/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone upgrade

Cabdullahi
01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
:sl:

Has anyone upgraded their contract phone with three..im due for an upgrade in 7 days inshallah but im looking for a specific phone that i have a feeling they wont offer me its the HTC HERO.....:hmm:

Do they offer you any phone on a limited tariff or limited selection of phones on various tariffs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
bump

Dagless
01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Depends on network, how long you've been with them, how much you spend, etc. There are some good deals for the Hero on Orange and Tmob for new customers you might want to consider.

Life_Is_Short
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
:wa:
My dad has Nokia 6500 Slide at the mo and he asked for an upgrade but the guy said we'll increase the charge and then offer you a better phone. My dad said no so they refused. If you've been a customer for a long time then they might offer you the phone without changing anything.

Tell them i've decided to join T-mobile if they become stubborn.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-20-2010, 09:40 PM
what phone did you dad ask for was it a standard phone or a high-end one?

Life_Is_Short
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Something better than Nokia 6500.

Asiyaah
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
What I do is I ask for an amazing deal. When they say 'no.' - I say 'ok well I guess I will have to go to your competitor xyz.' Usually at that point they transfer you to the retention dept, this dept can give you awesome deals. If still not getting anywhere ask for a supervisor. That's how I got a free blackberry :P

Cabdullahi
01-20-2010, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
What I do is I ask for an amazing deal. When they say 'no.' - I say 'ok well I guess I will have to go to your competitor xyz.' Usually at that point they transfer you to the retention dept, this dept can give you awesome deals. If still not getting anywhere ask for a supervisor. That's how I got a free blackberry :P
Very manipulative

Asiyaah
01-21-2010, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Very manipulative
oooh imsad - will keep it to myself next time....

CosmicPathos
01-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Very manipulative
well you can look for other competitors and if they are really providing cheap offers then its not being manipulative anymore.

Everyone does it. Depends if you really have seen good offers which your network is not providing.

zacc
01-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Salaams,

It depends on what sort of phone your looking for and what tariff you want to go for did you say your with 3? i have not heard positive things about them so i don't know.

I am with orange on a contract the tariff I've got you probably may or may not get i get 900 any network, 300 text mess, and unlimited land line calls for free all this for £17.50 but i only got this because i threatened legal action against them so they well lets just say i won my case. What i do know is if you give in your old mobile, on your contract they knock off some money from your monthly bill this can come to something like £3.50 or even more which i think is good. This includes line rental and something for the old mobile. Just shop around try to do a deal with them only on your terms don't let them fob you off.

Hope the above was some use????

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
oooh imsad - will keep it to myself next time....
i was kidding

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 05:59 PM

this is the shiiizle

Asiyaah
01-21-2010, 08:06 PM
i was kidding

oooh my bad :p - What about an iPhone?

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 08:09 PM
the iphone is too much...im only a student

with the HTC hero i will pay 25 quid a month and get 500 mins and unlimited internet and texts

but i doubt 3mobile will offer this to me as an upgrade...they only offer a limited selection and force you to choose a wacky phone unless i become very manipulative and i can never do that im not good at it...id be laughing instead of being serious

Ali_uk
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
3 offered me a great deal, to upgrade they halved the price of my plan and gave me a great new phone.
Its a good deal but i regret it as 3 are a nightmare to talk to when i call. I will not get another upgrade with them!

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_uk
3 offered me a great deal, to upgrade they halved the price of my plan and gave me a great new phone.
Its a good deal but i regret it as 3 are a nightmare to talk to when i call. I will not get another upgrade with them!
when did they give you an upgrade give me the exact date and tell me what selection of phones they offered to you

Rabi'ya
01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
:sl: bro

my contract is up for renewal at the mo too. I initally chose sony ericsson w995 coz I am a bit hesitant when it comes to touch screen phones. but it was absolutely rubbish. i sent it back after 4 days. so now i too am looking at the HTC hero. Im on Orange and i can get it on my current plan(only a bit cheaper coz i been with them a while now) itll be about £20 with 600 min, unltd txt and unltd browsing! Seems like a good deal to me, but depends on the phone i guess. it really depends what u want out of a phone. what features are important to u?

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
:( i lost out they wouldnt give me the HTC hero so i persisted on saying i was going to leave and now i have to pay a cancellation fee :( and the way it works out their getting some profit if i go now rather than to just finish the left over 3 months on my contract

bloody con-men!!

CosmicPathos
01-27-2010, 03:06 PM
:( i lost out they wouldnt give me the HTC hero so i persisted on saying i was going to leave and now i have to pay a cancellation fee :( and the way it works out their getting some profit if i go now rather than to just finish the left over 3 months on my contract

bloody con-men!!
why dont you get some other phone. HTC Hero aint that good? I mean, I have never used it but I try to keep abreast with the latest on gadgets :p

Which network are you on? Why dont you get HTC Touch Pro 2?

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
i think thats too much for me i have no job :(

CosmicPathos
01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
i think thats too much for me i have no job :(
Tell me the network, i can check their site and recommend some cheaper ones?

Soulja Girl
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM

with the HTC hero i will pay 25 quid a month and get 500 mins and unlimited internet and texts
^Ain't £25 a lil too much, am sure you can get sumat better?? :><:

And sorry for hijackin your thread buh would ya recomment an LG Cookie??

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Ain't £25 a lil too much, am sure you can get sumat better?? :><:

And sorry for hijackin your thread buh would ya recomment an LG Cookie??

Thanks sister but i dont like LG..i want the HTC hero it has android OS but its pricey :(

S_87
01-27-2010, 03:31 PM

I had a cookie/ it is good/ depends on what you want...what do you want in a phone?

wouldnt it be good if u ask them to just renew your sim contract (you can get that done for next to nothing) then buy the phone u want. can work out MUCH cheaper

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
A guy with a Cookie phone nah that will be uncool

the phone i want has GPS and good browsing capabilities but i called them today and he said its available to me but i have to pay 150 pounds and 21 pounds every month thereafter but thats daylight robbery :( and my heart was broken because new members can get it for free :(

S_87
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
^^ well eave them then re join them on a total new contract? or go to someone else/but keep your number

get sometihng like this:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy...900-N2024-WCON

CosmicPathos
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM

the phone i want has GPS and good browsing capabilities but i called them today and he said its available to me but i have to pay 150 pounds and 21 pounds every month thereafter but thats daylight robbery :( and my heart was broken because new members can get it for free :(
you can call me a nokia fan boy but thats because they mostly meet my needs perfectly.

Why dont you check Nokia 5800? You get touch screen, gps, wifi etc at a very cheap price ...

dont get cookie :p

Soulja Girl
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Why not get cookie? It looks niiceee! :ooh:

And ya Nokia pwns!

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
the nokia 5800 is ok but! i've just cancelled my contract its too late im going to be phone-less in bout 1 month:(

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
^^ well eave them then re join them on a total new contract? or go to someone else/but keep your number

get sometihng like this:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy...900-N2024-WCON
thanks i think i'll do that...i have to wait until my current suppliers take their cancellation fee from the next bill then only i can search for new phones with other companies

cheers eweryone :)

Soulja Girl
01-27-2010, 03:51 PM

How about Nokia 6300? Or Prism?

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

How about Nokia 6300? Or Prism?

have you worked for sales departments before? why are you advertising to me all these phones that i dont want

im kidding sister but i'll just wait and go for an E71 ,HTC hero or nokia 5800

and i dont want prisms or cookies

Dagless
01-27-2010, 04:24 PM
What about the Samsung Galaxy? I agree that android rocks and the Hero is one of the first handsets to get the Eclair upgrade (latest version of android), its due very soon.

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
not a samsung fan sorry brother

KittenLover
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I've had a really bad experience with samsung products I bought a samsung VHS player and it broke in 6 months, I bought a samsung fridge and the buttons broke after 1 year. the only good thing samsung can make is mobile fones.

CosmicPathos
01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
have you worked for sales departments before? why are you advertising to me all these phones that i dont want

im kidding sister but i'll just wait and go for an E71 ,HTC hero or nokia 5800

and i dont want prisms or cookies
Just get 5800 man. I have e71, its a solidly built phone with an amazing battery life (gives me about 4 days on one charge). But, display screen is too small, qwerty keyboard is cramped, you need to have small finger pores to become efficient on it. It works for me though as I dont type MUCH from phone, just regular text or short emails.

5800 is a better option if touch screen and display size are your things.

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 07:22 AM
5800 battery life :(

CosmicPathos
01-28-2010, 07:29 AM
5800 battery life :(
its 1320 mAh .... which actually is not bad. e71 has 1500 mAh, nokias highest capacity battery. 5800 should last you at least one day with moderate to heavy use. With low use, you should get at least 1.5-2ish days out of one charge.

If battery life is important for you, check nokia e55/e52 ... they are non-touch screen phones with simple design but they pack awesome goodies with fast processor, compass, gps, wifi, 1500 mAh batter with 28 day standby period! You get free Ovi Maps pedestrian and driving navigation solution with it! I am looking into adding e55 into my arsenal :p

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 06:34 PM
i called again today and i was offered the nokia 5800 but im not too sure about the phone anyone here use it and can give me some info on it

thanks

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
anyone :(

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 06:59 PM
^ looks ok I guess, if it has awesome features that would make up for the looks.

aadil77
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Has anyone upgraded their contract phone with three..im due for an upgrade in 7 days inshallah but im looking for a specific phone that i have a feeling they wont offer me its the HTC HERO.....:hmm:

Do they offer you any phone on a limited tariff or limited selection of phones on various tariffs?
get the 6700, best phone out right now - in my opinion

I got it on upgrade for 5 pounds a month

don't get that nokia xpress phone its just a crap slow symbian phone with a crappy touch screen

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
get the 6700, best phone out right now - in my opinion

I got it on upgrade for 5 pounds a month

don't get that nokia xpress phone its just a crap slow symbian phone with a crappy touch screen
5 pounds a month ?!? you must have paid an upfront cost to get that sort of offer

what minutes u gettin and with who?

aadil77
01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
5 pounds a month ?!? you must have paid an upfront cost to get that sort of offer

what minutes u gettin and with who?
the phones are free, 500 mins 100 texts, its cos my mums bills are quite high :p

after a year with 3 you should get some loyalty discount on line rent

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
the phones are free, 500 mins 100 texts, its cos my mums bills are quite high :p

after a year with 3 you should get some loyalty discount on line rent
well brother im after a touch screen and i've been with three for about 13 months now and im eligible for an upgrade

they're offering me the nokia 5800

for

500 mix and match for 26 quid

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
i called again today and i was offered the nokia 5800 but im not too sure about the phone anyone here use it and can give me some info on it

thanks
I've used its not one of the best touch screen phones out there but its decent enough, anyway use this website its got a few reviews and nearly everything you need to know about the phone :

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic-2537.php

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
cheers for that ^

sevgi
01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
well brother im after a touch screen and i've been with three for about 13 months now and im eligible for an upgrade

for

I don't know what a quid is, besides the fact that it rhymes with squid, but I'd give a whole of 'em for one of these phones. I wan't one. It really isn't the best phone out there, but it's one of the better nokias out at the moment and it looks pretty cool.

Beats my stupid N81. My phone is possessed. It types smses by itself and does weird things like trying to unclock the keypad etc. And every now and then, my microphone stops working so nobody can hear me when I speak. (But I think that's my fault, I spilt tahini all over my phone...dont ask.)

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
I don't know what a quid is, besides the fact that it rhymes with squid, but I'd give a whole of 'em for one of these phones. I wan't one. It really isn't the best phone out there, but it's one of the better nokias out at the moment and it looks pretty cool.

Beats my stupid N81. My phone is possessed. It types smses by itself and does weird things like trying to unclock the keypad etc. And every now and then, my microphone stops working so nobody can hear me when I speak. (But I think that's my fault, I spilt tahini all over my phone...dont ask.)
^ lol the 5800 is a good phone but the battery life is terrible the n81 looks pretty good tho

Dagless
01-31-2010, 05:26 PM

for

That's not a good deal. You can get better deals for the Hero! Upgrade deals usually suck. Just port over to another network.

sevgi
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
^ lol the 5800 is a good phone but the battery life is terrible the n81 looks pretty good tho
To be fair, my phone has been awesome for me...I just havent treated it well. But its old now. Like super old. I took it to my local Arab phone repairs/ tabacconist to get it fixed, lol, he told me it wasnt worth it and didnt fix it. He tried to make me do a trade in though....geez he was dodgy. He wanted me to put like AU$500 ontop of my N81 for a stupid samsung....

bewildred
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Here, it's about points that phone company gives away each time we charge our cell phones. I had the N60 but felt like having an iphone. I bought it but wasn't satisfied with it since I like to exchange lots of stuff with it. Now, I'm having the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. I really do like it. Concerning the batteries, one should buy the original ones.

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Here, it's about points that phone company gives away each time we charge our cell phones. I had the N60 but felt like having an iphone. I bought it but wasn't satisfied with it since I like to exchange lots of stuff with it. Now, I'm having the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. I really do like it. Concerning the batteries, one should buy the original ones.
the right person i was looking for! sister tell me more about the battery life !!!

how does the 5800 compare to the Iphone?

bewildred
01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Well, the pics and video on the iphone are much better. However, when you've got an iphone, it's like you must have buddies to share stuff with must have iphone too. I mean, you can't exchange files such as mp3 or vids with friends who don't have iphone. To upgrade it, you need to pay extra money for everything. I sold it and bought the Nokia 5800. When you buy a battery made in China (pretty cheap), you listen to some mp3 files and it's already going dead. Try to find batteries from hungary. They are much better. I truly like my cellphone.

CosmicPathos
01-31-2010, 07:25 PM
@ abdullahi: iphone sucks. Nokia 5800 has resistive touch screen and people dont like it. Resistive touchscreen, however, is more accurate, work in ALL kinds of weathers, you can use it with gloves on. Try doing that with the crappy capacitative touch screen on iphone. Nokia 5800 is not the best touchscreen phone that Nokia has built but it surely is the best touchscreen bang for the buck. If you want to go higher specs, look into Nokia N900. Just no iphone.

Donia
01-31-2010, 08:58 PM

Is it possible for you to pay the cancellation fee and then just start over once your service is terminated?

Then you would be considered a new customer and you could get the phone you want for free, right?

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia

Is it possible for you to pay the cancellation fee and then just start over once your service is terminated?

Then you would be considered a new customer and you could get the phone you want for free, right?
I thought about that sister but i canceled the termination request and im just going to wait because my friend told me they'll offer me better phones when i have a month left on the contract

thanks for the advice though :)

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
I thought about that sister but i canceled the termination request and im just going to wait because my friend told me they'll offer me better phones when i have a month left on the contract

thanks for the advice though :)
Personally Bro i found 3 Network to be crap there are much better service providers which can give you a better deal, but anyway hope they do give you a better fone, all the best Bro

aadil77
01-31-2010, 09:22 PM
they're ripping you off bro with that upgrade option espec with that phone, how long is the contract and on what tariff?

If theres someone else in your family on three with high usage try and get them to upgrade with the phone you want then just swap phones.

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 04:22 PM
i canceled my contract and transferred my PAC code..al7amdulilah

chacha_jalebi
02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
check out a phone called htc hd2 oooo yeh, but it does hav some problems apprantely

and blackberries are pretty kool but i would say for a general all round phone, with games, mp3, video, its gotta be the iphone :D

CosmicPathos
02-06-2010, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
check out a phone called htc hd2 oooo yeh, but it does hav some problems apprantely

and blackberries are pretty kool but i would say for a general all round phone, with games, mp3, video, its gotta be the iphone :D
blackberries are good for nothing except email-on-the-go. Thanks God I do not want to read people's emails every second of my life.

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
what do you guys think of the HTC TATTOO

S<Chowdhury
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
what do you guys think of the HTC TATTOO
Its not as good as the Hero cause the the screen is bigger on the hero and its more comfortable to use, my mate has this phone its good but if you got the extra cash best to get the Hero its worth it.

Anyway check out the reviews n stuff on that website i gave you GSMArena

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
ask yoor frien hovs the bottery life ? please Mr chovdhury

S<Chowdhury
02-06-2010, 08:10 PM
ask yoor frien hovs the bottery life ? please Mr chovdhury
Hmmm my m8s a bit busy but err I'll ask later since you asked so nicely LMAO, from the reviews http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_tattoo-reviews-2932.php

it seems it depends how much you use the phone, if you keep the wifi on and use it regularly it seems you have to recharge it nearly everyday, but to be honest most people have said the battery life is quite terrible anyway regardless of how much you use it, some have said it doesn't even last a day. But it seems you can pick up a Extended 2200mAh Battery for HTC from amazon with a back cover for around £12-15. On another note the camera is quite poor it seems as well.

Best to spend that bit extra Bro and go for the Hero, but if you can wait till March/April then you can get the HTC Bravo, that what I'm waiting for

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 08:16 PM
some websites say the battery is fabulous

520 hours standby time thats like 14 days or summet like that

S<Chowdhury
02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
some websites say the battery is fabulous

520 hours standby time thats like 14 days or summet like that
Hmmm hard to distinguish who's right and wrong, i usually get a the phone on contract and make use of the trial period to put it through it paces. But anyway like i said the HTC Bravo looks good so if you wait a month or two, but I'll give you my m8s answer tomz.

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 08:26 PM
My budget is 190 pounds max....i dont work :(

S<Chowdhury
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
My budget is 190 pounds max....i dont work :(
Hmmm just keep shopping around unless there is urgency for you to get a phone soon, sometimes good deals appear not sure if your familiar with HotUkDeals sometimes good deals pop up. Just search the phone you want or just browse through other decent deals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/mobiles/all/hot

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 08:47 PM
oooh cheers mate they have the HTC touch pro at 219.99 thats a tempting offer

aadil77
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
get the 6500 classic can't go wrong with one, I've got it. Its a nice solid phone with a 5 meg camera and wicked vid quality, its got gps as well

i thinks its about 180, but if you're set with gettin a touch phone then get any except the 5800

S<Chowdhury
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
get the 6500 classic can't go wrong with one, I've got it. Its a nice solid phone with a 5 meg camera and wicked vid quality, its got gps as well

i thinks its about 180, but if you're set with gettin a touch phone then get any except the 5800
Apart from the headset for it, i bought one for my sister though it was the 2mp the headset broke and the socket within a year. But 6500 classic is a solid phone i found it to be to a bit basic with its function similar to the 6300 just a bit more jazzed up to be honest, but this is the 6500 2mega camera one though mind you.

aadil77
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
my bad I meant 6700

Cabdullahi
02-06-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks but no thanks

Cabdullahi
02-23-2010, 08:52 PM
alhamdulilah i have settled for a HTC TATTOO and its ok it does the job

Rabi'ya
02-23-2010, 09:00 PM
2 points....

firstly, NOKIA is on the boycott list dear brothers and sisters.
secondly, I upgraded to the HTC Hero and I have to say I am extremely happy with it. Got it for 18 pounds, with unltd internet, unltd texts, and400 mins. on orange upgrade.

have you made your final decision yet?

Cabdullahi
02-23-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~
2 points....

firstly, NOKIA is on the boycott list dear brothers and sisters.
secondly, I upgraded to the HTC Hero and I have to say I am extremely happy with it. Got it for 18 pounds, with unltd internet, unltd texts, and400 mins. on orange upgrade.

have you made your final decision yet?
the android OS is sick on these HTC handsets its simple and user-friendly

i canceled my contract and got a monthly sim i also purchased a new phone the HTC tattoo

it works cheaper for me this way im not a business man...im like a custodian

M..x
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
BlackBerry 8900 or Bold =)

Dagless
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I give the tattoo 2 thumbs up :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I give the tattoo 2 thumbs up :thumbs_up:thumbs_up
cheers mate!

waqas maqsood
02-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Blackberry 9700 (bold 2) is awesome.... Give it a try...

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Hands down the Iphone is the best. I bought them for everyone in my company, it even accepts credit cards! I am sure they have plans to fit any budget?

Dagless
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Hands down the Iphone is the best. I bought them for everyone in my company, it even accepts credit cards! I am sure they have plans to fit any budget?
Unless of course you want more than one application running at one time.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Unless of course you want more than one application running at one time.
This is true, my friend.

zana
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
i have the blackberry curve although i would like to get the nokia n97 but it is very expensive at the moment.

mohannad811
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I am mobile developer and we have done an amazing mobile application to help our muslim brothers all around the world
you can listen to quran any time from different quran radios all around the world as well as get alerts on the prayer times
available free for iphone and ipad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.