/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to IB

AlHoda
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM
:sl:

My dear brothers and sisters, I hope you are all in good health. I am worried that I have a problem which could turn out serious. I am getting a bit addicted to IB, no seriously, I am thinking of it all day. Is this bad? Just what to kow your opinion.

May Allah bless you all.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
01-20-2010, 03:49 AM
:wa:, sister.

Addiction of any kind can be a negative thing.
Are you neglecting other things that you should be doing in order to come on to IB?
Is there anything else that you find interesting?
Perhaps it could be boredom..
Try to stay off it for a few days and see how you feel.

Rafeeq
01-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Agree,
Adiction is not a good sign. Try doing some other thing. Try reading books or what ever you like. Distribute your time to use IB (by the way, I feel the same way)

Life_Is_Short
01-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Those are the classic signs of IB disease. Have you seen a doctor lately?

Just joking, I agree with sister Donia and brother Rafeeq.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Those are the classic signs of IB disease. Have you seen a doctor lately?

Just joking, I agree with sister Donia and brother Rafeeq.
Well sign me up for a prescription for that.....I am on here all day;D
off and on , but it doesn't keep me from my duty's

Chuck
01-20-2010, 06:54 AM
What is IB?

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Oh brother! you're using Islamic Board since feb 2005 and u still dont know it is abbreviated as IB.

............................[/QUOTE]

Chuck
01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
Oh brother! you're using Islamic Board since feb 2005 and u still dont know it is abbreviated as IB.

[/QUOTE]
Now I feel stupid :embarrass

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-20-2010, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

My dear brothers and sisters, I hope you are all in good health. I am worried that I have a problem which could turn out serious. I am getting a bit addicted to IB, no seriously, I am thinking of it all day. Is this bad? Just what to kow your opinion.

May Allah bless you all.

:exhausted

:p

Raaina
01-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Forum's are addictive... esp when you find a good one like IB!

better sign me up to see that doctor for IB disease! ;D

Danah
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I was like that since I came here at 2007 but I found myself having some periods of time where I feel bored and dont want to come here for some time.

Dont worry you will have such times. But its better to control yourself since you are still in the beginning though

latiffa
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Stay away some days but don.t give up at all.

U need to talk with someone, to change ideas, to learn more...So, go on! :smile:

zacc
01-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Salamu Alaykum,

These sites can be very unhealthy, i myself am free at the moment so have got time on my side just to browse but i know in 2 wks that will not be the case i will be busy at work. If i was you i would have time out for a while. You would be surprised how many people are addicted to forums like these very interesting read the numbers seem to be increasing all the time. Chill out bro this site should not take over your life.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-22-2010, 12:43 AM
^^ Lol isnt it a sister?
Aslaamu alaaykum..
sis if you live with your family, try helping them out with stuff they may need help on, ask them Insha`Allaah. Try going for walk outside, and look at the creation of Allaah, and talk to Allaah, how beautiful is the world. obviously somewhere wheres theres no fitnah, somewhere quiet where you can rest your mind..Thank Allaah, spend a few hours, try doing some reading on Hadiths, you can maybe read some verses from the Quraan and then translate it to yourself and try memorising them. Insha`Allaah, also you can try give some Dawah..Insha`Allaah thats my advice, theres more, but i think thats enough for Now Insha`Allaah..Sorry if i said anything bad or wrong :(
Wa alaaykum Salaam :)

Al-manar
01-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Peace

Addiction to anything is negative ,even addiction to religion !

Holy Quran [028:077] And seek, in that which Allah has given thee, the Home of the Hereafter; without neglecting your share in this world.....

Ali_uk
01-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Take some time out, it will put things in perspective for you.

Rabi'ya
01-22-2010, 04:07 PM

i wrote a similar thread. LI is very addicting. i cannot escape it some days. i wish i can.
its the sign of a true member ;)

sis i pray for you to be able to relieve yourself from LI often enough :)

zakirs
01-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Onething you can do to help is stop coming to IB for 2 days .. after that you realise that you are not so addicted as u think.Lock you laptop in ur cupboard for 2 days :) ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.