/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Course: Introduction to Islam and the Muslim culture

glo
01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I am hoping to get a place on this 'Introduction to Islam and the Muslim culture' course.
It is aimed at people who work in the public sector or health service, so I will ask my line manager tomorrow if she will give me permission to attend. (If not I will might a day's leave and go anyway)

Apart from providing valuable knowledge about Muslim communities who come from diverse backgrounds, and assisting in promoting racial equality, as per the Race Relations Amendment Act, and Religious Discrimination Legislation, it also helps with eliminating fears about Islam, which have been created by negative portrayal of Islam by the media and Islamaphobia in general.
http://www.educationislam.org/englis...page/Itemid,1/

My question is, has anybody heard of these people (Aksaa Management and Training Consultants) or knows more about this specific course?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I never heard about them, but I have visited their website and looking for some information about them.

I think you can learn about Islam and Muslim culture from them. :)

glo
01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Thank you for your reply, ardianto.

Looking at the information, courses in other towns take place in mosques and give people the opportunity to look around, watch Muslims praying etc.
Unfortunately the course I would attend will be held in a community centre, rather than a mosques.

Muslim Woman
01-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
.. Unfortunately the course I would attend will be held in a community centre, rather than a mosques.

tell them to make a trip to mosque during prayer time ; so that u can watch how Muslims pray :)

don't forget to let us know what u learnt about us :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

don't forget to let us know what u learnt about us :D
You mean, like what you haven't taught me already, Muslim Woman? :haha:

ardianto
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
tell them to make a trip to mosque during prayer time ; so that u can watch how Muslims pray :)
Good idea...

Cabdullahi
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
is it those powerpoint presentation counter terrorism courses for the public?

Muslim Woman
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Salaam/Peace

how about the course , glo ?

glo
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I got permission from my manager to attend the course in the summer.
I'll let you know how I got on ... :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.