/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Honor Killings?"

OurIslamic
01-22-2010, 09:29 PM
I've heard stories of women who've been raped and then were killed (by family or the government) because they were raped. I don't understand why they kill rape victims. Can someone please explain?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
01-23-2010, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I've heard stories of women who've been raped and then were killed (by family or the government) because they were raped. I don't understand why they kill rape victims. Can someone please explain?
:sl:
Because they think the rape victims bring disgrace to the family and their name?;D We live in a corrupt world, brother, where even there are disputes amongst family members.

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 06:48 AM
During the partition of India and Pakistan, there was much chaos. The concept of jeendri/respect/grace/izzat is much rampant among desi people. I heard that Sikhs would kill their daughters from the fear that Muslim lads would rape them in that chaos. I have no reason to believe that this is a false story. Same happened with Muslim sisters.

OurIslamic
01-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Rape Victim in Saudi Arabia Scheduled to be Lashed 100 Times
File this under abominable.

A 35-year-old, Filipino woman living and working Saudi Arabia, who was raped, is scheduled to be lashed 100 times by the state. "Camille" as she is being called, traveled to Saudi Arabia in the spring of last year in order to get a job as a janitor, reportedly to support her three children (ages 5, 14, and 15). After being raped by one of her coworkers in September, she was then imprisoned. Pregnant at the time, she actually miscarried in December behind bars. According to Truth/Slant:
In Saudi Arabia, all sex outside of marriage -- including rape and sexual assault -- can result in prison and lashings under their extreme interpretation of Sharia...The Saudi interpretation of Sharia law does not allow pregnant women to be lashed. However, now that Camille is no longer pregnant, she may be lashed at any time by the government. The Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs reports that the sentence will be carried out this month.
So...the Saudi government has joined the club. It does say that they interpret "extremely", but still, how can they even interpret that a rape victim should be punished!?

It's not like she, the victim, wanted to get raped...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-26-2010, 05:00 AM
^:sl: Islam doesn't need muslims like that. There's too many giving Islam a bad name. May Allah guide them to the true Islam. I'm sick of some muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-26-2010, 05:21 AM
because they are stupid. honor killings actually have no place in Islam. http://islamqa.com/en/ref/101972/honor%20killings

Malaikah
01-26-2010, 06:18 AM
So...the Saudi government has joined the club. It does say that they interpret "extremely", but still, how can they even interpret that a rape victim should be punished!?

I seriously doubt that is that case. Sounds like utter rubbish. Plus what you posted sounds like it was taken from a forum, you need to post the actual article.

Donia
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM

Killing a rape victim solely based on the fact that she was raped and that might bring some type of humiliation or whatever to the family is not rational. Therefore, it is not possible to try to rationalize irrational actions.

I don't know how accurate these stories are but I'm sure things like this have happened unfortunately.

Common sense is lacking. I'm starting to notice that more and more.. Adhubillah.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
:sl: i never heard of honor killings i have heard of honor killings happening in London well attempted murder.. like i heard one story on sky news a muslim brother had been beaten nearly to dead and acid thrown in his eyes for having an affair with a married muslim woman

OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 03:40 AM
I can understand people being angry because someone is willfully cheating on them, like the example which sister cat eyes brought up. However, I am quite disturbed regarding stories I've heard of rape victims being killed because they're bringing "dishonor" to their family...

//-Asif-\\
01-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Honor killings were running rampant for some time in Pakistan/India by some "Muslims". Like da Scientist said above,some desi (Pakistani/Indians etc.)folks are nuts! And I know cause I am one! Culture and ridiculous customs some with no logical basis are the number one priority. Your reputation comes before Allah's commands. Sad but true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.