/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Piercings?

Maryan0
01-21-2010, 04:52 AM
:sl:
So I was just wondering whether more than one piercing in the ear is haram? I heard women should not exceed the one that is permissable.
Jazakhallah in advance for any replies.
salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
:sl: i don't know sis i heard that even wearing one pair of ear rings is haraam but i think thats not right. but i have a lot of piercings and im always buying different colored studs

Esther462
01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not to sure either. I got my ears pierced when I was a kid before I became muslim. I keep my holes open by putting eartings in the holes every now and then.
I personly thinks is ok as long as you only wear earrings with my family and female friends or wear studs under the hijab.

Maryan0
01-21-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: i don't know sis i heard that even wearing one pair of ear rings is haraam but i think thats not right. but i have a lot of piercings and im always buying different colored studs
I've never heard of the one being haram. I also have more than one piercing and i've heard many say that it is haram along with piercing ones nose so i'm confused?
salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maryan0
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
I'm not to sure either. I got my ears pierced when I was a kid before I became muslim. I keep my holes open by putting eartings in the holes every now and then.
I personly thinks is ok as long as you only wear earrings with my family and female friends or wear studs under the hijab.
:sl:I also got my first piercing as a kid but I later got other piercings and i've just now heard of it being haram "supposedly"?

Does anyone know for sure?
salam

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
I've never heard of the one being haram. I also have more than one piercing and i've heard many say that it is haram along with piercing ones nose so i'm confused?
salam
to have your nose pierced is allowed sis because i made a thread about it. u can even pray with your nose stud on as long as u wash around it properly but people will tell u different things. i sometimes take mine out and then sometimes which ever way it is allowed to have nose pierced anyway dont know about ear rings :)

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
a nose piercing looks like a bogey full stop.

al Amaanah
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/78255

:w:

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
but how could a gold nose stud look like a bugey? :><: or red or even pink for that matter. please enlighten us ?

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
but how could a gold nose stud look like a bugey? :><: or red or even pink for that matter. please enlighten us ?
what holds the gold stud in place.. isn't that inside the nose and when its loose because you kept breathing on it ...doesn't it look like a floating bogey ?

Somaiyah
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I have understood piercings are okej anywhere in the body, as long as it doesn't hurt you too much (because we shall not put ourselves in pain intentionally) and as long as you always hide them. If you have in the nose for example you shall take it out when out or wear niqab. And in ears you shall always cover the ears when having hijab.

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 09:56 PM
well nose studs tend not to get loose :><: unless some unexperienced person pierced your nose with a plyers or something lol :hmm:

Maryan0
01-22-2010, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
Thanks for the reply sis.
salam

Maryan0
01-22-2010, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Assalamu alaykum,

I have understood piercings are okej anywhere in the body, as long as it doesn't hurt you too much (because we shall not put ourselves in pain intentionally) and as long as you always hide them. If you have in the nose for example you shall take it out when out or wear niqab. And in ears you shall always cover the ears when having hijab.
Jazakhallah khair for the reply I get the gist now.
salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.