/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having troubles with sleeping because of flu medicine

Danah
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
:sl:

I was taking a flu medicine for 10 days and you know that most of those medicines make you feel sleepy. So, me sleeping was very perfect as I fall sleep 1 hour or less after taking the medicine.

Now that I have stopped taking the medicine 5 days ago I am literally suffering in sleeping. I stayed around 2 hours in bed trying to sleep but I couldn't. I waked up kinda late in the morning and had headache and felt that I didn't sleep well. I even tried to not use the computer too much before sleeping so I will be more relaxed but without any use!

How I can control my sleeping again? This is always happen to me after stopping the flu medicine and I kept on that suffering for around 2 weeks till getting my old sleeping habit back again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
:sl:

I was taking a flu medicine for 10 days and you know that most of those medicines make you feel sleepy. So, me sleeping was very perfect as I fall sleep 1 hour or less after taking the medicine.

Now that I have stopped taking the medicine 5 days ago I am literally suffering in sleeping. I stayed around 2 hours in bed trying to sleep but I couldn't. I waked up kinda late in the morning and had headache and felt that I didn't sleep well. I even tried to not use the computer too much before sleeping so I will be more relaxed but without any use!

How I can control my sleeping again? This is always happen to me after stopping the flu medicine and I kept on that suffering for around 2 weeks till getting my old sleeping habit back again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

:sl: sister,

I am by no means a doctor or an expert but,

It appears your body is having withdrawal symptoms from the medication, so before your body was receiving medicine and telling you to go to sleep, now it gets to that stage and there is no medicine so, it doesn't know what to do, which is why you are awake.

Perhaps you could take a herbal remedy to help you sleep, or you could do other things, such as reading in bed, or taking a relaxing bath, anything like that to help you fall asleep. Or even do stuff around the house to make you tired so much so that you will fall asleep when you hit the pillow :statisfie

جوري
01-21-2010, 02:45 AM
what was the name of your medication?

Danah
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
^^Usually I use Actified, but this time they gave me something else "since it was not available that day" with the same effect and resulting in the same sleeping problem. I forgot the name because I already threw the bottle:

format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Perhaps you could take a herbal remedy to help you sleep, or you could do other things, such as reading in bed, or taking a relaxing bath, anything like that to help you fall asleep. Or even do stuff around the house to make you tired so much so that you will fall asleep when you hit the pillow :statisfie
Jazakiallah khair sis for replying.

I do read and read and read in bed, but nothing change :hmm: in the normal days I used to read a book a fall asleep after 30 minutes of reading, but this is not the case now!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
pseudophed is non habit forming.. it just makes you groggy (and for a very small percentage hyperactive) , it will blow over in a day or two insha'Allah.. so try to get into a regular pattern tonight..

Danah
01-21-2010, 05:20 PM
^^habibti I had been like this for like a week or so. Anyways, jazakiAllah khair for the help wa barakAllahfu feeki. InshaAllah I will be able to get into my regular pattern in sleeping in the few coming days.

جوري
01-21-2010, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^^habibti I had been like this for like a week or so. Anyways, jazakiAllah khair for the help wa barakAllahfu feeki. InshaAllah I will be able to get into my regular pattern in sleeping in the few coming days.
:sl: sis

pseudoephed has an elimination half life 4-6 hrs, so depending on your renal function it really should be completely out of your system by now, the after affect are due to a wrong pattern that you may have gotten into because of that med but not because of dependence on it.

I think if you'll regulate your sleeping pattern by methods (I have listed under advise forum) you can transition into your old pattern.. it is easy to have a pitfall, the only thing I can recommend for you, though it is quite difficult to do, is to wake up very early in the morning, say at fajr time, and remain awake, even if you feel lousy and then go to bed at a time you decide, when you go to bed don't do any other activity than sleep, in other words no watching TV or playing with IPOD etc. and the next day do the same thing again, wake up at fajr and remain awake. in time your body will get accustomed to the new pattern insha'Allah..

and Allah swt knows best

Danah
01-21-2010, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl: sis

pseudoephed has an elimination half life 4-6 hrs, so depending on your renal function it really should be completely out of your system by now, the after affect are due to a wrong pattern that you may have gotten into because of that med but not because of dependence on it.
SubhanAllah!! 4-6 hours! So its just the remaining of the med on the body!
I wonder why this sleeping problem always come at the same time I stopped taking that med! Allahu'Alam

I think if you'll regulate your sleeping pattern by methods (I have listed under advise forum) you can transition into your old pattern.. it is easy to have a pitfall, the only thing I can recommend for you, though it is quite difficult to do, is to wake up very early in the morning, say at fajr time, and remain awake, even if you feel lousy and then go to bed at a time you decide, when you go to bed don't do any other activity than sleep, in other words no watching TV or playing with IPOD etc. and the next day do the same thing again, wake up at fajr and remain awake. in time your body will get accustomed to the new pattern insha'Allah..

and Allah swt knows best
I did something similar today though, but not waking up from the early fajir. I will try to wake up a bit more earlier tomorrow so I will be doing that in step inshaAllah.

Sis, I searched for the list you talked about but didn't find it, did you started a thread for that or it was just a post? I am interested to read it.

JazakiAllah khair sis :)
your input are much appreciated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.