/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would you?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-20-2010, 10:40 AM
:sl:
hypothetically speaking:

if you (as a Muslim) were invited to talk about Islam on a radio/TV show KNOWING fully well that this radio/tv show tend to give people's interviews a bit of cosmetic surgery (aka twisting their words out of context and/or saying something knowing fully well they will react "badly" giving them a bad name, etc), would you still go ahead?

why/why not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-20-2010, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
hypothetically speaking:

if you (as a Muslim) were invited to talk about Islam on a radio/TV show KNOWING fully well that this radio/tv show tend to give people's interviews a bit of cosmetic surgery (aka twisting their words out of context and/or saying something knowing fully well they will react "badly" giving them a bad name, etc), would you still go ahead?

why/why not?
I probably wouldn't. Why give your time and energy trying to do them a favour, going on the show, giving them publicity etc if all they are going to do in return is twist your words and make you look bad? :hmm:

I wouldn't give them the time of day personally. :nervous:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
^
Aslaamu alaaykum...Yes, But you never know whos heart maybe affected ie the listeners, it may interest atleast one listener. and remmeber Allaah is the one who guides who he wills, where he wills and when he wills..
But if theyre gonna curse, i would personally think its best to stay away from such a place.
However, you did your Work/Dawah, and the rest is up to them, but for sre if they twist stuff and choose to say things out of context, than they are surely proven to be the liars. But Insha`Allaah thats my view/opinion..hopefully more brothers and sisters can answer with a better response :)..and forgive me for any wrong thing i said :(
Wa alaaykum salaam

Somaiyah
01-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I would. Because there can always be one or two persons taking your words, going to the facts, finding the truth and becoming Muslims inshaAllah. Always think that every little thing you do when talking about Islam can make someone convert.
BUT I would be very careful in what I say. Never to say anything that you in the next sentence will explain, and always only say good things. If they ask you something, only answer directly in few words and don't answer with a sentence and then explain what you mean. If you want to explain for example wife "beating", then don't start by saying "In Islam it's okej to 'beat' the wife in some circumstances" and then proceed by saying "But first you shall abandon her, then do this, then do that and you're not allowed to do anything more than a toothbrush and not in her face and not to hurt her", because they won't listen to the last thing, only to the first. So go to the explanations direct and skip talking anything about the real fact which needs you to explain in the next sentence.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
01-22-2010, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
hypothetically speaking:

why/why not?
:sl: It would be a great opportunity to show people the truth of Islam but i don't have enough knowledge or skills to deal with people like that. Even if i did, I would rather use my energy on people who want to listen and question for the pupose of knowing rather than mockering for the purpose of entertaining. :exhausted

abu salaahudeen
01-22-2010, 05:55 PM
i would go to clarify to the best of my abilities and set any record straight and not to mention the positive outcomes that may arise.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!