/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reducing financial burden

Xcoolamandax
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm going to be eighteen in a couple months that means my mother won't get anymore child support. I'm looking for a job but what else can I do to reduce the burden I present on her?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-22-2010, 07:17 AM
:sl:
best way to tackle financial is to differentiate between what you actually need, and not what you want. most things we have and buy are just "extras" ...so keep your costs and things you buy at a barest minimum (without getting too stingy if you can help it :hmm:)

maybe your mother can get remarried (or even yourself ):)
keep making dua and have sabr (patience ) as well

Raaina
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
I'm going to be eighteen in a couple months that means my mother won't get anymore child support. I'm looking for a job but what else can I do to reduce the burden I present on her?
One thing at a time eh sister :statisfie

I'm sure your mother will be happy you are looking for a job, are you still studying? If you're not studying full time, you might be entitled to recieve help off the government.

While you are out of work/ not studying, maybe you can take on some extra housework duties which will help your mother out alot :statisfie

Good luck in your job hunt sister :)

syilla
01-22-2010, 08:42 AM
salams... you can try google adsense. https://www.google.com/adsense/login3

But i also don't know much of doing it... i had created a thread but no one has reply. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
:sl: sister,
Good to hear that you have realised that you are not child any more and going out to earn for yourself. This is ironic that in my place (India) people even in their 20s live on their parent's earnings now matter if they are boy or girl. Actually most girls here don't live on their own. Until their age of marriage they live on their parent's earnings and after marriage they kill their husbands.;D
:wa:

Cabdullahi
01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
start wearing Hi-tecs and stop buying expensive shoes
start wearing old sweaters and stop buying trendy tops and blouses

stop buying make-up and start improvising...use flour for foundation and strawberry jam for lip gloss

if you do all that you'll save a lot of money

Raaina
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

stop buying make-up and start improvising...use flour for foundation and strawberry jam for lip gloss

And what if you are allergic to flour? :hiding:

Ali_uk
01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
You are searching for a job, in the mean time is there anything you or your mum could make to bring more money into the house.

My sister has learnt crochet, and my neice opened a shop on the a website for her, they bring in maybe £100 a week sometime!

Raaina
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_uk
You are searching for a job, in the mean time is there anything you or your mum could make to bring more money into the house.

My sister has learnt crochet, and my neice opened a shop on the a website for her, they bring in maybe £100 a week sometime!
That's really good :statisfie

I'm learning crochet, my mate brought me a book to make crochet figures :p

Xcoolamandax
01-23-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
best way to tackle financial is to differentiate between what you actually need, and not what you want. most things we have and buy are just "extras" ...so keep your costs and things you buy at a barest minimum (without getting too stingy if you can help it :hmm:)

maybe your mother can get remarried (or even yourself ):)
keep making dua and have sabr (patience ) as well
We plan on doing all of that. Except my mother can't get remarried and I still need to find someone

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-23-2010, 01:36 PM
...use flour for foundation and strawberry jam for lip gloss....
Dude for real?!?!?! ;D

S<Chowdhury
01-23-2010, 02:09 PM

LMAO ;D or maybe shop at Primark LOL. Trying looking into Local Libraries, the pay is quite good to be honest and plus it helps with your studies aswell since you can take out the study material.

Xcoolamandax
01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_uk

Thats sounds like a great idea:)

zakirs
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Yes may be you can do part time jobs. I don't know the ones you have in the place you live but may be you can do some handicraft stiching ( or what ever skill you have ) . You can also shift your internet to a low bandwidth connection ?

And the foremost is to try to the best of your ability to get a job and May Allah help to get you a job soon sister :).

Xcoolamandax
01-27-2010, 02:09 AM
I may have just gotten a job.

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
I may have just gotten a job.
mashallah thats very good sister!.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.