/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Supreme court gives U.S. government to corporations

deepfreeze66
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
View

Of course, any educated and informed person knew that any corporation that could afford it would send lobbyists to Washington to push their own agendas, and special interest groups funded the election campaigns of Clinton, Bush, Obama and many more. So then, instead of catering to the will of the people, these Presidents must cater to the will of the corporations and special interest groups who funded their campaigns as a payback for.. funding their campaigns. They must do this. There aint no free lunch in this world.

but now I think it will become rampant. what concerns me is, does this mean people will be drowned out by corporations and big government???

Im not american but i see this happening today and it probably means more corporate giants will be given precedence over what the people want

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
titus
01-22-2010, 11:50 PM
what concerns me is, does this mean people will be drowned out by corporations and big government???
What should concern you is how much influence will the corporations have over the people, as that will determine how much influence they have over the government.

My guess is that it won't be much.

Woodrow
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Big corporations have always run the US government. along with the governments of several other countries. The government's practice of using big business for manufacturing has resulted in corporate ownership of many nations

Nothing new there. The Government has always used private corporations. Everything done by governments funds is done by the lowest business. Even the military weapons are made but the lowest bidder. There are no government owned factories, businesses or contractors. However, the successful bidder for government contracts must abide by any and all Government requirements, restrictions and guidelines. Which will include but not be limited to materials, hiring practices, quality, quantity, security restrictions etc.

Bit of trivia a Chinese Company is/was a major manufacturer.

Please note the date of the article and I can not confirm if this is still true today, Just putting this up to give an idea as to how the USA government conducts business.

China Sole Manufacturer of Material for U.S. Missiles

It was in his 2003 State of the Union Address that President George W. Bush expressed his administration?s objective to ?strengthen global treaties banning the production and shipment of missile technologies.? It was thereafter, between 2003 and 2004, in which the Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States (CFIUS) allowed the last manufacturer in the U.S. that provided a key element instrumental in cruise missile guidance, to be relocated to the Peoples? Republic of China.

During this week?s U.S. visit of China President, Hu Jintao, and his meetings with President Bush and his advisors, it would be apropos to revisit a strategic corporate deal which occurred over a period of several years. With its finality in 2004, the U.S. now remains totally dependent upon China for key rare earth metals and their production necessary in the manufacture of the most crucial of U.S. military warfare

SOURCE: http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/8317

In the words of John Glenn, first American in space, when a reporter asked him his thoughts as he was being strapped in the Rocket. "This thing was built by the lowest bidder."

deepfreeze66
01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
What should concern you is how much influence will the corporations have over the people, as that will determine how much influence they have over the government.

My guess is that it won't be much.
You pretty much rephrased my statement in your own way.

"The people" have been a forgotten entity for a long time now. Just look at the past 2/3 years.

It looks like you're trying to say people's influence = government's influence, but the political arena has changed far too much for that to be the case anymore.

Although, that attitude is what will allow the wall street fat cats to keep doing what they're doing. Children standing in bread lines while bailouts are handed out on a silver platter. Yeah, the people's republic, (2 meanings in that sentiment, let's see if anyone can find them) alright! Hoorah!

Let's just give more money!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
deepfreeze66
01-23-2010, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Big corporations have always run the US government. along with the governments of several other countries. The government's practice of using big business for manufacturing has resulted in corporate ownership of many nations

Nothing new there. The Government has always used private corporations. Everything done by governments funds is done by the lowest business. Even the military weapons are made but the lowest bidder. There are no government owned factories, businesses or contractors. However, the successful bidder for government contracts must abide by any and all Government requirements, restrictions and guidelines. Which will include but not be limited to materials, hiring practices, quality, quantity, security restrictions etc.

Bit of trivia a Chinese Company is/was a major manufacturer.

Please note the date of the article and I can not confirm if this is still true today, Just putting this up to give an idea as to how the USA government conducts business.

In the words of John Glenn, first American in space, when a reporter asked him his thoughts as he was being strapped in the Rocket. "This thing was built by the lowest bidder."
Well, I already knew that, Woodrow, but you should watch "The Corporation" for an entertaining and factual piece on what a corporation is.

Trivia: Under law, a corporation is an actual person! Like you and me!

Woodrow
01-24-2010, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=deepfreeze66;1282214

Trivia: Under law, a corporation is an actual person! Like you and me![/QUOTE]

Quite true. Last year I incorporated my business as a stock Corp. I no longer own it. I work for it and it is no different from working for a person. a corporation is a legal entity and technically has all the rights and responsibilities of a person.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.