PDA

View Full Version : "The day I decided to stop being gay"



crayon
01-22-2010, 06:38 AM
A really interesting article I stumbled upon, describes things from a different perspective we don't always see.

A minor incident in a barber’s shop last week has helped me to realise that I may no longer be gay. Not a fully fledged homo, anyway; perhaps not even a part-timer who helps the team out when it’s busy. It appears I may be going straight.


I was in Tenterden, the Kentish village where I was brought up and to which I have lately returned, working at a nearby aerodrome as a helicopter pilot. I was waiting my turn for a chatty Latvian to apply the hot towels and razor.


A handsome young dad entered with a small, fair-haired boy at his side. The man took a seat and hoisted the wide-eyed child proudly on to his knee. The first haircut, I speculated inwardly, as an unfamiliar fatherly glow and feeling of mild envy swept over me. I could not tear my attention away from the mirrored reflections.


From time to time, the dad leant forward as they waited and whispered close to his son’s ear, tenderly kissing his fair head. Touching stuff


But then my eyes lowered and I became transfixed by the sight of the boy’s tiny pink fingers gripping his father’s huge, workman-like fist. And I almost wanted to burst into song.

I think my life changed at that moment.......................
To read the rest, click here.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Subhaan-Allah... Masha'lLah beutiful story
Reply

glo
01-22-2010, 07:45 AM
I think this article will be a challenge to the gay community, who usually expresses quite strongly that your sexuality (homo-or-heterosexuality) is something you are born with and cannot change.
Patrick Muirhead, on the other hand, gives the impression that it is something you can change simply at the drop of a hat.

Interestingly enough, he seems less attracted to the opposite sex than to the idea of fathering his own child.
I wonder if that's enough to build a stable relationship on?
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-22-2010, 09:17 AM
You will soon see another article like the one above titled '' The day I decided to become gay '' and it will be so promoted to remedy the effects of the first one and to keep this sentiment alive :
Originally Posted by glo
(homo-or-heterosexuality) is something you are born with and cannot change.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ali_uk
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM
interesting story. but i think you can not talk about 'gay men' all in one breath, the saying tar-ing them all with the same brush comes to my mind.

We are all individual and we should listen to everyones story before we are so quick to judge.
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ali_uk
interesting story. but i think you can not talk about 'gay men' all in one breath, the saying tar-ing them all with the same brush comes to my mind.

We are all individual and we should listen to everyones story before we are so quick to judge.
the Divine order still stands: homosexuality is haram.
Reply

glo
01-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Here is a response from The Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ejudice-attack
Reply

abu salaahudeen
01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
homosexuality?? laa hawla wala quwatta illa billah

this is the reason why the people of Lot were destroyed
Reply

crayon
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Here is a response from The Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ejudice-attack
Interesting, thanks for sharing it!
Reply

ardianto
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Not easy for gays to change their sexual orientation, but not impossible. They can if they want.

Originally Posted by glo
(homo-or-heterosexuality) is something you are born with and cannot change.
Gay Gene theory ?
http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html
Reply

Supreme
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm waiting for articles that go under the name of 'The Day I decided to stop being black' or 'The day I decided to stop being female'. Don't let me down, all these deadly easy decisions people can make in an instant should be making news too!
Reply

Alpha Dude
01-22-2010, 06:41 PM
So people aren't born gay afterall. Shock horror. :omg:
Reply

glo
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
So people aren't born gay afterall. Shock horror. :omg:
Remember that this is just one guy's view - for all we know he might have an axe to grind with the gay community.

Scientific research still suggests that our sexuality is generally genetically determined ...
Reply

Alpha Dude
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Scientific research still suggests that our sexuality is generally genetically determined ...
Science is also founded upon the assumption that there is no God. ;)
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Scientific research still suggests that our sexuality is generally genetically determined ...
Science suggests im a monkey but i know i aint no god **** monkey!
Reply

Supreme
01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Science is also founded upon the assumption that there is no God. ;)
Is it? This is news to me. As a matter of fact, science (chemistry in particular) has strengthened my conviction that God does exist.
Reply

Alpha Dude
01-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Modern science does not accept the existence of God as a given. In fact, it argues that there is no God. Never heard of evolution?

As a matter of fact, science (chemistry in particular) has strengthened my conviction that God does exist.
A good thing. However, this has no relation to whether or not modern science itself is based on upon the assumption that there is no God.
Reply

Supreme
01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Modern science does not accept the existence of God as a given. In fact, it argues that there is no God. Never heard of evolution?
Evolution does not disqualify the possibility of a God. It only dispells the creation myths found in Genesis and other ancient scriptures that claim God created humanity simply and instantly. It basically says 'If God exists, He didn't make humans using this method' rather than 'God doesn't exist period.'
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Remember that this is just one guy's view - for all we know he might have an axe to grind with the gay community.

Scientific research still suggests that our sexuality is generally genetically determined ...
what scientific research are you talking about? How do you define sexuality? Are you telling me that homosexuality has a genetic component? What are these genes which increases the likelihood of one becoming a gay? I am interested in knowing!

How is it that sisters of most gays are usually not lesbians? Or vice versa? Especially if they had the same parents?

Homosexuality is an abomination. Even, if a person is born a gay, it is a defect. Just like if a XY male is born with damaged or no testes, its a defect. A gay male has defective sexuality which is not good for survival of genes. But again, maybe its a way of nature to filter such "gay" genes out by making them defective?

In the absence of concrete scientific evidence for its genetic basis, I take homosexuality as a psychiatric disorder even though APA has lobbied successfully to not call it a "disease" anymore. But I am open to possibilities. like other psychiatric disorders, homosexuality might very well have a group of genes responsible for it. ... who knows.
Reply

Uthman
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I've yet to read the article properly yet (I've bookmarked it though) but I wanted to recommend this:

Dealing with Homosexual Urges
Reply

Alpha Dude
01-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Evolution does not disqualify the possibility of a God. It only dispells the creation myths found in Genesis and other ancient scriptures that claim God created humanity simply and instantly. It basically says 'If God exists, He didn't make humans using this method' rather than 'God doesn't exist period.'
Big bang followed by Evolution.

Point is, a lot of modern science in based on the notion that all life came about without the involvement of a God. God is not observable (according to the empirical laws of science), therefore does not exist. Theories are founded on this very assumption.

Anyway, what I was trying to say to Glo was that just because current science theories say that homosexuals are born that way, does not mean they should be automatically accepted, cos modern mainstream secular science also says God does not exist and as a believer, she cannot accept that. Can she?
Reply

Amadeus85
01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
I'm waiting for articles that go under the name of 'The Day I decided to stop being black' or 'The day I decided to stop being female'. Don't let me down, all these deadly easy decisions people can make in an instant should be making news too!
There is big difference, someone is born black or female, but a person becomes a gay in his further life.

How people become gays? Usually it hapenns in young age, it is caused by great mental trauma, sexual molestation, rape, death of father/mother, any tragic trauma in childhood that young and fragile mind can't stand. Then this teenager grows up and he cant make normal relations with opposite sex person, he feels "different", he goes deeper in the world of erotic depravations.

Of course, nowadays homosexuals and lesbians are rich and powerful so they shut our mouths, and we cant say that they are simply slowly destroying their lifes.


This is one of the faults of modern pop culture, that it justify homo acts. Tv, movies, media tells to homos - You don't have to worry, do what you like, no one should stop you.

Catholics should love other people, so we tell to homos and lesbians - Leave this decadent and selfish way of life, improve yourself, dont let desires rule you, you are a human being not an animal, which is ruled by instincts.

Even more sad is that some christian heretics want to complaire to modern world so much that they "bless" such abnormal, same sex relationships.
Reply

Supreme
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Big bang followed by Evolution.

Point is, a lot of modern science in based on the notion that all life came about without the involvement of a God. God is not observable (according to the empirical laws of science), therefore does not exist. Theories are founded on this very assumption.

Anyway, what I was trying to say to Glo was that just because current science theories say that homosexuals are born that way, does not mean they should be automatically accepted, cos modern mainstream secular science also says God does not exist and as a believer, she cannot accept that. Can she?

Science is secular, not atheist. That means it has no opinion on whether God exists and causes things to happen or not. It's up to the scientist to be the decider of that. God can exist in the Big Bang or He can't exist. True, these scientific facts have been hijacked over the years by atheists in order to make their views seems more synonymous with science and therefore more rational, but that's no different from a Christian doing a similar thing and attributing an event on the scale of the Big Bang to a higher being ie God.

There is big difference, someone is born black or female, but a person becomes a gay in his further life.

How people become gays? Usually it hapenns in young age, it is caused by great mental trauma, sexual molestation, rape, death of father/mother, any tragic trauma in childhood that young and fragile mind can't stand. Then this teenager grows up and he cant make normal relations with opposite sex person, he feels "different", he goes deeper in the world of erotic depravations.
Actually, people are born gay. Just because it is not a physical feature, it does not mean they are not born with it. My friend came out at 14, the same age I was discovering my sexuality. I was born with my sexuality, I certainly didn't choose it, I have no reason to believe he is any different.

This is one of the faults of modern pop culture, that it justify homo acts. Tv, movies, media tells to homos - You don't have to worry, do what you like, no one should stop you.
If that is the case (and I don't believe it is), it's not doing a very good job because homophobia is still very much existent and perhaps on the rise.

Catholics should love other people, so we tell to homos and lesbians - Leave this decadent and selfish way of life, improve yourself, dont let desires rule you, you are a human being not an animal, which is ruled by instincts.
I know you want to be a good Catholic and therefore you'll do whatever the Pope in Rome orders you to, but you can still think for yourself and use your own bit of common initiative and question why you are truly so against homosexuality.


Even more sad is that some christian heretics want to complaire to modern world so much that they "bless" such abnormal, same sex relationships.
I never really thought embracing and blessing sinners like Jesus did was ever heretical, but if it is, then so be it!
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 01:03 AM
@ Supreme: You said "Actually, people are born gay. Just because it is not a physical feature, it does not mean they are not born with it. My friend came out at 14, the same age I was discovering my sexuality. I was born with my sexuality, I certainly didn't choose it, I have no reason to believe he is any different."

Sorry but there are some logical acrobats here. First you say that they are born gay. Then later on you said that sexuality is "discovered" during puberty. It certainly cannot be both. Are you saying that homosexual "genes" increase the probability that someone will discover their homosexual sexuality during puberty, more so than a "straight" person? I have every reason to believe that homosexuals choose to get sexual gratification from other sex. The reason are some abnormal events in their life during their toddler months when their brain is actually growing and laying synaptic tracks. based on how the brain has developed, when the time comes for puberty, they "come out." That is just my opinion on it ... maybe the reality is totally opposite, let's wait for it to come out through scientific endeavor.

I have mentioned it before, the medical students/doctors I've talked to, their "personal opinion" was that it is a psychiatric disorder.
Reply

Alpha Dude
01-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually, people are born gay. Just because it is not a physical feature, it does not mean they are not born with it. My friend came out at 14, the same age I was discovering my sexuality. I was born with my sexuality, I certainly didn't choose it, I have no reason to believe he is any different.
People must also be born as theives, rapists, murderers, paedos, necrophiles, heck even artists, musicians, mathemeticians etc. Nope, not learned behaviours at all. It's all in the genes.
Reply

Amadeus85
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Supreme;1281810]


Actually, people are born gay. Just because it is not a physical feature, it does not mean they are not born with it. My friend came out at 14, the same age I was discovering my sexuality. I was born with my sexuality, I certainly didn't choose it, I have no reason to believe he is any different.
Its worth to read homos life stories Sup, very few of them had "normal, happy" childhood. They are mostly fatherless children, children harmed mentally or physicaly by close relatives.

If that is the case (and I don't believe it is), it's not doing a very good job because homophobia is still very much existent and perhaps on the rise.
Media does play a role, look at american tv films, talk shows, movies. How many homos and lesbians are shown there lately? Many. Mostly it's affirmation of their sexual pervertion. I don't think that You could believe that Hollywood does promote good values...


I know you want to be a good Catholic and therefore you'll do whatever the Pope in Rome orders you to, but you can still think for yourself and use your own bit of common initiative and question why you are truly so against homosexuality.
Homosexuality does not bother me daily, not more than for example the so called global warming (cold in UK huh? ;). I also think that my country and Europe have better things to take care than such private issues. But, unfortunately, nowadays the crusade of homo activists is one of the element of the war, that is being waged against Christ in Europe and USA.

I never really thought embracing and blessing sinners like Jesus did was ever heretical, but if it is, then so be it!
The teachings of Jesus and His acts should be read in context and especially imho on the fundament of the tradition of Church Fathers. Otherwise we may interpretate Bible on many ways. For ones Jesus beats the merchants with a lash in the temple, for others He only helps the hookers. Bare in mind that individual interpretation of Bible caused that for some people Jesus is seen as ...first communist.
Reply

Supreme
01-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Sorry but there are some logical acrobats here. First you say that they are born gay. Then later on you said that sexuality is "discovered" during puberty. It certainly cannot be both. Are you saying that homosexual "genes" increase the probability that someone will discover their homosexual sexuality during puberty, more so than a "straight" person? I have every reason to believe that homosexuals choose to get sexual gratification from other sex. The reason are some abnormal events in their life during their toddler months when their brain is actually growing and laying synaptic tracks. based on how the brain has developed, when the time comes for puberty, they "come out." That is just my opinion on it ... maybe the reality is totally opposite, let's wait for it to come out through scientific endeavor.
People are born gay, they discover they are gay in their teens. This is because when they are young children, they rarely (if ever) think of sex, or who they'd like to have sex with. However, at puberty, sex is far more on the agenda of both males and females, and they start to think of what types of people they'd like to have sex with a whole lot more.
People must also be born as theives, rapists, murderers, paedos, necrophiles, heck even artists, musicians, mathemeticians etc. Nope, not learned behaviours at all. It's all in the genes.
I'd agree that people are born pedos, necrophilesm artists, musicians and mathematicians, although I would not agree they're born rapists and murderers. People do these things for various reasons, including circumstance and environment.

Its worth to read homos life stories Sup, very few of them had "normal, happy" childhood. They are mostly fatherless children, children harmed mentally or physicaly by close relatives.
Really? Because my gay friend falls into neither of those categories!

Media does play a role, look at american tv films, talk shows, movies. How many homos and lesbians are shown there lately? Many. Mostly it's affirmation of their sexual pervertion. I don't think that You could believe that Hollywood does promote good values...
That's because the media tries to make people aware of the role played by gays in society. It also tries to highlight discrimination against gays which truly does happen.

Homosexuality does not bother me daily, not more than for example the so called global warming (cold in UK huh? ;). I also think that my country and Europe have better things to take care than such private issues. But, unfortunately, nowadays the crusade of homo activists is one of the element of the war, that is being waged against Christ in Europe and USA.
A lot of 'homo activists', myself included, happen to be Bible believing, God fearing, Jesus obsessed Christians such as myself- hardly a crusade against Christ.

The teachings of Jesus and His acts should be read in context and especially imho on the fundament of the tradition of Church Fathers. Otherwise we may interpretate Bible on many ways. For ones Jesus beats the merchants with a lash in the temple, for others He only helps the hookers. Bare in mind that individual interpretation of Bible caused that for some people Jesus is seen as ...first communist.
There's a right and a wrong way to interprete things; Jesus was a liberal. A pacifistic liberal. But not as far left as to be a communist. Also, Jesus never whipped merchants with lashes. He overturned their stalls, granted, but He never actually beat them. Where did you get that from?
Reply

Amadeus85
01-24-2010, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=Supreme;1282869]




Really? Because my gay friend falls into neither of those categories!
An exception proving the rule.

That's because the media tries to make people aware of the role played by gays in society. It also tries to highlight discrimination against gays which truly does happen.
You really believe that? :omg:

A lot of 'homo activists', myself included, happen to be Bible believing, God fearing, Jesus obsessed Christians such as myself- hardly a crusade against Christ.
OMG, :(.
I better keep my thoughts to myself now.

There's a right and a wrong way to interprete things; Jesus was a liberal. A pacifistic liberal. But not as far left as to be a communist. Also, Jesus never whipped merchants with lashes. He overturned their stalls, granted, but He never actually beat them. Where did you get that from?
Jesus was a liberal? A pacifistis liberal? What about the punishments that our Creator, One in Trinity, sent on people in Old Testament? What about wars waged by Israelis in Creator's name?

Besides, I think that using the names of modern doctrines like liberalism or pacifism to the times 2000 years ago is intelectually not fair.
Reply

The Ruler
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
"Are you defined by what is in your genes? ARE YOU SIMPLY DEFINED BY WHAT IS IN YOUR DNA?! No. NO!" - A great human genetics professor, who claimed to be a heretic, once shouted across the lecture room.

Someone who believes homosexuality to be genetic surely believes in genes being turned 'on'/'off' due to influence from the environment?
Reply

Supreme
01-24-2010, 08:08 PM
You really believe that?
Of course I believe it.

Jesus was a liberal? A pacifistis liberal? What about the punishments that our Creator, One in Trinity, sent on people in Old Testament? What about wars waged by Israelis in Creator's name?
Yes, Jesus was a pacifistic liberal whilst setting us an example during His short stay on Earth. I'm talking about His time on Earth.
Reply

glo
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
A lot of 'homo activists', myself included, happen to be Bible believing, God fearing, Jesus obsessed Christians such as myself- hardly a crusade against Christ.
Originally Posted by Amadeus85

OMG, :(.
I better keep my thoughts to myself now.
Hi Amadeus

Whatever you think about the rights or wrongs of homosexuality, do you think homosexual people cannot or should not be allowed to be followers of Christ?
Do you have to be perfect and free of sin before you can call yourself a Christian?
Are you perfect and free of sin? I know I am not!
Reply

جوري
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Remember that this is just one guy's view - for all we know he might have an axe to grind with the gay community.

Scientific research still suggests that our sexuality is generally genetically determined ...

No scientific research suggests that there is a 'gay gene'.. hence homosexuality is taught in psychiatry not in genetics courses.
I love how you write of 'scientific research' as if an authority figure!
Reply

جوري
01-24-2010, 09:09 PM
'Gay' gene claim suddenly vanishes

American Psychological Association revises statement on homosexuality

Posted: May 12, 2009
9:30 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

A publication from the American Psychological Association includes an admission that there is no "gay" gene, according to a doctor who has written about the issue on the website of National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality.
A. Dean Byrd, the past president of NARTH, confirmed that the statement from the American Psychological Association came in a brochure that updates what the APA has advocated for years.
Specifically, in a brochure that first came out about 1998, the APA stated: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
However, in the update: a brochure now called, "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," the APA's position changed.
The new statement says:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles. ..."





"Although there is no mention of the research that influenced this new position statement, it is clear that efforts to 'prove' that homosexuality is simply a biological fait accompli have failed," Byrd wrote. "The activist researchers themselves have reluctantly reached that conclusion. There is no gay gene. There is no simple biological pathway to homosexuality."
Byrd said the APA's documents both new and old "have strong activist overtones," but the newer document "is more reflective of science and more consistent with the ethicality of psychological care."
"On the question of whether or not therapy can change sexual orientation, the former document offered a resounding 'no,'" Byrd wrote. "However, the current document is much more nuanced and contains the following statement: 'To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective.'"
A spokesman for NARTH said the change in statements, although not new, is considered significant for the organization. The APA declined to return a WND call requesting comment.
Byrd questioned whether the APA now plans to study the effectiveness of a variety of therapies for homosexuality.
"Many are entirely without validation, yet practitioners regularly receive Continuing Education credits for teaching these same therapies through APA-approved courses. Perhaps it is time for APA to hold all therapies and all therapists to the standard which they advocate for reorientation therapy," he said.
But he wrote that the changes are substantial, with even a change in the APA's recommendations for additional information.
"Most intriguing are the recommended resources for further reading. The former brochure referred readers to the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force; to Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, and to Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS), all activist groups," Byrd wrote. "The current brochure refers readers to the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the American Academy of Pediatrics."
NARTH documents other evidence of a lack of a "gay" gene, too.
For example, Douglas Abbott, a University of Nebraska professor, concluded, "If homosexuality was caused by genetic mechanisms, their children would be more likely to choose same-sex interaction. But they aren't more likely, so therefore it can't be genetic."
NARTH also rebuts some of the advocacy positions taken by homosexual proponents.
"The term 'homophobia' is often used inaccurately to describe any person who objects to homosexual behavior on either moral, psychological or medical grounds," NARTH explains. "Technically, however, the terms actually denotes a person who has a phobia – or irrational fear – of homosexuality. Principled disagreement, therefore, cannot be labeled 'homophobia.'"
WND has reported on those who have left the homosexual lifestyle, and the opposition they face, including when a homosexual advocate attributed the crime of rape to the "sickness" of the ex-"gay" movement.
Among other recent developments in the ongoing argument over the 'innateness" on homosexuality:


Regina Griggs, the executive director of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays, said her organization and staff members repeatedly have been attacked simply because of their message: that there are such individuals as former homosexuals.
Some attacks have been physical, such as a 2007 incident at the Arlington County Fair. Police told WND, there was a confrontation between an individual who got upset over the PFOX message about leaving homosexuality and a volunteer at the fair booth.
"One officer told me today he was on patrol at the fair when a woman approached him and told him a man had knocked over pamphlets at the PFOX booth and assaulted another man there. The officer then spoke to the alleged victim. He did not want to press charges and therefore no written report was filed," said a statement issued by John Lisle, media relations officer for the Arlington County police department.
"Based on the description the officer was given, he located the suspect at the fair. Another officer escorted that gentleman off the fair grounds," his statement continued.
The result? Pro-homosexual activists vigorously condemned Griggs for "making up" the story when she alerted supporters about the situation.
"Regina Griggs has lost all credibility and must resign in shame for her dishonest behavior," wrote Wayne Besen, executive director of the homosexual advocacy group Truth Wins Out. "What PFOX did was warped, twisted and an insult (sic) real hate crime victims."
Those who condemn homosexual behavior also face electronic badgering. When Sally Kern, an Oklahoma lawmaker, vocally rejected the homosexual lifestyle, she was inundated with tens of thousands of e-mails in a coordinated attack on her beliefs. Some of the e-mails threatened her.


Related offers:
'The Marketing of Evil'
"Kinsey: Crimes & Consequences"

Previous stories:
Now it's EX-'gays' getting pummeled
Activist blames 'ex-gay' ministries for rapes
National PTA shuts out ex-homosexuals
'Homosexuals say only they benefit from hate crimes laws'
Transgender lobby to intimidate petitioners
Thousands rally for biblical marriage
'Gays' shut down discussion of faith
'Homosexuals say only they benefit from hate crimes laws'
Parents ask court to stop 'gay' indoctrination
Telling kids homosexuality 'innate' challenged
State ignores plea to teach sex factually
People born homosexual, say local school officials
State education chief pushes 'gay' pornfest
Wrist slap for 'Have sex, take drugs' school seminar
We blew sex seminar, school chief says
'Have sex, do drugs,' speaker tells students
Law requires teaching condom use to children
School critics 'deserve hell'
Principal bans parents from pro-'gay' seminar
District gags 14-year-olds after 'gay' indoctrination
Judge orders 'gay' agenda taught to Christian children
'State interest' argued in teaching homosexuality
'Gay' groups: We have rights to your children!
Families file federal suit over 'gay' readings
Teacher reads 2nd-graders story about 'gay' wedding
District lifts ban on parent over pro-'gay' book
Charges dropped against jailed dad
Trial over pro-'gay' book set to begin
No notice to parents in 'diversity' classes
Dad on trial over homosexual book
Father faces trial over school's 'pro-gay' book


http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97940
Reply

Amadeus85
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=glo;1283020]

Hi Amadeus, whatever you think about the rights or wrongs of homosexuality
,

Hello Glo.

My opinion doesn't really matter here, I'm not that vain to decide about such important issues like morality or sexuality. Only what I do is to repeat Creator's opinion about the act of homosexuality. And it hurts me that many christians nowadays are vain enough to do not agree with the God's decision.

do you think homosexual people cannot or should not be allowed to be followers of Christ?
They can and they should, but however the church should remind homos or lesbians that homosexual act is wrong and sinful. Otherwise that "church" simply glorifies evil and allows homos and lesbians further suffering in their selfish lust.

Do you have to be perfect and free of sin before you can call yourself a Christian?
Of course we dont have to be perfect, but the church should teach about being at least close to perfect and to live without sin. What should I say about religion which allows people to live in sin, only because nowadays majority of people agree with that? Should people change church or church change people?

Are you perfect and free of sin? I know I am not!
I'm not either, but thanx to strict and unchangable code and rules that gives religion, I can endeavor to ideal of life with the least amount of sin.

Which religion is better for a human - the one which says "Do what You want to" or the one saying - "Improve Yourself, fight with Your weaknesses, Change Your bad addictions"?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2017, 06:26 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 01:22 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!