to cut down with the amount of oil in our cooking.. I understand cooking doesn't taste the same but oil/ fat takes longer to break down compare to carbs n protein.

Thirdly, as you heard this again and again.. EXERCISE.. Got to burn those fat n sugars that are stored in our body!

And last but not least, don't eat dinner very very late n to go to sleep..

S_87
01-22-2010, 12:58 PM

id suggest not to go on a 'x amount of weeks' diet where youll only eat certain things because they work but then after you put it all on just as fast.
first-detox, then just eat healthily and the exercise and the weight should go in a slow healthy way. have a 'treat day' where youll eat take away and sweet stuff within moderation so you dont build up those cravings then go on a snack attack.
also, when you feel hungry and you ate recently, then just drink water which fills you up/sometimes we arent actually 'hungry'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.