/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If a murderer makes repentance to Allah does he walk away free?

Salahudeen
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Aslaam alaykum, I was just wondering, if a murder makes repentance to Allah and Allah forgives him does that mean he won't receive any punishment in the akhira for taking some 1s life cos Allah has forgiven him of that sin?

Or will Allah ask the person who he murdered if they have forgiven him or not, and if the person who he murdered doesn't forgive him then Allah punishes him?

I'm not sure what Islam says about this :hmm: the sin is between the person he murdered and the murderer so shouldn't the person whom he murdered have a say or about whether he gets punished :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
:sl:
Is this of any help?
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/18/murder%20repent

Repentance (tawbah) from murder

How does a murderer repent for his sin?

A murderer has three rights on him. That of Allah, that of the murdered person, and those of his or her immediate kin.

As for Allah's right it cannot be requited but with true repentance.

The right of the immediate kin can be requited by the murderer by handing himself over to them in order that they either: a) turn him over to the authorities for execution; b) accept monetary compensation from him; or c) forgive him.

The right of the person himself who was murdered cannot be compensated for in this world. Some scholars are of the opinion - and this seems to be the preferable opinion - that if the murderer is true in his repentance, Allah will clear him of his sin and compensate on his behalf by satisfying the person murdered on the Day of Judgment.

Excerpts from the book "I would like to repent BUT..."

Dagless
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't think anyone can answer this since it's Allah's choice, and so something we cannot predict.

Salahudeen
01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
^true, but I heard that hadith about the man who murdered 99 people and Allah forgave him, i was just thinking about the 99 people he murdered and how they would feel if they saw him in jannah with them. that's if they made it to jannah :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
01-22-2010, 11:23 PM
In the this case First the Victim has to forgive the person and then only Allah will forgive him .

desert winds
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Squiddle, Allah forgives all sins except the sin of shirk. And i have heard of insanes reply before too. I think people will be too concernd about themselves to worry where others will go, heaven or hell.

'Abd-al Latif
01-23-2010, 12:17 AM
:salamext:

Without getting into too much detail, for major sins hudood (prescribed punishment) is to be implemented. Such a case is to be taken to an Islamic court and the Muslim judge is the one who will rule on this case. There are a number of things to be taken into account by the judge that will determine the outcome of the murderer i.e. why he killed, who he killed (i.e. was he a Muslim or not), whether he has to pay the blood money or should will he be killed for his crime (hadeeth of the Prophet (:saws:) - a tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye and a life for a life) etc. This is up to the Muslim judge and this is practiced in Muslim lands. Therefore since no body seems to know what they are talking about I would advise all participants of this thread to follow the example of insane insaan who quoted a passage from islamqa instead of throwing personal opinions.

If the first article was too short then this may help. http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10923

Lastly because everyone just wants to have some sort of a say without really knowing the ahkaam (rulings) or even basic knowledge on this subject this thread is officially closed.

To the thread starter, you may PM me if you wish to discuss this.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.